Loadmaster (North Slope)
- One year of prior employment on the North Slope or at remote sites
- Formal training and one year of field experience in helicopter external lift, winch and cargo operations.
- Full knowledge of applicable FAA regulations.
- CDL and/or loader operation experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with others.
- Desire to be part of a team.
These requirements are considered minimum experience levels and do not guarantee a candidate will be considered for employment. Each candidate’s resume will be reviewed to determine if the candidate possesses the appropriate experience level before being considered for employment.
Primary responsibility is to receive, weigh, stage, secure, and ensure proper documentation for cargo and baggage. Duties include receiving freight and providing assistance in securing aircraft for unloading/loading, assisting the flight crew in unloading/loading the aircraft and ensuring IATA DG compliance and safety; may be asked to assist in equipment inspection and upkeep.
This position works closely with Dispatch, the Helideck Attendant and the flight crew to pre-plan, stage, and load cargo.
Perform other duties as directed by the Aviation Operations Manager or as required.
The loadmaster will be regularly exposed to all types of weather conditions with a seasonal range of temperatures which include rain, snow, wind and extreme temperatures. Arctic weather gear is provided. Noise levels on the helideck will require the use of hearing protection and additional PPE, which will be provided.