PMCS Services is an Austin based company and Prime vendor to State of Texas DIR IT staffing. We have a contracting opportunity with one of our client at Austin, TX.
Essential duties and functions may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Windows administration of x86 hardware and software running on Dell and IBM Blade Centers platforms. Application responsibilities include VMWare virtualization and VSphere 5, Citrix thin client and application presentation, .net administration and NERC CIP compliance to including audit activity support and audit preparation.
Demonstrated experience with enterprise‐level virtualization strategy, design, implementation and maintenance using VMware vSpehere 5.x servers and clusters including vCenter, Site Recovery Manager(SRM) and vCloud Director.
- Proven skills with ESXi scripting and automation in support in server commissioning and maintenance
- Experience with capacity planning and monitoring within WMware infrastructure
- Proven history of incident response, diagnostic and advanced troubleshooting VMware skills
- Experience with LAN/WAN and TCP/IP as it related to WVware infrastructure
- Experience with EMC SAN storage and fiber channel fabrics preferred
- Demonstrated adaptability with multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Ability to provide on‐call to support 24x7x365 data center operations
- Strong results‐oriented work ethic and customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team‐oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently and mentor less experienced staff
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
Worker Skills and Qualifications (Required)
8 Experience specifically in IT/Sys Administration role in a production environment, providing expert lever support 24/7
8 Administration of WMware/ESX
8 Management of large compute and serving clusters and associated issues such as automation, configuration management, deployment, inventory, hardware troubleshooting, system troubleshooting,etc.
8 Experience with TCP/IP, firewall, networking protocols, blade hardware
4 Solid understanding of storage concepts and requirements e.g NFS, disk io bottlenecks, enterprise storage, fiber channel.
4 Microsoft Active Directory (2003/2008)
4 Experience with IT standards, best practices, ITIL and security
Preferred (Optional): insert specific preferred skills for this Contract Position)
2 SUSE Linux
2 Knowledge of systems used to support the business of an electric utility. They include: Mobile work management and mapping, utility network design
2 NERC CIP compliance experience