PR Newswire Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2016
•Provided phone support, in-house computer support, scheduling, data entry, mailing lists.
•Oversaw inventory, mailings, office supplies, and employee records.
•Assisted HR department by reviewing 100+ resumes of possible candidates for job openings, as well as preparing new hire portfolios.
•Composed letters and memos for the HR department, Office Services Manager and Intercommunication department.
Pros
Work with great people
Cons
N/A
Great place to work!
Product Advocate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2017
This was one of my best jobs I have ever had. This is how a company should be organized. They have vision of the future as well as the fostering the growth of their employees.
Pros
Great environment Great culture
Cons
I really do not have anything negative to say.
Good place to be
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 5, 2016
As an operator, the staff that I worked with were great. The other departments were also good to work. Able to learn new technologies and the potential for advancement was prevalent.
Pros
Staff, ability for movement
Cons
No in house kitchen to go to.
Very Nice place.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 11, 2016
I really loved there . it was a very nice place to work for. very quiet environment and very good place to gain an experience
Office is very Clique-y
Media Relations Associate (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 24, 2016
I've been here for almost a year, and only 3 people actually know my name, and one of them is the woman who hired me. The pay is also quite pathetic for the work I do. I'm under contract but the project I feel is deserving of at least a competitive salary and benefits.
Pros
strict 8 hour days, I come in at 8 and I'm out by 4
Cons
office is very clique-y no one talks to me
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 27, 2016
Setting up computers and routers/switches.
Learned about IT education system.
Bad management.
Great coworkers.
the best part was that they took us places.
No hard work or any problems.
It paid the bills.
Customer Acquisition Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 24, 2016
Too much coddling and not enough challenge. Too much time was spent on hypothetical trainings and not enough information.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Micromanaged
Great Culture, Low Pay for Area
CCS/ Social Media Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2016
PR Newswire serves as a great opportunity for recent college graduates looking for experience, but the pay and room for advancement are seriously lacking.
Pros
Fun Environment, Good Benefits
Cons
Low Salary, Slow Growth
Well paying career for Albuquerque
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 19, 2015
PR Newswire is a great opportunity for communication professionals in the Albuquerque area. The pay and benefits are great, and the office culture in Albuquerque (specifically) is incredible.

The sales management's policies are rough, if not borderline insane. Every year, you will work harder for significantly less money. If you're not ok with that, don't bother applying. The morale fluctuates based on the season, with the new year always being low, as they don't release sales goals for the year until March or April -- with the expectation that you will hit the goal in January and February without knowing what it is... The technology is antiquated, and most of the issues arise around billing, with no solution to fix these dated issues.
Pros
Generous vacation time, benefits, pay, incredible employees, great management in Albuquerque
Cons
upper management disconnected from reality, illogical policy implementation, mixed messaging
my eclectic role
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
Working at A+E Networks has allowed me to take on a myriad of different roles every day, if not every hour. I am the department’s operational strategist by morning, the treasurer analyzing budgets over lunch and the internal communications and relationships builder by evening.
Typesetting Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
A typical day consisted of fulfilling Graphic Design requirements as needed, for major publicly traded corporations seeking to file of financial documents with the SEC .

Software requirements included Xyvision Parlance Publisher (XPP); Illustrator; Excel; Microsoft Word; Photoshop; Math Type.

Co-workers were generally very helpful and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was keeping abreast of the large quantity of varied jobs, each with their unique characteristics that had to be solved rapidly, before filing deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly learning new cutting edge techniques that increased speed and efficiency.
A great place with great people
Senior Editor/Customer Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2015
I work with the greatest group of people who work hard to be perfect for the company and for our clients.

We answer phones, assist clients with questions and process content.

We try to exceed our client's expectations in service and ROI.

I have never had a manager I didn't like. I appreciate that all the offices in the country work together to help each team member succeed.
Pros
The people, the training, working in CLE
Cons
This can be a stressful job.
Good entry level job, but...
Customer Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 22, 2015
As an editor, you do more sales and pitching than you would think. It's kind of annoying since that is not made clear in the job description. Good pay, but not worth the stress really. Co workers are cordial, but cliquey. I am trying to find a new place of work ASAP.
Pros
nice schedule, benefits, pay
Cons
sales pitching, annoying managers, errors are everything, boring
Not a pleasant experience.
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2013
Worked with this company for 5 years. Has to rank at the top as one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. No upward mobility, a lousy work environment and a managerial staff that was semi-professional at most. Not a good learning environment. Co-workers were insecure because the company would fire people regularly. Place was run like a sweat shop on all three shifts. Wouldn't recommend working there unless you absolutely have no options.
Pros
located in midtown manhattan at that time.
Cons
not a good company to work for.
Editor, Global Operations
Editor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 25, 2012
PR Newswire was my first job out of college and a great organization to work for. I worked my way through PR Newswire as a Fax Operator, Assistant Editor and then Editor. I proofread, edited and formatted press releases domestically and internationally through electronic delivery to the mass media, financial community and general public in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment. I also ran the Assignment Desk and cultivated a competitive sales contest in order to boost editorial sales.
Productive, exciting work environment.
EDITORIAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2013
I liked that this job was challenging and fast paced. I enjoyed being a problem solver for my clients as well as my staff and that at the end of the day I could leave work without taking it home with me.

My coworkers worked as a team and assisted one another regularly. The work environment was great and we continually created team-building opportunities and activities to keep everyone engaged and motivated.

Pros
Performance bonuses and group outings
Cons
None to think of at this time.
Sales at PR Newswire
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveleand, OhJune 11, 2013
Worked several years with PR Newswire and I feel they are an overall pretty good organization. Good place to start your career after college. Good opportunities to learn the industry and meet with a large variety of clients. Great opportunities to learn from your colleagues and create life long friends and colleagues.

Not a lot of opportunity to grow & advance and the organization/management have known this for years. Have not changed or created a clear career path for employees.
Pros
good healthcare coverage and benefits, vacation time
Cons
low pay, poor commission plans, no set career path
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Editor/Customer Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 14, 2013
PR Newswire is a great starter position for any major. The only thing required to obtain the position is a bachelors degree. The people are very open and fluid. The work is easy for the most part. Sometimes it's a stressful situation, like any journalism based profession. This position however does not have much room for advancement.
Pros
high pay, easy day-to-day, great coworkers, laid back staff
Cons
no room for advancement, high turn around, low expectations of job security, too much focus on numbers and stats
Fun place to work with good benefits but unpredictable pay
Inside Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 4, 2013
- I work with clients daily to help them meet their communication goals.
- I have learned about conceptual selling ( Miller Heiman) and PR/Marketing tactics
- Management is straight forward and willing to listen to employees concerns and ideas.
- My co-workers are great. This is a fun place to work.
- The hardest part of my job is dealing with client issues that arise due to corporate disorganization. Mainly billing issues.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about my clients and how I can help them meet their communication goals either via sales or PR counseling.
Pros
fun place to work, a lot of vacation time
Cons
commission cuts every year even though my goals get increased
Highly engaged, respected, and influential organization!
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2013
PR Newswire has an incredible reputation for serving as a liaison for business news. The priority for the organization was to support clients with stakeholder communication efforts around financial reporting, product roll-outs, and crisis response.
Pros
Always part of ground breaking news!
Cons
Limited opportunities for career progression.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PR Newswire. Our community is ready to answer.