PACCAR Inc. Employee Reviews

This company seems nice but....
Worker (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe OhioJanuary 30, 2017
This company has a Huge communication problem - as in there isn't any. I find out what's going on from production - not from my boss or coworkers. Often things that impact my daily work are withheld until they become problems, then I am held accountable (even if I didn't know about them). There is no training....at all. I have had to fight for my job numerous times because I haven't been able to quickly do the things I haven't been trained on.
Pros
Local to Chillicothe, Ohio; free popcorn on Friday
Cons
no communication, being held accountable for things you were not trained on or told about, job duty changes without your consent, job insecurity
corporate environment
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 22, 2017
A professional workplace with an opportunity to learn many skill sets including Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.

Work with Engineering and Accounting as well as other budget centers to meet financial requirements of production and Sales.

Work with management to develop career path and goals

Learn about production manufacturing processes and supply chain management through interaction with a wide supply base.
Human Resources Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 22, 2017
Takes business seriously, room for occupational growth can be a challenge, needs to revamp compensation strategy. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team of people who are strongly committed to the strength of the Kenworth truck
Hard work, decent pay. Must be dedicated and flexible
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 17, 2017
Heavy duty manufacturing environment on a moving assembly line. Good mechanical and computer skills required. Troubleshooting and problem solving abilities are a big plus. Attendance policy is strict and requires a strong dedication to the job
workplace summary
Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MS 39701October 30, 2016
Paccar has a good working environment. Management doesn't stay in touch with employees enough. I've learned a lot there with some great supervisors in certain areas of the plant and also with Diesel engines. Hardest part of the job is opportunities for advancement
Pros
work enviorment. controlled air\heat
Cons
management
Old school culture
Sr. Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 23, 2016
Review the reviews via glassdoor... Things may have changed since when I worked there. When I worked there, there were a ton of rules implemented by the "Chairman" such as 1) do not cross the street to purchase Starbucks. Instead go downstairs to purchase from the Co cafeteria, 2) If you are going one floor up or down, you are not allowed to use the elevator. Instead, you need to use the stairs and 3) Every time you leave your work area, you MUST be wearing a suit jacket.
Fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKNovember 10, 2016
It's a pretty easy going workplace. It's just not very secure at the moment with the economy the way it is. My supervisor did his job very well, and did his best to accommodate everyone under his authority.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Not secure
This is a great company
Shop Foreman and Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2016
this is a company to stick with.
know who the VP's are and keep a list of them
everything is moved on paper work and a budget when it comes to the truck leasing side, the the budget is so tight and the purching program is so limited you can't keep the maintenance done on the equipment, sod this was a good company
Pros
Cons
a fight every day just to keep your job
Paccar
Paccar Parts (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 22, 2016
Working for Paccar was a great experience and a great opportunity to pick up some skills. Coworkers are friendly, but the management sucked.
Temp, but good
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJuly 29, 2016
I enjoyed the job, but they ran out of work. The management and co-workers were great. The work environment was very good.
Pros
Good people and environment
Cons
Job security as a contractor

Want to know more about PACCAR Inc.?

Ask a question
Excellent people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 26, 2016
Wonderful experience. Too bad oil industry tanked and took a lot of our business with it. Good hours, good pay, great team work, nice people, autonomy to get your job done, opportunities to work across departments.
Pros
Highly cooperative and likable people
Cons
Too tied to oil & gas
Laid back environment
Cafeteria Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 4, 2016
The workplace is a friendly, laid back environment where you could have fun and work at the same time. The management is always cooperating with you if you need help with anything on the job as well as making arrangements if there is a day when needed to be off or emergency matter.
Pros
free lunch, friendly staff/customers
Cons
less hours than scheduled
I enjoyed the work environment and the staff while working at Paccar.
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed the daily routines I performed at Paccar because I was constantly busy at task which made the time fly by quite quickly. I learned a lot about using RF menu computer systems while pulling orders and how to properly package and ship merchandise out after picking it. My managers were always very personable, understanding and helpfu. My co-workers were awesome and made work "that much easier" being the cool people and characters they were. The hardest part of the job was staying under Paccar's standard error rate which was 3.5 errors allowed per 10,000 lines.
Pros
Often got free lunch, 401k benefits were offered, and payed holiday and vacation time was a bonus.
stuffed shirt culture
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 7, 2016
Uber conservative...and very micro-managed. Extremely strict on dress and cell phones. My dept was just audited and it is very unorganized. Didn't realize what I was walking into.....
Pros
free parking
Cons
commute to Bellevue sucks, they don't like us drinking starbucks and the men can't wear any facial hair..

Comment – April 6, 2016

When I was hired, I didn't realize what I was walking into. I should of listened to my intuition. There is no professional training. I knew nothing about title work or finance contracts prior to working there. My training was all over the place with no manuals to reference. I have done reception/phone work for 20 years and the phone system they had me working on was at least 15 years old and outdated. In addition, their main software system for customer records was DOS based! Really? I haven't used a DOS system since the 90's. In addition to that, the manager, although a nice lady, was extremely controlling and micro managed her team. It was difficult to work under that kind of pressure with learning 5 different computer programs with 5 different log ons in a seriously conservative environment.

I was set up to fail and it worked. I would never recommend this company to anyone ever...

Great company if you can ride out the lay offs
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 23, 2016
I took this position to get my foot in the door. I don't regret it at all. This is a hard job, but you are paid well for it. Plus the night differential pay makes it worth it. Like anywhere else there are very unworthy managers. If you go and do your job you have nothing to worry about. I wasn't in this position long. I applied for many other positions as soon I started. I find the healthcare very affordable.
Pros
Pay, Time off
Cons
Short breaks
Great work facility, very low opportunities for advancement
Quality Specialist, Materials Lead, Assembly (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSFebruary 8, 2016
Minimal opportunities for advancement, and training. A company that does not value there floor level/production workers. Expensive insurance and employer offered programs.
Cons
Short breaks for production employees, production incentives for management ONLY
Productive work place
Summer intern (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMay 23, 2016
• Good and focused working days
• Gained valuable experience
• On-task management
• Hard-working co-workers
• Working in the heat
• Working with the staff
Company manages its profit excellently and has paid a dividend every quarter since 1941
Senior Fleet Sales Manager, Region Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 19, 2015
Highlight of my career allowing me job advancement replete with stock options and excellent compensation and benefits. Very demanding culture but very rewarding experience representing the finest products in the heavy truck industry
Pros
Great products yoou could feel good about representing
Cons
stay away from running business validation
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAMarch 8, 2016
managers are lacking in training of new personnel that are unfamiliar with the trucking industry. has its fun days and slow days. hills and valleys with work.
Pros
friendly
Cons
bad mangement personel
Not a bad place...not a good place
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 4, 2015
This company is good for a person that just wants a job and to check in and out. If you want to advance to management you MUST become part of the good ol boy system. People are not promoted on ability but rather friendship and relationship.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management, job gets old very fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACCAR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.