Interventional Pain Clinic is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant with college credits in biology/chemistry to work in our state of the art office. Must have 2-3 yrs. stable job history in an outpatient practice setting. Phlebotomist and CMA preferred.
This in not an entry level job. Internship is not considered experience.
Job duties: To provide administrative and clinical support under the direction of management and physician in an Interventional Pain Management clinic.
Key duties of Medical Assistant:
1. Will need to perform scientific analyst of body fluids including operation of a bench top chemical analyzer. Duties may include reporting results, quality control, and assiting with instrument maintenance
2. Record patient history and measure vital signs within the EMR
3. Assist physician with patient examinations
4. Assist with maintaining medical supplies and equipment
5. Perform basic laboratory tests, drug testing, conducting pill counts
6. Dispose of contaminated supplies and sterilize medical instruments
7. Instruct patients about medication or special diets under the direction of a physician
8. Assist with procedures and injections as directed by the physician
9. Prepare bodily fluids such as blood and urine for laboratory tests with outside lab
10. Prior Authorization and Referrals verifications
Desired Experience and Skills:
At least 2 years of experience
Experience with urine drug testing
Experience with medications is a must
Punctuality and outstanding attendance a must.
Great communication skills
Great organizational skills
Attention to detail a must