The Administrator is a qualified person appointed by the Board of Directors (Governing Body) to administer, direct, and coordinate all the activities of the Agency in compliance with governing regulations. The responsibility for administration and management of the home health services program shall be vested in the individual whose qualifications, authority, and duties shall be defined in this written statement approved by the Governing Body.
The Administrator organizes and directs the Agency's ongoing functions including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining an on-going liaison with the Professional Advisory Committee, the Governing Body, and the Agency staff.
- Coordinating service components to be provided by contractual agreement and ensuring hiring of qualified personnel.
- Planning overall development of the Home Health Agency as set forth in the Conditions of Participation under the direction of the Governing Body and Professional Advisory Board.
- Directing installation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure achievement of objectives of the program.
- Reviewing and evaluating existing policies and procedures on a timely basis.
- Developing standards and methods of measurement of Agency activities, e.g., as in the agencies annual program evaluation.
- Oversees annual program evaluation and assists with implementation of suggestions from this evaluation.
- Initiating preparation of yearly budget for control of expenditures.
- Arranging for an effective budgeting and accounting system.
- Recommending rules governing conduct while on duty, working hours, and salary or per visit rates.
- Developing cooperative relationships with other agencies for exchange of information and services with community agencies to develop understanding of the program. Contracting local, state, and national associations and participates in meetings and conventions.
- Other duties as needed.
- A minimum, at least one (2) years of administrative or supervisory experience in skilled home health care.
- Willingness to do field visits as needed
- Experience with Home Health start ups
- Solid understanding of Medicare Home Health Care Standards, regulations, guidelines, COP's, compliance, CHAP
- Excellent organizational leadership abilities
- Previous experience with full responsibility for branch operations, both clinical and administrative areas.
- Ability to create, manage and interpret budget, hire & training of new staff
- Extensive knowledge of OASIS and reimbursement.
- Experience handling day-to-day operations
Indeed - 19 months ago