Employee Relations Specialist
As an Integrated Delivery System (IDS), PIH Health provides a range of healthcare services to better serve its community. The IDS offers quality healthcare across multiple service lines, including utilization of primary care teams to provide general medicine and preventative care; access to emergency and urgent care, home health services and hospice; a network of over 180 specialists and more. PIH Health’s services includes a 400-plus bed acute care, nonprofit hospital founded in 1959 and today serves over 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, the greater San Gabriel Valley and Orange County areas.
Due to the growth of PIH Health, we currently have an opening for a full-time Employee Relations Specialist to work with all aspects of the employee relations function.
The Employee Relations Specialist will recommend, develop, implement and evaluate hospital-wide employee relations policies, practices and activities. The position involves conducting workplace investigations, and delivering recommendations to management on courses of action regarding workplace issues. The Employee Relations Specialist will provide training on performance management, disciplinary actions, documentation and general employment issues. The qualified candidate will assist in creating and implementing a pro-active employee relations program.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of professional level Human Resources experience
- Expert ability to conduct investigations and make recommendations
- Ability to maintain interpersonal relationships with staff at all levels; manage conflict; and exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid knowledge of employment law
- Labor relations experience preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area’s leading community health care provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you’ll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Plus, we use team concepts to encourage professional growth and development.