Pabst Brewing Co Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed managing the tax function.
Director of Corporation Tax Department (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 12, 2016
I was responsible for all taxes. The challenging part was working with the IRS. I did manage to save a lot money in property taxes. The company got out so we all lost our jobs.
The beer industry is a great place to be
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioApril 3, 2015
Working out of a home office, daily interaction with wholesaler and retailer personnel to gain more than my fair share of their time, efforts, and activities.

Selling a beer that is not much different than what the competition offers, while not having the media support that they have, could sometimes be challenging.

Co-workers were fun to work with. While the beer business can be very enjoyable, because after all we are working with beer, at the end of the day everyone must be very professional, responsible, hard working, and self motivated.

Being a comparatively smaller company, in regards to ABI and MillerCoors, we did not have the resources that they had. That meant we had to know how to do everything ourselves. For some, including myself, that was a benefit because it allowed more independent ideas and plans to be used. We had to identify problems, create solutions, and implement actions rather than follow a cookie cutter approach. Some thrive in that environment, some don't.

The best part of the job was developing mutually beneficial relationships with wholesaler personnel, and key retailers. Another plus was discovering bars that are hidden gems, that I would have never found if not for this job. The free beer was a nice perk as well.
Pros
Dynamic industry
Cons
Inconsistent leadership
Awesome
Field Marketing Representivie Seattle (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2015
I love my job just a little too much, looking for a change of pace. Less bar more wholesome environment. Trying to find a good balance.
Pros
car, phone, benefits, social outlets, pretty much everything
Cons
alcohol industry, late nights, always working..
Great portfolio of iconic heritage beer brands
Associate Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2014
- Fun environment that has enabled me to learn and experience a lot.
- Ability to work on exciting projects
- Hardest part of the job: managing the workload
- Co-workers are great to work with
Terrible culture and management
various VP's and GM's
not a stable company
Ok
Field marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 14, 2012
Company was in a moving tradition to another state and was restructuring job and mine was cut. I help put Pabst in the spot light in the French Quarter & the 9th ward area.
Pros
felxible hours fun job.
Cons
distributor were two faced
Great Products and fun to sell
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 17, 2012
I called on all of the beer wholesalers in my area. It was fun working with them and learning about different markets.

Co-workers and management were really good people to work with and for while I was there.
Pros
na
Cons
na
It is a very exciting work environment with friendly management
Events Promoter and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 11, 2012
My day at work entailed briefing by the manager as to what locations to service for that particular day, after that I would drive around to assigned locations to meet all the requirements that store needed for the day, be it beer inventory, marketing and promotions equipment. There was never a dull or hard part of the job because I enjoyed interacting with store owners as well as customers.
Pros
it was a very exciting job and i never got bored with it.
Cons
the compensations and the hours of work were inconsistent.