PMCS Services is an Austin based company and Prime vendor to State of Texas DIR IT staffing. We have a contracting opportunity with one of our client at Austin, TX.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
The City of Austin D/B/A Austin Energy requires the services of 2 DataPower Administrators hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of Developer Analyst 3, Core and the specifications outlined in this document for Austin Energy.
This person will focus on the DataPower appliances and the related Landscape to support business and operational pojects.
- This person will configure and supports the integration to Web service & Application server environments for development, test, production, and disaster recovery.
- Responsibilities include administration and configuration of the Datapower appliances and for the deployment of homegrown application code as well as 3rd party middleware program products.
- This person must be aware of WebSphere 7.x and 8.x. along with IHS.
- Experienced with the installation, configuration and customization of IBM Websphere program products.
- Knowledge and experience with the various security components such as websphere security, LDAP , SSL certificates and other third party security products.
- Able to review the performance monitoring of the respective environment, determine opportunities to refine the configuration of a component and determine new resource / capacity requirements.
- Responsibilities also include working with the application teams, other support team and product vendors to engineer solutions that are scalable, supportable and maintainable.
- The engineering of solutions also includes working with the technical disciplines to determine the appropriate infrastructure requirements to meet the business objective.
- The individual must have experience in supporting a 7x24 environment and being compliant within the guidelines and controls.
- The individual must be experienced in performing problem diagnostics to determine the root cause of an issue.
- Also should be able to determine a short term and long term approach to reduce future exposures.
- Should be familiar with the following hardware / OS platforms such as Linux (SUSE and RedHat), AIX, and Windows.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
4 Experience in IBM DataPower X150 and/or X152 appliances, to include problem
determination, administration, security and performance tuning.
4 Experience with the following WebSphere technology adapters: JMS, JDBC, Text, File, and
4 Proven experience in implementing complex integration solutions with high application
failover and high availability
Experienced in applying patches and performing upgrades on DataPower appliances.
4 Experience in SOA technologies (ESB, SCA, SDO, CBE), message transport technologies
(MQ, JMS, (S)FTP(S), HTTP(S), SSL), Web Services technologies (SOAP, WSDL, WS-*), data mapping and transformation technologies (XML, XSD, XSLT, XPATH), and data base technologies (JDBC, Oracle/SQL)
TERM OF SERVICE
- Immediately and Intend to extend into FY 2015
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
- 8 am to 5 pm – Monday through Friday with after hours and weekend support as needed.
- 2500 Montopolis Drive, Austin, TX 78741