As a computer programmer at PJ Technologies (full-time or independent consultant), you will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work.
This is a great opportunity for engineers with several years of back-end development experience related to Enterprise Systems Management or with passion about IT Remote Management and Monitoring Solutions to dive deep into our Goverlan product line, and use their knowledge to deliver high quality contributions for the next version of our solutions.
- Design, implement, and document core technology components
- Apply strong C++ developer experience to code new and enhanced development objectives specified by senior management.
- Test on-going releases and new versions of our software products
- Report any discrepancies, changes or recommendations, and/or problems for resolution to senior management.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR GREENCARD HOLDER
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Solid knowledge of software development fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, multi-threading, localization, character encoding schemes, service interface design, UML, memory architectures and data types, user mode vs. kernel mode programming, networking concepts.
- At least 3+ years of professional experience and extensive programming in C++ on the Windows platform under Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or later IDE.
- Hands-on experience with: MFC, ATL, Win32 API and other Windows programming libraries.
- Solid knowledge of the Windows Operating System architectures and concepts such as the registry, the file system, Windows security & permissions, UAC and elevation, etc.
- Very good understanding of computer networks and related concepts.
Workplace Skills & Personal Qualities
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to face complexity and manage it
- Quickly understand new ideas and learn new technologies
- Able to work closely with other developers to understand needs/issues and develop cooperative solutions
- Highly motivated to solve new and unique problems
- Proven experience and ability to take a project from inception through delivery
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory & Systems Management programming technologies such as ADSI, WMI, SNMP and IntelVPro - a very strong plus.
- Experience in Qt programming
- Coding skills in database design and SQL