PMI

PMI Employee Reviews

PMI Houston is a great career tool
Volunteer (Current) - Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
PMI Houston is a great career tool as is the national PMI organization. I enjoy the professional development courses they offer and also enjoy being one of their volunteers.
I love this place
Welder (Former Employee), Bloomer, WIMay 4, 2015
Unfortunately, they lack in getting work. Laid off at the moment and I just started 9 months ago.
People are friendly,
Management seams to care about the attitude of employees.
Office environment was uncommunicative, unless problems arose.
Administrative Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), Boaz, ALMarch 19, 2015
Pros: self-taught hrp; close to home
Cons: unable to afford health care due to no review/raise; office unsanitary; supervisor uncommicative
I worked 9+ hours a day, without breaks; I missed 3 days of work in 14 months, due to snow & ice; I worked through lunch, usually eating at my desk while working. After 14 months, I didn't receive a review or a raise. I did request a review/raise three times & was told "No", with no reason. The office consisted of myself and my supervisor, who rarely spoke to me, unless a problem arose, which I was expected to resolve.
The office had little heat due to a faulty central heating system, although I was provided with a small, portable heater that I kept close to my desk; small animals were/are in the crawl spaces above my head, where the tiles were apt to collapse at any time.
When I arrived at the office every morning, I would greet my supervisor, with no response. He rarely spoke to me, unless there was a problem or issue that he could not resolve.
job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Crestview, FLMarch 13, 2015
Management had issues. Always a problem at corporate office. Glad I worked at a satellite office and was out of the :drama". Loved meeting people and helping them with their needs.
Structured and opportunities
Coach, Trainer and Speaker (Current Employee), Lehi, UTMarch 10, 2015
Pros: opportunity for travel with good insurance
Cons: management is poor from vp. no breaks, no lunch and everything is recorded.
The company was recently sold but had the former management intact which was the problem. In my 5 year history with them they let a lot of people go and replaced them with others at a lower wage.

They constantly monitor everything. Because of their structure little or no breaks and lunch must be eaten at desk.

Opportunity for travel but very clicky.
this company no longer is there
Firewatch (Former Employee), Agency, MTMarch 4, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: boring work
firewatch and hole watch is extremely boring but the pay wasn't bad the work is to boring for very safety oriented though
Poor Management and Even Weaker on the Communications Front
Un-nammed (Former Employee), Homestead, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: small company
Cons: poor communication channels; no strategic plan; weak corporate leadership; single customer base;
Do your research before agreeing to transition to this company! Weak and inconsistent in information flow. Leadership is afraid to make decisions and seeks to micromanage operations from 1500 miles away. Three Departments in Corporate are not even consistent in the information that they provide to the sites.

They have been around awhile ... too long obviously to establish credible operational procedures and effective decision making processes. Sad because they could be a dominate company in this market.
real nice job
Factory Associate (Former Employee), Greenfield, INJanuary 19, 2015
worked in a factory ran many different machines would still be there if they didn't fave to down size
Productive and playing dominoes
tank cleaner (Current Employee), Golden Meadows, UTDecember 18, 2014
I learn how to clean tanks and learn as much as possibly can so i could be elgible to work on an offshore rig one day the hardest part of the day is when its slow and we dont have any work going on.A typical day we work 12 hrs a day.When we dont have a boat we either cleaning tools,weed eating the yard,and cleaning up trash
unsafe
Tank Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Morgan City, LASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: pay for your own lunch
Cons: two 15 min breaks and hour lunch
The first job I was sent me on was unsafe and unsanitary. The leaving quarters was very nasty and the food was even worst. I even called my supervisor to call transportion to pick me up and he wouldn't call so i ended up paying someone else 60 dollars.
Generally open.
Professional Development And Education (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Generally open. Good and professional organization withb quality communication and education.
your own boss
Product Manager (Former Employee), Nicholasville, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: little to no training
Great for a work/life balance. You are your own boss to get things finished and accomplished. Not very much training.
EMERGENCY CLEAN-UP FOR FEMA
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), DISASTER AREASJuly 31, 2014
VERY GOOD TO WORK FOR.
GREAT PAY AND ON TIME.
CLEAN UP EFFICIENTLY AND WAS WELL ORGANIZED AND STAFFED.
Sr. SQL Database Administrator (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAJuly 23, 2014
Bit over whelming at times. overall a good place to work. not sure what else I can say
Fun workplace in desperate need of management and an upward mobility plan.
Estimator (Former Employee), Palacios, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great people, nice atmosphere
Cons: healthcare, 401k, $, upward mobility, m raises, under compensated, over worked
The people who work here are great but underpaid and underappreciated by upper management. If you get a job here be sure and come in high and ask for all the bells and whistles up front. You will be expected to stay at your initial pay rate forever. I can say I learned quite a bit at this company as I was thrown to the wolves from day 1 and expected to learn everything on my own as a green estimator. The owners are involved in day to day activities and are very good people. Working at this company you will be asked to do more than is expected of your position than at any other company I have ever been with. Overall I enjoyed the opportunity but would not return unless pay drastically increases and upper management makes some major changes.
Not too happy at this job.
Material Coordinator (Former Employee), corpus christi TxJuly 13, 2014
Pros: stedy work and pay is good.
Cons: being replaced by a friend of the bosses from there home town.
Job is rushed at all ends. Friends and family of the super have the good pay jobs. Don't know if you will be replaced day to day. If they get good upper management, I would go back.
working with friendly people
foam line (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INJuly 10, 2014
Cons: pay wasn't good, if you didn't have enough seniority they would send you home.
put foam in a cup. how to operate the foamer. the people there were very nice.
Was not impressed with the culture
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 20, 2014
In my opinion this is a poorly managed company. My experience was not a positive one.
Not growing fast enough
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI) (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PAApril 22, 2014
Pros: medical and retirement benefits. good people.
Cons: very little change of advancement. unncessary beaucracy.
People are nice to work with and the opportunities for this company to go beyond it's limits are endless but the culture and conservative nature of senior leadership is it's own worst enemy. Some people have been with the company for many years but there has been very little advancement at the mid-level or higher positions. Overall, the experience has been positive as long as your with the right group of people working with you.
A challenging learning experience
Contract Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed the learning curve
Cons: not much work/life balance at that time
I joined PMI without any mortgage underwriting experience and there was no training provided. It was sink or swim. It was during a huge growth period in the mortgage industry which included ALT A products. I was put at a desk as an on-site contract underwriter and told to underwrite. I fortunately had experience in the mortgage industry and was self motivated. It was challenging but I learned a lot during that time and learned that I loved mortgage underwriting

1 2 3