PT Gaming Employee Reviews

an ok place to work
Banker (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 10, 2017
i joined Pt Gaming while i was attending to school. it was a great job but the schedules i work was at night. i couldn't continue with my education that's why i stop working for them. Also it was not by first choice to work in the Casino firm. i did not enjoyed a lot. but i worked for 4 years.
Loved it!
Third Party Proposition Player (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 5, 2017
I really loved working for PT Gaming and was sad to go. The pay is really good for the little amount of work that you do each day. Probably the least amount of labor I've done in any job, and as long as you can count to 21 repeatedly for 8 hours, you're solid. Just have to have a positive attitude and be able to follow compliance without being told to.

The only negative I saw in the 3 months I worked for them was that some of the coworkers were very immature--NOT the type of characters who follow compliance on their own. Plenty of people talk too much to the customers, say nasty things in 2nd languages that they don't think anyone else understands, or are just straight-up inappropriate (like talking about intimate encounters in the break room). Just wish management was more on top of this because it's hard to maintain a professional demeanor when your cohorts are not being professional.
Pros
Good pay, sometimes free lunches, awesome managers
Cons
Immature coworkers, smoking if at San Pablo
Sit at a card table and count money in a California Card Room
3rd Party Proposition Player (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 19, 2017
A typical day would consist of coming in and having a pep-meeting for the day before our tables are assigned. Then sitting at the table and counting the cash making sure its paid correctly with what the payouts are specified so its a lot of multiplication and addition but after awhile you learn shortcuts. After 2 hours you are given a 10 minute break which strictly had to be 10 min, as in you had to be off the table and back to it within 10 min which was a pain cause walking took a while and it cut into the time of rest. after 4 hours is a lunch break but sometime it wouldnt come until 4 hours and 55 minutes because of scheduling conflicts. and after 6 hours is another 10 minute break and 8 is the end of the day. The hardest part was working a graveyard shift. so I had a rough time adjusting to sleeping during the day and working at night as well as not being able to hang out with friends because I couldn't mess up my sleep schedule. Management during the night was more loose with rules and the morning management was really strict so I got in trouble a lot when the morning crew came in. The most enjoyable part was watching people win a ton of money, it was essentially a casino but classified under a California Card Room so it was legal and enjoyable every once in a while.
Pros
Seeing the joy on people's faces when they win
Cons
The enormous ammount of losses, short break times, terrible management, lack of structure.
Good pay
corporation (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 4, 2017
Graveyard shift was tough very difficult to adjust too not a lot of lee way if you wanted to change.There was a lot of overtime and it was mandatory so it became tiring very fast.
good company good pay good benefits
Bank Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMarch 25, 2017
everthing is good from management up to the associates..the only thing is hard is the schedule..No Permanent schedule thats why bankers come and go easily.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Dont do it
Third Party Proposition Player (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 16, 2017
Its not worth it. Its a fun job that pays decent and the benefits are great which is what made me stay however the management is complete bs. Especially the senior manager Pao! Very UNprofessional company to work for
Pros
Benefits, the players you meet
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE! From casino management to hr in so cal
Quality Employers, Draining Lifestyle
Third Party Proposition Player (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Working in a casino isn't quite exactly my choice of work, but it's something that will provide for you if you need full time work with plenty of hours and job security.
You sit at a card table for 10-12 hours, watching the game play out, ensuring legitimacy from both the casino's dealers and the customers. The job gets slow and mind numbing, but if you have no problem with a low-effort office job,you should be content. Although, to be mentioned, casino patrons enjoy getting rowdy.

