Responsible for the planning, management, development, implementation, training and maintenance of voice and data services (T3, DS3, DS1, DS0, MPLS) and the cabling infrastructure. Monitors and maintains all peripheral equipment and data networks to provide high quality voice network services. Manages two data centers (primary and backup).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide overall responsibility for the installation, maintenance and cost control of data services to avoid disruption in communications and ensure efficiency of operations.
- Oversee the overall operations for both central and remote locations. Responsible for WAN MPLS network and carrier relationship. Monitor activities related to installation of common carrier's services. Work with Telecommunication Services staff to provide voice over IP services.
- Respond to trouble calls both internal and from external clients. Responsible for diagnosis and repair of all equipment within the demarc location. Interface with users to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions. Capable of estimating, trouble-shooting, using test equipment and familiar with carrier procedures. Validate and test reported problems with computerized switching records. Activate alternative to temporarily bypass problem if available. On call as required by network events.
- Analyze and implement work orders. Report repairs to vendors and coordinate repairs. Responsible for overseeing the work of vendors, interconnects, local phone company and in-house personnel on network equipment. Perform adds, moves and changes when appropriate.
- Perform periodic testing of service availability, capacity, performance and failover.
- Supervise and coordinate the current system to provide users with uninterrupted service.
- Maintain trunk facilities, cable plant, MPLS networks, battery back-up, and data lines to ensure all are in operating order. Develop and recommend new program changes to ensure maximum efficiency while minimizing cost and service outages.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining guidelines for emergency procedures.
- Provide limited training to faculty, staff and administration.
- Review, maintain and develop guidelines for all support systems, service contracts, warranties and outside consultants.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or in a related field, or four (4) years relevant work experience may be substituted for a degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years previous experience utilizing VoIP in a call center or large scale environment.
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills required. Participation in sales meetings and direct contact with customer are critical aspects of this position.
- Expert understanding of ISDN, DS3 and DS1.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with routing protocols like EIGRP,OSPF BGP and working Knowledge in MPLS
- Strong hands-on experience with Cisco 2xxx, 3xxx, platforms
- Experience in ASA and IPSEC VPN technologies
- Must be highly motivated, driven and a self-starter.
- International Telecom Carrier Experience a plus. VoIP and call center industry experience preferred.
- Contact Center experience.
- Evening and weekend work to meet business needs.
- General office environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
Indeed - 13 months ago