IT Systems Lead
Instructions to Candidates
You must have experience in web design, database administration, and IT project management.
Your resume should clearly address how your skills, qualifications, and experience align with the job posting.
You must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
If you do not currently live in the Anchorage, Alaska area, understand that you would be expected to report to work no later than 3 weeks after accepting an offer and successfully passing a drug test and background check.
The IT Systems Lead position is responsible for managing IT support and systems for the PRL Logistics, Inc. The company consists of 100 employees. The IT infrastructure includes a combination of windows and Apples computers and software, servers, and a combination of commercial and proprietary software. This position is responsible for hardware, software, networks and communication equipment. IT project management and subcontracting experience is helpful.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- 2 years of documented IT management experience
- 2 years of contract management experience
- 1 year of web design and maintenance experience
- 1 year of database administration experience
- Proven IT project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven record of proactive problem solving skills
- Must obtain a negative drug result on required drug screening.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Computer science degree
- Experience in sequel server database design, maintenance, and administration
High School or GED
Position Type, Schedule and Location
This position is an exempt, Anchorage based, Monday-Friday position. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Responsibilities and Duties
Internal Proprietary Logistics Systems (NOMAD)
- Maintain existing system by performing database administration, analyzing issues, and working with design team to resolve/improve functionality
- Develop a strategy, systems requirement document, estimate, and business case for an enhanced or future logistics technology system
- Work with the technical team to define the business processes and IT tools to provide data logging and reports needed to support project and client needs
- Develop and execute method for quality checking and correcting data
- Provide desk top support for Operations personnel and Clients using the system
- Communicate issues and required enhancement to developers
Coordinate GPS support on key shipments
- Manage inventory of GPS units to support key shipment tracking
- Align unit capabilities with requirements
- Ensure GPS units operate with the frequency needed to support shipment tracking
Source/design and build web based data collection and flow systems to support dynamic client reporting requirements.
- Design/source web based Systems to meet client reporting requirements.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures for internal staff to follow for data collection and reporting
- Monitor deployed system Quality Assurance.
- Provide continual assessment of IT systems ability to meet both client reporting needs as well as staff data processing needs.
Provide Desktop Support for project personnel
- Ad-hoc support for office personnel.
- Ongoing support for field personnel.
Manage IT & Systems Contractors for
- NOMAD (Proprietary Logistics Information System)
- IP Telephone
- IT Management
- Reporting Systems
Coordinate Internal Corporate IT Systems
- Manage IT Support Contracts, provide guidance to company on systems requirements, coordinate with procurement in development of contracts and purchase orders.
- Provide hands on support for network as needed.
Computer & Communications Hardware and Software
- Manage the sourcing and acquisition of computers, printers, scanners, copiers, and communication hardware and software need to support office and remote field location.
- Manage software upgrades and acquisitions as needed to optimize business and operations performance.
Salary is based on experience and qualifications.