PT Gaming Employee Reviews

Great experience
Bank Associate (Former Employee), United StatesJune 27, 2015
So many different experiences working for the USAF. Met many new individuals and experienced many different cultures. The hardest part was working in an a gas mask and gear in hundred degree weather.
An entertaining job, but it was not for me
Third Party Proposition Player (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Exciting
Cons: Deppressing
At first I loved working for PT gaming. I learned all of the casino games really fast and I enjoyed controlling my table. Over time the job took a toll on me as I started to see people lose everything they had at the casino.
Customer servic
TPPP (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: handled lots of cash
Cons: smokers - unhealthy surroundings
Interacted with people of all ages taught me PR skills.
my job was to play for my company so I was the third party player hired by a private company to play in the casino .
Very interesting learned a lot
fun co-workers, poor management
Third Party Prop Player (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: short breaks, no overtime, very few opportunities for promotions, unfair treatment, bad scheduling, hard to take vacations, untrustworthy management
A typical day at work for PT Gaming consist of me sitting at a card table in the casino and watching players come in and gamble. I can honestly say that I didn't learn all that much from this job except that you can never really depend to much on your superiors to always protect you or have your back when you need them the most. The management at PT Gaming is very poor. I don't think they do a very good job when it comes to being fair in the workplace and treating their employees well. The hardest part of the job is remaining calm and keeping a professional attitude when players, co-workers, supervisors, etc, say bad things to you and test your patience. The best part of the job was talking to some of the players that came in, that I formed a relationship with over time.
easy but a lot of favoritism with management
Banker (Current Employee), gardena caFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: management only looks out for themselves
Horrible management, they are only there to talk and harass girls and move up their asian friends through the line of command.
VERY BAD COMPANY to work for!
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Bay Area, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: short breaks, forced to work overtime
This is a very bad company to work for. Although they pay you nice, the job entails you to sit at a table ALL DAY and do the exact same thing for 8 hours every single day. You will be harassed by the players, physically and verbally and the supervisors do not care to do anything about it. In terms of raises, they will not give you any even if you do everything they ask you to go do. Every casino in the company is vastly understaffed, because everyone HATES their job. You will be forced to work 6 days on a grave yard shift and you will hate it. There is a reason why they are constantly hiring people. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Very Easy work place
third party player bank teller (Former Employee), Torrance, CADecember 5, 2014
Very easy job, for great pay. managing staff is poor, over time is a MANDATORY. They don't care if you have an emergency you are not getting an EO.
Interesting workplace
Banker (Former Employee), San Pablo, CANovember 18, 2014
Casino is a refreshing work environment. Smoking in workplace is a bit uncomfortable.
Casino Job is not for everyone
casino banker (Former Employee), San Jose CA and Compton CAMay 26, 2014
Pros: when your workday is done, you dont think about the job anymore.
Cons: shifting schedules and days off about every six months.
The Job is relatively easy. Hardest part of the job is the hours and that there are customers heckling at you constantly. The fun part is interacting with the cvustomers. Management tries to accomodate our schedule with our daily lives , unfortunately someone has to work weekends and night time. Co-workers for the most part is a mixed group. Just like any work place some are easy to get along with and some clash with your personality.
Good company, with lots to offer
Administrative Assistant, Banking Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2014
I loved working for this company, there were lots of advancement oppertunities. Unfortunately due to the declining enconomy I was laid-off. But I was offered a great severance pay.
I'm challenge person on cards
I wouldn't mind working as a waitress (Current Employee), Rosemond CaliforniaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: keeping your eye open
I love poker I love 21 I love casinos I'm very good at playing poker and keeping an eye on cards and credit counseling I know how to count cards in the get them before they show up on a very good player myself
Casino Environment
Third Party Proposition Player (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: you can leave the job behind at the end of the day
Cons: schedules can be all over the place, work holidays and weekends
A multicultural environment with lots of emphasis on customer service. Many times a very rushed environment, with lots of information to absorb quickly and effectively. A challenge to keep yourself responsive to customers and watch what is happening around you all at the same time. An ability to multitask is key, don't expect to be able to miss anything without there being consequences.
Interesting place of work
Third Party Position Player (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: sitting all day
Cons: short breaks
I got along well with everyone that I worked with. This was a very laid back and easy job. It was interesting to work with gamblers all day. I enjoyed the shift leaders and the supervisors.
fun and energetic work place
Dept of Justice (Former Employee), san diego, caJuly 16, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: worked nights/ 6 days a week/ very little time off
table games and interaction with customers/players was fun. The management was very nice and the customer reviews/ feedback was excelleent. they always had something going on in the bar, from live performances, to sponsored events.
Fast paced environment with a very diverse crowd
Banker/Proposition Player (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 22, 2012
Pros: strongly improved my math skills
Cons: unreasonable work hours, days & holidays
An average day at work consisted of monitoring the games, players, dealers and bank payouts or collections. My math skills and casino gaming knowledge improved greatly over time. Management was strict and by the book but very reliable. Co-workers were very welcoming and willing to train newcomers. Constant gaming licensing renewal and background checks with the Department of Justice and the Gaming Commission came into play. The hardest part of the job was unpaid studying and training on days off, when sometimes was asked to work 7-10 days straight. The most enjoyable part of the job was self improvement, growth and meeting various types of people, backgrounds and ethnicities on a daily basis.
If you love to gamble this is the job for you.
Banker (Current Employee), San Pablo, CANovember 26, 2012
A day at PT Gaming involves a meeting and getting assigned a game table. Most of management is understanding but dont complain about the casino or there staff because you will be the one leaving. They make you travel to different casinos, even if you apply to one specific casino you'll be sent to other casinos with no options. I want to say the hardest part of this job is dealing with the players, because they are losing money daily so they will get angry and blame you for taking there money especially after a few drinks. The best part if the job is your co workers they are great trainers and offer any help you may need.