PLS Consulting is a nationally recognized Human Resource consulting firm. PLS has been selected for a number of 2013 leadership development projects that require an experienced Portland, Oregon based instructional designer specialist that will work on various leadership topics.
Typically PLS will issue work orders for each training program based on the content and contractor’s expertise. PLS uses its experiences with a contractor as the basis for any possible full time employment.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Design and develop leadership training materials including possible on-line pre-work materials, workbooks, post training coaching activities and facilitator training materials.
2. Creating instructional activities i.e. role play activities, simulations, case studies or similar in support of given leadership topics.
3. Develop positive relationships with and gain respect from the team and any stakeholders by demonstrating expertise, trust, enthusiasm, and strong work ethics.
4. Work with client teams to develop customized training for leadership or business operation applications.
5. Train and/or coach client trainers.
6. Teach client teams how to develop training (knowledge transfer).
7. Conduct training if necessary.
Experience - Required
1. Training and instructional design and development process.
2. Five years instructional design experience.
3. Experience as or working with an outside consultants.
4. Bachelor degree in areas such as Organizational Development, Business Administration, Education or similar.
Experience - Preferred
1. Experience in the energy or utility industries, manufacturing, technology or health care.
2. Experience in HRIS or e-learning systems/software.
3. Experience in developing leadership training content following a ADDIE approach.
4. Outside consulting experience with a well established firm.
5. Communication planning and execution.
Competencies - Required
1. Instructional design methodology (ADDIE preferred)
2. Classroom facilitation.
3. Demonstrated analytical skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage training projects to meet tight timelines and budgets.
5. Demonstrated high level of professionalism.
6. Ability to quickly learn new business models.
7. Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of personalities.
8. “Can do” attitude. Willing to pitch in and perform minor support tasks as requested by client and PLS.
9. Consulting savvy.