Pabst Brewing Co Employee Reviews

Productive/Relaxed Workplace
Consumer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2017
Very quiet/repetitive days with not much communcation with other employees. Work days were typical 8-5. Company as a whole is great with multiple perks including free beer and multiple merchandise giveaways. Ultimately its a beer company, so it was a pretty sweet job!
Pabst/Heileman/Stroh
Division Manager/Region Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2017
Awesome place to work and they really care about their people.
Awesome products with long history in US
Offers job enrichment
Pros
Awesome place to work and they really care about their people
Cons
I could not do enough for the Company
Productive and a good working environment
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2017
• Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
• Maintain and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
• Prepare daily bank transfers
• Conduct and prepare weekly wire and ach transfers through Wells Fargo
• Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
• Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
• Compiled financial, accounting and/or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses on a monthly basis
• Develop and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
• Worked closely internal and external auditors in providing accounting documentation for auditing purposes
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
• Prepare and provide excise tax invoices for State Tax to third party vendor to file to respected states
• Prepare weekly and monthly monitoring activities reports
Pros
Very well organized
Benefits
Great Company
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Pabst is a traditional company that believes in brand loyalty. They have wonderful products that have been around for decades. Pabst is full of creative and insightful individuals that do a great job and moving the company in the right direction.
Great company, great people
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Great company to work for. If the headquarters were still located in Illinois I would still be working there. Free beer on payday, casual work environment and overtime.
Pros
A big working family
Cons
Long Hours
Great brands but Executive leadership is very disconnected from reality
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Great brands with great opportunity. Trying to do too many things too swiftly. Top down management is the mentality and causing major separation between church and state...
Pros
Brands, People
Cons
Executive leadership, Review process, Planning, Logistics
It was a nice place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2016
It was a fun place to work for. Some disconnect between upper management and sales force. I was there for 6 years and over all a nice plce to work.
Pros
selling Beer
Cons
sallary
I enjoyed managing the tax function.
Director of Corporation Tax Department (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 12, 2016
I was responsible for all taxes. The challenging part was working with the IRS. I did manage to save a lot money in property taxes. The company got out so we all lost our jobs.
information technology (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2015
Great office culture and fun place to work. Really enjoyed my coworkers and all the fun events they had going on in the office.
Management was okay but had a hard time understanding and listening to employees.
Pros
Free lunches and happy hours all the time!
Cons
No advancement in career, poor management, not very modern
The beer industry is a great place to be
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioApril 3, 2015
Working out of a home office, daily interaction with wholesaler and retailer personnel to gain more than my fair share of their time, efforts, and activities.

Selling a beer that is not much different than what the competition offers, while not having the media support that they have, could sometimes be challenging.

Co-workers were fun to work with. While the beer business can be very enjoyable, because after all we are working with beer, at the end of the day everyone must be very professional, responsible, hard working, and self motivated.

Being a comparatively smaller company, in regards to ABI and MillerCoors, we did not have the resources that they had. That meant we had to know how to do everything ourselves. For some, including myself, that was a benefit because it allowed more independent ideas and plans to be used. We had to identify problems, create solutions, and implement actions rather than follow a cookie cutter approach. Some thrive in that environment, some don't.

The best part of the job was developing mutually beneficial relationships with wholesaler personnel, and key retailers. Another plus was discovering bars that are hidden gems, that I would have never found if not for this job. The free beer was a nice perk as well.
Pros
Dynamic industry
Cons
Inconsistent leadership
Awesome
Field Marketing Representivie Seattle (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2015
I love my job just a little too much, looking for a change of pace. Less bar more wholesome environment. Trying to find a good balance.
Pros
car, phone, benefits, social outlets, pretty much everything
Cons
Alcohol industry, late nights, always working..
Great portfolio of iconic heritage beer brands
Associate Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2014
- Fun environment that has enabled me to learn and experience a lot.
- Ability to work on exciting projects
- Hardest part of the job: managing the workload
- Co-workers are great to work with
Terrible culture and management
various VP's and GM's
not a stable company
Ok
Field marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 14, 2012
Company was in a moving tradition to another state and was restructuring job and mine was cut. I help put Pabst in the spot light in the French Quarter & the 9th ward area.
Pros
felxible hours fun job.
Cons
distributor were two faced
Great Products and fun to sell
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 17, 2012
I called on all of the beer wholesalers in my area. It was fun working with them and learning about different markets.

Co-workers and management were really good people to work with and for while I was there.
Pros
na
Cons
na
It is a very exciting work environment with friendly management
Events Promoter and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 11, 2012
My day at work entailed briefing by the manager as to what locations to service for that particular day, after that I would drive around to assigned locations to meet all the requirements that store needed for the day, be it beer inventory, marketing and promotions equipment. There was never a dull or hard part of the job because I enjoyed interacting with store owners as well as customers.
Pros
it was a very exciting job and i never got bored with it.
Cons
the compensations and the hours of work were inconsistent.