PR Newswire Employee Reviews in United States

Well paying career for Albuquerque
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 19, 2015
PR Newswire is a great opportunity for communication professionals in the Albuquerque area. The pay and benefits are great, and the office culture in Albuquerque (specifically) is incredible.

The sales management's policies are rough, if not borderline insane. Every year, you will work harder for significantly less money. If you're not ok with that, don't bother applying. The morale fluctuates based on the season, with the new year always being low, as they don't release sales goals for the year until March or April -- with the expectation that you will hit the goal in January and February without knowing what it is... The technology is antiquated, and most of the issues arise around billing, with no solution to fix these dated issues.
Pros
Generous vacation time, benefits, pay, incredible employees, great management in Albuquerque
Cons
upper management disconnected from reality, illogical policy implementation, mixed messaging
Office is very Clique-y
Media Relations Associate (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 24, 2016
I've been here for almost a year, and only 3 people actually know my name, and one of them is the woman who hired me. The pay is also quite pathetic for the work I do. I'm under contract but the project I feel is deserving of at least a competitive salary and benefits.
Pros
strict 8 hour days, I come in at 8 and I'm out by 4
Cons
office is very clique-y no one talks to me
Great Culture, Low Pay for Area
CCS/ Social Media Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2016
PR Newswire serves as a great opportunity for recent college graduates looking for experience, but the pay and room for advancement are seriously lacking.
Pros
Fun Environment, Good Benefits
Cons
Low Salary, Slow Growth
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 27, 2016
Setting up computers and routers/switches.
Learned about IT education system.
Bad management.
Great coworkers.
the best part was that they took us places.
No hard work or any problems.
It paid the bills.
Customer Acquisition Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 24, 2016
Too much coddling and not enough challenge. Too much time was spent on hypothetical trainings and not enough information.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Micromanaged
Good entry level job, but...
Customer Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 22, 2015
As an editor, you do more sales and pitching than you would think. It's kind of annoying since that is not made clear in the job description. Good pay, but not worth the stress really. Co workers are cordial, but cliquey. I am trying to find a new place of work ASAP.
Pros
nice schedule, benefits, pay
Cons
sales pitching, annoying managers, errors are everything, boring
Sales at PR Newswire
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveleand, OhJune 11, 2013
Worked several years with PR Newswire and I feel they are an overall pretty good organization. Good place to start your career after college. Good opportunities to learn the industry and meet with a large variety of clients. Great opportunities to learn from your colleagues and create life long friends and colleagues.

Not a lot of opportunity to grow & advance and the organization/management have known this for years. Have not changed or created a clear career path for employees.
Pros
good healthcare coverage and benefits, vacation time
Cons
low pay, poor commission plans, no set career path
Fast-paced global newswire company on the cutting edge of best practices & technology.
Overnight Global Desk Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2013
This global newswire was an amazing place to work. As an Editor, I was coached & uplifted at every step of my career there, even during very high-stress moments during corporate earnings periods (PRN is a stock disclosure point, so quarterly earnings times were frantic). The overnight shift helped hone my skills to work independently, especially with very reduced staff resources (500+ people there during the day; three at night!). As for compensation, overtime & additional shift work were always available; the bonuses were generous; & the salary increases were exceptional. After having to leave this job due to a relocation elsewhere, I've remained in contact with my colleagues at PRN & everyone has proved to be top-notch professionals in every avenue they've chosen. I highly recommend PRN!
Pros
great compensation structure & bonuses, an insider view of all world news, cutting-edge technology & best practices
Cons
long shifts (overnight was 10+ hours per night, four nights on & four nights off), but otherwise, i feel there were few cons.
Great co-workers
Senior Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 22, 2014
Very pleasant atmosphere and working conditions, great co-workers. Management in various departments, is weak and can benefit from better management training, too much micro-managing.
Pros
very united group of co-workers, charitable, pleasant atmosphere
Cons
poor management, heavy workload with no overtime compensation.
Good Work Culture, Good learning opportunities
Information Security Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 13, 2015
Perfect place to start your career
lot of learning opportunities
Very good balance
Management is a little slow, but they do take care of you.
my eclectic role
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
Working at A+E Networks has allowed me to take on a myriad of different roles every day, if not every hour. I am the department’s operational strategist by morning, the treasurer analyzing budgets over lunch and the internal communications and relationships builder by evening.
Typesetting Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
A typical day consisted of fulfilling Graphic Design requirements as needed, for major publicly traded corporations seeking to file of financial documents with the SEC .

