Position Title: Controls Engineer
PERBIX is a leading supplier of custom automation assembly/inspection equipment in the Twin Cities area and is currently seeking a self-motivated individual who is eager to learn. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 2-8 years of experience in automation.
The primary function of a Controls Engineer at PERBIX is to provide complete electrical and software design for custom automated machine build projects. This includes ownership of electrical design/layout, software design/programming, debug of hardware/software, and customer acceptance testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical Design:
- Work with project manager, machine design engineer, and customer to develop a low risk and robust machine design.
- Create electrical schematics and bill of materials to meet project requirements.
- Interface with panel shop to ensure electrical panels meet customer and project requirements.
- Support assembly department by clarifying any design questions they may have.
- Software Design:
- Create application design documentation and lead customer software design reviews.
- Program all software for the project with PLC, HMI, Servo, Robotics, Vision, Laser, etc.
- Startup and Debug:
- Test and verify all electrical wiring for the entire system: safety circuit, IO, communications, etc.
- Work with assembly and machine design engineer to ensure all mechanical setups and alignments are completed properly.
- Debug and test all software to meet project requirements.
- Meet with customer to ensure their machine requirements are fulfilled.
- Customer Acceptance:
- Assist customer in testing and documenting final machine operation.
- Provide training and support to customer as needed.
- Creation of machine user’s manual from template per customer requirements.
- Validation documentation where required by customer.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Detail oriented
- Desire to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Electrical Schematic design and drafting using AutoCAD Electrical
- PLC/PAC controls (primarily AB/Allen Bradley CompactLogix & ControlLogix)
- HMI (primarily Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View SE & ME)
- Servo Motion (primarily Allen Bradley servos)
- Vision Inspection & Vision Guided motion (primarily Cognex VisionPro and InSight)
- Robots: Scara & 6-Axis (primarily Denso and Adept)
- Industrial instrumentation and PID loop control.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
National Engineering Resources, Inc.
Brooklyn Park, MN
- 3 days ago