DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
As part of HHSC EA initiatives, the worker will perform the following activities to accomplish the following goals:
- Database administration services for large enterprise application development and production projects.
- Database administration for Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g.
- Develops and documents database standards, guidelines and processes as required.
- Work with application developers and report writers to design/implement/modify databases.
- Troubleshoot problems regarding the database, applications, and development tools.
- Assist in performance analysis and problem resolutions pertaining to databases.
- Determine, implement, and enhance standards on database security.
- Coordinate and support migration to new data management system software levels.
- Other activities, as required.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
7 Overall DBA experience
5 In-depth knowledge of Oracle internal views, shell & SQL scripting
5 Experience managing Oracle databases versions 10 & 11 on Solaris
3 Solid experience in managing Oracle versions 10 & 11 databases with Automated Storage Management (ASM), Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Data Guard
3 Experience developing tools to administer large numbers of test & development database environments
3 Carry 24x7 pager for supporting Production & Development database systems
2 Experience designing, installing & maintaining large size databases
2 Performance Tuning large size databases & applications
2 Thorough knowledge & working experience in setting up infrastructure for databases in datacenters at multiple sites.
1 Working experience in moving live production, dev & testing database & applications hosted in different physical sites.
1 Experience in implementing and maintaining Oracle Golden Gate software.
1 Experience in tuning Oracle databases using software such as Precise i3.
3 Experience with Texas Health & Human Services application systems
Strong Excellent oral and written communication skills