This position is located within the FOH Center for Health Communications in Bethesda, MD. As part of the Communications team, the candidate will support the FOH web redesign project, and work closely with the Program Manager, technical staff, as well as non-technical staff. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented and possess exceptional communication and organizational skills. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical for this position as is the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks. Individual must work well in a team and have a desire to excel and increase knowledge.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Providing feedback on creative concepts, as it relates to technical feasibility
- Provide solutions in line with approved design specifications
- Develop prototypes to help with selection of solution options.
- Contribute to the focus and direction of technology strategy
- Create and edit style sheets
- Participate in internal and external production reviews.
- Provide appropriate feedback on the status of project work or problem resolution.
- Analyze software problems and provide solutions to those problems.
- Keep open and continuous communications with project managers and other members of the team regarding workload and project challenges
- All personnel are expected to maintain current and high level of technical skill in field of expertise
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum five years' experience wiht the following programming languages/technologies/frameworks
- PHP 5 with OOP
- Drupal 7
- HTML (3 year of experience)
- CSS (3 years of experience)
- Experience in building web sites using the Drupal framework and developing custom Modules/Themes.
- Experience in Implementing/Customizing Video and Calendar modules
- Experience in integrating external API’s Video conference and e-learning plug-ins
- Extensive experience implementing/configuring Drupal core and contributed modules (Actions, Triggers, Dynamic Views, Content Types, Panels, Context, Fields, Taxonomy, Library etc), the various APIs and hooks (cache, node, etc), and Drush.
- Experience blogging, social network/media or ecommerce systems with Drupal
- Extensive implementation experience in search engines Google mini and Solr and working experience with data visualization and mapping technologies like Google Maps, Google API, MapBox and other relevant tools and technologies
- Experienced in deploying a Drupal project across multiple environments (Dev - > Testing- >Stage - > Prod, etc.) using Subversion/SVN or Git.
- Demonstrated understanding of web standards and best practices
- Sound knowledge of Varnish & Memcached
- Strong knowledge in Mysql Database
- Proficiency in a variety of design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver - Rapid prototyping skills
- B.A. or B.S. in IT or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Some federal government agency experience
- Mobile Development Knowledge
- Demonstrate valuable contribution to the Drupal community
- Sound knowledge in web usability analysis and industry best practices
- Exposure to Eclipse, PDF, JMS, , Linux, and VMWare
- Creativity and flexibility, high energy, and strong work ethic
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced certifications preferred
- Must be able to pass Level-5 (Public Trust) security requirements (background check)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen, and will be subject to any post-accident and/or reasonable suspicion testing throughout employment
- EAD, Green card holders, and US Citizens
Physical Demands (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds
- Employee will sit for several hours each day but will also need mobility and ability to stand, type, and walk for periods of time
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The noise level in the environment is moderate
- The environment is a typical office setting
How to Apply
To apply visit www.powtec.com, to submit resume and cover letter including salary requirements.
POWTEC has administered, and will continue to administer, all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, sponsored training, educational tuition assistance, and social and recreation programs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or marital status, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.