Software requirements included Xyvision Parlance Publisher (XPP); Illustrator; Excel; Microsoft Word; Photoshop; Math Type.

Co-workers were generally very helpful and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was keeping abreast of the large quantity of varied jobs, each with their unique characteristics that had to be solved rapidly, before filing deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly learning new cutting edge techniques that increased speed and efficiency.
Good benefits, often boring work, stress, limited advancement potential
Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OHMay 5, 2014
It's a decent job for a new grad with a liberal arts degree. The pay is on the low side but the benefits are strong. Good place for entry-level exposure to media/PR/corporate communications, but probably not a good place to work long term.
benefits
Cons
stress, repetitive work
Stressful, micromanagement, must drink the Kool-aid
Sales (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 3, 2015
I do not recommend this company. Outside the box thinking is strictly prohibited. Senior management is disrespectful and unsupportive.
A great place with great people
Senior Editor/Customer Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2015
I work with the greatest group of people who work hard to be perfect for the company and for our clients.

We answer phones, assist clients with questions and process content.

We try to exceed our client's expectations in service and ROI.

I have never had a manager I didn't like. I appreciate that all the offices in the country work together to help each team member succeed.
Pros
the people, the training, working in cle
Cons
this can be a stressful job.
Great Place to work at.
XBRL Associate/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2015
Very fun place to work, good management and a conformable work environment. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment.
Senior System Engineer.
Windows System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 17, 2013
PRNewswire is a good place to work if you plan on staying there for years. If you are some one who wants to continue to learn and progress and have a company invest in you and your ideas then this is not the place for you. Our team is the A-Team when it comes to keeping it a float...we are the go to guys. A typical day of work consist of many projects in which third parties cannot provide or lack interest in. The Team Manager is firm and fair but there are just to many executives, managers of mangers of mangers, and not many hands on people to row the boat. The hardest part of the job is knowing that we need better hands on personal, equipment, software, and investments that will allow us to be innovative...when we do receive approval for this its usually after the fact when something crashed or has broken. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to lead projects and take ownership. The people you meet that seem to be cool but then leave the company.
Pros
longevity, job security, comfortable, many projects, multiple technical environments
Cons
no training, no travel, management, too many managers and not enough workers
Fun place to work with good benefits but unpredictable pay
Inside Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 4, 2013
- I work with clients daily to help them meet their communication goals.
- I have learned about conceptual selling ( Miller Heiman) and PR/Marketing tactics
- Management is straight forward and willing to listen to employees concerns and ideas.
- My co-workers are great. This is a fun place to work.
- The hardest part of my job is dealing with client issues that arise due to corporate disorganization. Mainly billing issues.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about my clients and how I can help them meet their communication goals either via sales or PR counseling.
Pros
fun place to work, a lot of vacation time
Cons
commission cuts every year even though my goals get increased
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Editor/Customer Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 14, 2013
PR Newswire is a great starter position for any major. The only thing required to obtain the position is a bachelors degree. The people are very open and fluid. The work is easy for the most part. Sometimes it's a stressful situation, like any journalism based profession. This position however does not have much room for advancement.
Pros
high pay, easy day-to-day, great coworkers, laid back staff
Cons
no room for advancement, high turn around, low expectations of job security, too much focus on numbers and stats
Stressful, humiliating experience
Editor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 12, 2013
I don't know where to start ... This was the worst job experience ever. As someone below posted, this is a call center-- not an editorial environment. You get timed on how quickly you deal with clients and if you mess anything up, you're tagged with an error and everyone knows about it. I can't speak for all managers, but mine was nothing short of heinous. This person took personal pride out of humiliating others and playing kindergarten games via email to teach "lessons." This 8th grader of a manager played major favorites and the person above her found it acceptable. I should have gone to HR, but didn't want to make it worse for myself.

I became physically sick from this work experience. I developed stress-related eczema and lost about 10 lbs. I didn't last a year there and don't understand how anyone could, really.
Pros
free soda and juice
Cons
can't use cellphone, stressful, mean people