Acts as a senior technical member of the Infrastructure team. Responsible for translating architectural direction into concrete infrastructure designs, and advising client project teams on industry "best practices," as well as OS installation and configuration. Also responsible for the installation and configuration of required tool-sets, security lockdown of OS and adherence to Call Center, and Corporate security standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Anticipates problems and analyze ways to mitigate the risk.
- Articulate the business value and impact of advanced technical and non-technical information.
- Provides effective production support including accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue.
- Documents small-to-medium scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision.
- Positively leads and frequently provides feedback and strategic recommendations to management in addition to coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Implements complex medium- to large-scale projects.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Windows systems administration and deployment in an environment of 20+ servers.
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of Storage technologies (SAN and NAS), file replication technologies (DFS-R, SRDF, and VERITAS Volume Replicator), Windows scripting languages (batch, vbscript, and Powershell), Windows Server security concepts, server virtualization technologies, Active Directory, and infrastructure design concepts, and Backup technologies (ie: Symantec Backup Exec).
- Strong documentation and technical skills in the preparation of taking servers into the production environment according to project requirements and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience using Linux
- Expert knowledge of Thin client technology.
- Evening and weekend work to meet business needs.
- General office environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.