PR Newswire Employee Reviews

Pros and Cons
Associate Customer Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 15, 2017
Answer phones and data entry. Copy editing.
I've learned more about copy editing.
Management does less than the rest of the staff.
Workplace culture tries to make people excited about what we are doing but rarely lasts.
Hardest part of the job is the clients and the hours.
Most enjoyable is the benefits.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Pay, management, lack of advancement.
Family Oriented
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 14, 2017
PR Newswire offers great pay as well as sufficient time off. They are very much family oriented and laid back. It is a casual work environment with professional and exceptional colleagues.
Pros
Free Pepsi products and coffee
Cons
Healthcare
Wonderful Team of Passionate People
Photo Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
This job was hands down a creative, competitive and detailed job that provided our team with access to growth and development. We were like family and we all worked hard to produce stellar results for our clients.
Pros
Bonuses, Benefits, Travel
Great company but there is stress involved
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 14, 2017
It's a great environment and there's a lot of communication between the teams. You still have to be able to work without much assistance and really mange many tasks at once. This is a stressful job because of the number of press release you have to proofread an format. Earnings every quarter is always the busiest time but there's usually a celebration after earning period is done. There's room to advance and plenty of opportunities for training and earning certificates.
Pros
Flexible breaks, good environment, benefits
Cons
It can get stressful
I liked work there.
Associate Customer Content Specialist - Editorial (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 17, 2017
This is a great place to work. No complains on my end. This position requires a willingness to constantly learn new things and a strong grasp of AP style.
Great Company
Bureau and Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2017
Always providing added value for their customers. They continue to lead the industry and provide a great value to their clients. They need to diversify in their offerings.
Great place to start your career!
Customer Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2017
•A typical day at work: 8 hr. work days with 1 hr. lunches and (2) 15 minute breaks. Provide customer support by answering phone calls/live chats/emails.
•What you learned: Sales and customer support.
•Management: GREAT! Very open to advancing your career and meeting KPIs.
•Workplace culture: Employees are awesome! It's a team setting and there's almost always team potlucks, outings, meetings, etc.
Pros
great management, generous PTO, benefits, Potlucks
Cons
nothing
Great place to work!
Product Advocate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2017
This was one of my best jobs I have ever had. This is how a company should be organized. They have vision of the future as well as the fostering the growth of their employees.
Pros
Great environment Great culture
Cons
I really do not have anything negative to say.
Customer support role
Customer Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2016
This is a customer focused role. I do not wish to provide an intense description. Phones, emails, live chats etc. A bit ridiculous that this is required. Thanks, indeed, for forcing me to create this answer.
Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2016
•Provided phone support, in-house computer support, scheduling, data entry, mailing lists.
•Oversaw inventory, mailings, office supplies, and employee records.
•Assisted HR department by reviewing 100+ resumes of possible candidates for job openings, as well as preparing new hire portfolios.
•Composed letters and memos for the HR department, Office Services Manager and Intercommunication department.
Pros
Work with great people
Cons
N/a
Very Nice place.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 11, 2016
I really loved there . it was a very nice place to work for. very quiet environment and very good place to gain an experience
Good place to be
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 5, 2016
As an operator, the staff that I worked with were great. The other departments were also good to work. Able to learn new technologies and the potential for advancement was prevalent.
Pros
Staff, ability for movement
Cons
No in house kitchen to go to.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 27, 2016
Setting up computers and routers/switches.
Learned about IT education system.
Bad management.
Great coworkers.
the best part was that they took us places.
No hard work or any problems.
It paid the bills.
Customer Acquisition Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 24, 2016
Too much coddling and not enough challenge. Too much time was spent on hypothetical trainings and not enough information.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Micromanaged
Great Culture, Low Pay for Area
CCS/ Social Media Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2016
PR Newswire serves as a great opportunity for recent college graduates looking for experience, but the pay and room for advancement are seriously lacking.
Pros
Fun Environment, Good Benefits
Cons
Low Salary, Slow Growth
Office is very Clique-y
Media Relations Associate (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 24, 2016
I've been here for almost a year, and only 3 people actually know my name, and one of them is the woman who hired me. The pay is also quite pathetic for the work I do. I'm under contract but the project I feel is deserving of at least a competitive salary and benefits.
Pros
strict 8 hour days, I come in at 8 and I'm out by 4
Cons
office is very clique-y no one talks to me
Well paying career for Albuquerque
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 19, 2015
PR Newswire is a great opportunity for communication professionals in the Albuquerque area. The pay and benefits are great, and the office culture in Albuquerque (specifically) is incredible.

The sales management's policies are rough, if not borderline insane. Every year, you will work harder for significantly less money. If you're not ok with that, don't bother applying. The morale fluctuates based on the season, with the new year always being low, as they don't release sales goals for the year until March or April -- with the expectation that you will hit the goal in January and February without knowing what it is... The technology is antiquated, and most of the issues arise around billing, with no solution to fix these dated issues.
Pros
Generous vacation time, benefits, pay, incredible employees, great management in Albuquerque
Cons
upper management disconnected from reality, illogical policy implementation, mixed messaging
my eclectic role
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
Working at A+E Networks has allowed me to take on a myriad of different roles every day, if not every hour. I am the department’s operational strategist by morning, the treasurer analyzing budgets over lunch and the internal communications and relationships builder by evening.
Stressful, micromanagement, must drink the Kool-aid
Sales (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 3, 2015
I do not recommend this company. Outside the box thinking is strictly prohibited. Senior management is disrespectful and unsupportive.
Typesetting Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
A typical day consisted of fulfilling Graphic Design requirements as needed, for major publicly traded corporations seeking to file of financial documents with the SEC .

Software requirements included Xyvision Parlance Publisher (XPP); Illustrator; Excel; Microsoft Word; Photoshop; Math Type.

Co-workers were generally very helpful and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was keeping abreast of the large quantity of varied jobs, each with their unique characteristics that had to be solved rapidly, before filing deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly learning new cutting edge techniques that increased speed and efficiency.