We are a leader in skilled home care and specialists in geriatric care. Our dedicated, compassionate staff is highly trained in the diagnosis and treatment of seniors. Advanced medical technology and compassionate care is now available for the care of your loved one from the comfort of home.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) is a qualified professional who assists the physician in evaluating level of function, helps develop the plan of treatment (revising as necessary), prepares clinical and progress notes, advises and consults with the family and other agency personnel, and participates in In-service programs.
Duties of Occupational Therapist
- Provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician.
- Assists the physician in evaluating level-of-function by applying diagnostic and prognostic procedures.
- Evaluates and establishes goals based on the patient's current level-of-functioning and potential for improvement.
- Assists in developing and updating the plan of treatment. Participates in case conferences as requested.
- Guides and instructs the patient in prescribed therapeutic, self-care, and creative activities that are directed toward improving independence and physical and mental functioning.
- Establishes household management routines.
- Observes, records, and reports to the physician the patient's reaction to the therapy program or any changes in the patient's condition.
- Documents each visit made to the patient and incorporates notes into the clinical record at least weekly.
- Prepares written discharge summary.
- Advises, consults, and instructs patients and their families in the use of prosthetic, orthotic, assistive devices and adaptive equipment.
- Instructs, teaches, and supervises the family in the patient's total occupational therapy program.
- Instructs, teaches, and supervises other health team personnel in the case of patients regarding occupational therapy.
- Evaluates the home environment and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Participates in scheduled joint visits at least every 2 weeks or every 4-6-treatment session with OTA on the case.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Is currently licensed as an Occupational Therapist by the State of practice.
Is a graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the Council on Education of the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Has two (2) years of appropriate experience as an O.T.
Indeed - 23 months ago