We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the founding team of PIBS Labs, a next generation corporate intelligence application with a radically disruptive business and pricing model. PIBS was founded in 2012 by a former Goldman Sachs venture capital investor. For a glimpse of PIBS our demo video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jHGogVVdgc
Day to Day Tasks:
- You will report directly to the founder & CEO and work closely with the Director of Business Development. You will be responsible for software development as well as overseeing development efforts of an offshore contract IT firm. You’ll bridge technical and business ideas as you design technologies with engineers, architect strategies to test assumptions in the market segments identified. You’ll analyze, position, package, and tailor PIBS’ solutions for each market opportunity.
- PIBS has garnered interest from several Fortune 1,000 and SMB enterprises looking to reduce operating expenses while preserving or expanding their ability to analyze real-time and actionable business information. PIBS’ long list of partners includes several leading data providers, content aggregators, investment banks and corporations globally.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related degree
- Background in machine learning and/or information retrieval
- Very strong grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Command of HTML 4 and PHP. Ability to put in place transition plan to move the platform from PHP to Python
- Thrive on implementation and scaling horizontally
- MySQL knowledge
- Specific interest in search engines, spam detection, recommendation systems, or social networks
- Command-line scripting skills
- Equity (4-year vesting schedule)
- Cash stipend to full-time compensation model