Highly Reputable Fortune 1000 Manufacturing Company in Melrose Park, IL has an immediate contract to hire opening for a Human Resources Assistant.
The HR Assistant will provide administrative support to the HR Manager, HR Generalist and the rest of the department with an emphasis on recruiting, documentation, employee relations, compliance and organization of confidential documents.
- Will be involved with every aspect of the recruiting process including placing ads for open positions, coordinating interviews with candidates, verifying references, creating and sending correspondence to candidates, interviewing candidates and coordinating drug and background checks for candidates
- Responsible for new employee orientations
- Enter information and paperwork into the SAP System to ensure that all transactions relating to employment and benefits are organized within the HR Database
- Directly answer employee questions regarding company policies, benefits, etc.
- Prepare and submit documents including COBRA, Unemployment, IDES, State Department reporting, EEO reporting, etc.
- Participates in salary reviews
- Create and distribute company notifications to the employees
- Practices discretion in dealing with sensitive, confidential documents, relations and issues including employee relations, organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files
- Regularly update documentation in employee files for hourly and salaried individuals in multiple locations
- Maintain Equal Opportunity records and Applicant detail log for several locations
- Perform a variety of administrative and HR support activities and duties to include filing, answering the phone, screening incoming calls, processing HR related invoices for payment, putting new employee orientation packets together, etc
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ Human Resource Administrative experience within a manufacturing organization required
- Knowledge of basic Employment Law - FMLA, ADA, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; employee orientation / presentation experience is preferred
- Strong interest and involvement in human resources associations, affiliations, etc
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines and deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, outstanding attention to detail
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experience a plus
- Associates or Bachelors’ Degree preferred - High School diploma required
Must pass a drug and background check