The pay is reasonable, you really don't do much at all and the staff was friendly and accommodating.
Pros
Long hours, quality benefits, easy work
Cons
Often slow paced, sleep comes naturally sitting there for extended periods of time, and loud, stressful environment
Fun place to work
Third Party Propositional Player/Banker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Pay is nice and everynight is a possible adventure. The supervisors are usually cool and righteous in what they do, and also they have health benefits and employee appreciation things on certain days of the year.
Productive, good company
Third Party Proposition Player/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 31, 2017
I really enjoy working for PT Gaming, I think they are a good company that has been nothing but good to me. The company provides competitive industry wages and has decent benefits. Management tries to constantly engage staff and provides opportunities for growth to all employees.
Easy work with slow advancement
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Work long hours so its hard to balance work and job life. Skills learned during my time there can not really apply to other jobs. A typical day at work would be watching games being played and paying attention to not only the dealer but the players.
Be ready for it
Associate (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work consists of long hours with no prior notice. Employees learn that rule changes can take effect out of nowhere. Management does their best, but leaves a little to be desired. The workplace culture consistently involves serious tests of your patience due to rowdy, unprofessional customers. The hardest part of the job is not knowing when your work day will be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay and time off after a long day's work.
Great management
Banker (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I loved working for PT Gaming, I had the most amazing manager and supervisors. I handled money all day, while making sure all the players were being paid correctly. I also had to make sure the dealers were following the game procedures.
Pros
If we worked OT we would get free lunch.
Cons
Having to ask to use the restroom.
Fun workplace
BANKING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 12, 2016
I loved working in the casino environment and having the ability to interact with all different cultures on a daily basis. Great learning experience and customer service from a different perspective.
Good for easy money
Gaming Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 12, 2016
Typical day at work:
Go to assigned card-table and watch over game to ensure correct game procedures and payout amounts/ procedures are followed

What I learned:
Different card games. The more card games you know, the higher you will get paid. There is a cap though.

Management:
Most managers were really chill.. I only had one that was cynical and had a nasty attitude whenever he was stressed (i.e. we're losing a lot of money, understaffed, etc)

Co-workers:
Everyone was super chill. I've never had a problem with anyone.

Hardest part:
Mandatory overtime (10-12 hour shifts), rude customers

Enjoyable part:
Easy money, especially if you work overtime. Some dealers were awesome. Chill at table and watch sport games on TV if your table was dead.
Pros
Good money if you need extra hours
Cons
Overtime, rude customers
Casino Banker/third aprty player
Gaming Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2016
Completely over worked and underappreciated.
constantly forced into having to work over time because we were ALWAYS short staffed. Management did not take medical conditions seriously.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Short breaks, Health care, forced Over time, Poor management.
Voluntary
Third Party Proposition Player (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 20, 2016
I had to leave this company to attend a family matter that caused me to move a way for a short time period but didn't allow me to work with my the matter still needing my time here and there.
Good Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 25, 2016
Good Environment Nice people to worked with. The supervisor and manager are very nice. They are open if you have question about worked. the company has a good benefits
Pros
401K, Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Cons
No Seniority in terms of PTO
Unique Work Enviorment
Third Party Proposition Player (Current Employee) –  San Pablo, CAJuly 4, 2016
This job is very laid back, but does require your attention and brain power. You do work hands on with chips on the tables. I personally love working with people, and also meeting new people and here at PT Gaming you meet very interesting customers. Majority of my co-workers and Manager/leads/ superiors are awesome. Just make sure you get enough sleep or a red bull near by. You will be sitting majority of the time counting and doing collections and payouts.
nonstop busy
Banker, customer service (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 2, 2016
Worked there for 7+ years. Final straw was when the place was raided by the FBI with guns drawn. Never felt safe again. Ended up leaving shortly after the raid.
Pros
enjoyed my co-workers
Cons
language barrier with management
fun for people who enjoy casinos and enforcing procedure
Third Party Player Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 28, 2016
great place to work, needs to work on following through on promises made but other than that its a great place to work. overtime is almost mandatory but who doesn't like extra money? You meet a lot of different people and its very diverse so you'll learn about other cultures. best part of the job was learning new games and banking bigger action tables and worst part was when its slow and you just sit there.
Pros
great company parties
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PT Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9