PMCS Services is an Austin based company and Prime vendor to State of Texas DIR IT staffing. We have a contracting opportunity with one of our client at Austin, TX.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
- Ability to multitask and perform in a high-paced/high-pressure environment
- Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas and support
- Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes.
- Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency.
- Creates and implements a communication plan.
- Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics.
- Designs and implements the components required for complex application features.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams.
- Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
- Documents risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers.
- Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities.
- Exercises management responsibility over the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts.
- Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework. functions, and monitors their performance.
- Generally manages a group of applications system analysts.
- Handles complex application features and technical designs.
- Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
- Manages scope.
- May require specific PC, workstation, operating system, application or platform skills.
- Negotiates resources.
- Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Professional certification is highly desirable.
- Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
- Self-directed and independent.
- Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor.
- Work independently or within a group as a strong team player
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
4 Experience in making critical decisions, to analyze complex information and develop plans to address identified issues, to demonstrate negotiation and facilitation skills, to identify project risk, to prepare reports and charts, to communicate effectively, and to coordinate the work of others.
4 Experience with project management monitoring and in the operations of computers and applicable software.
4 Experience with project management theories and practices applicable to projects of moderate scope; of systems and procedures used to evaluate a third-party vendor’s performance; and of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to the administration of the project undertaken.
2 Working knowledge of Office Professional Plus 2010 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
STRONG Data analytical skills.
STRONG Verbal and written communication skills (communicate with IT staff and different levels of the organization).
CERTIFICATION Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP).