Excellent opportunity to use your leadership skills to make a difference in the lives of adults diagnosed with mental health disorders, including the homeless, by providing housing and supportive services. A growing not-for-profit organization that has carved a niche in residential and supportive services in the community is looking for a Director of Client Services.
Reporting to and working in partnership with the Executive Director, this position is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating client care and services in our Residential and Case Management programs. Independently provides overall supervision/ development of all direct care staff members and immediate supervision to the Coordinator of Residential Services and the Supportive Living Program Manager while operating within PLACES culture of respect, dignity and compassion.
.Ability to work independently and with multiple levels of managers, clients, residents, and tenants
- Demonstrated credibility and trust established quickly within aligned process/program areas
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with ambiguity and multiple decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results – goal focused
- Ability to overcome obstacles, think through plans a/b/c, etc.
- Strategic planning – Big Picture
- Change Management – ability to help move a culture
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Positive attitude, willing to work for outcomes that benefit the business vs. person
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- People Management
- Initiative, Pro-active
- Analytical with the ability to make the complex simple
- Master’s degree in a human service field with PCC or LISW licensure through Ohio with supervisory endorsement
- Five years supervisory experience and seven years of direct service experience in mental health preferably with individuals who are severely persistently mentally ill
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and insured personal vehicle
- Proficient skills for using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of and experience with HUD and HEARTH Act
- Proven ability to manage diverse elements of complex projects/processes for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results – Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Proven strategic thinking/planning abilities – can see and create the big picture, with communications and influence to engage others for action