Location: Austin, TX
About PNI Digital Media
PNI Digital Media Inc. provides transaction processing and order routing services to retailers, Internet portals, Websites, and telecommunication service providers. It operates PNI Digital Media Platform that connects consumer-ordered digital content, whether from online, in-store kiosks, desktop software, or mobile phones, with retailers that have on-demand manufacturing capabilities for the production of personalized products, including photo prints; gifting products, such as photo books and photo calendars; and non-photographic based products comprising business cards and stationery.
PNI Digital Media is looking for an experienced Senior QA to join our Austin development team within PNI. As a Senior QA Analyst, you will serve as a quality assurance resource to monitor and evaluate the quality of deliverables for the solutions to ensure they meet the client requirements using PNI’s practices and standards.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Experience with testing web applications or web services a must; experience with retail web sites a definite bonus.
- Read, understand and follow test scripts. Must be able to help put together meaningful and complete test scripts based upon software flows and Test Plans. Must be able to maintain and update scripts for evolution cycle of the product.
- Take direction and then be able to work independently testing a product for flaws and digging into a problem until a reproducible set of steps for the root cause of a problem can be documented and handed off to development for fixing.
- Capable of handling the test process from planning through implementation for projects, leveraging and leading team members where necessary.
- Must be able to take problems found during QA process, analyze to determine target party for issue resolution and then facilitate investigation and solution with development and PM teams.
- Understanding of test automation tools and some experience with test automation implementation.
- Create reports and analysis of testing progress and results.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent reasoning, analysis and problem solving skills and the ability to document ideas clearly and concisely
- Positive and upbeat attitude
Education and Experience
- University degree or technical diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years software testing experience
- Experience in testing Internet-based applications. Familiar with .NET based websites.
- Understanding of Software Configuration Management processes and activities.
- Experience using test automation tools and preparing automation scripts.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing software quality metrics.
- Complete knowledge of testing methods
- Understanding of Web Services an asset.
- MS SQL Server knowledge and testing experience an asset.
PNI is one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2015.
If you're interested in writing REAL code that people actually use, have a wide...