PACCAR Inc.

PACCAR Inc. Employee Reviews

Good people to work with.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Okmulgee, OKJuly 11, 2015
I was not there long enough to accomplish much, slow business conditions, which caused a layoff. I enjoyed the work I was able to do.
Great pay, poor management
Assembler (Former Employee), Okmulgee, OKJune 10, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits. 401k match
Cons: poor management
In my nearly 5 years with Paccar I found a typical workday to be physically and sometimes mentally challenging as deadlines needed to be met, and products needed to ship. The overall morale of the employees in my area was generally low, due to poor management conditions. Compensation, however was good. So most employees kept their heads down, did their jobs, and waited on the supervisor to leave before complaining.
good
Purchasing Analyst/Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee), SeattleJune 3, 2015
Typical day of work was good.
I learnt purchasing and negotiation skills.
Management is good.
Co-Workers are good.
Hardest part was to find free time.
Enjoyable part is there is a lot of work.
A typical day at Paccar
Student Intern (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHMay 30, 2015
I would logon to the computer and chick my emails. Then I work on any and everything I was told to do. What I did most was edit videos and I did work on some photos.
Nice work place with good employees to work with.
Deburr / Machinist (Former Employee), Okmulgee, OKMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work for me was coming in and began doing setups on 2 Hitachi CNC Lathes. I was in training and wouldn't had been done with training until September. I was learning so much more than I thought I could ever learn in school. The management was great and my coworkers were excellent people to work with.
Co-Workers are great
Cost Accounting (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMay 6, 2015
The co-workers are great to work with. Supervisors allow you to learn each area as it interests you and promotes within.
Nice place to work
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Columbus, MSApril 12, 2015
Pros: state of the art plant
nice place to work. seems to be room for moving up in the company. very focused on safety. opened 24hrs a day with 3 shifts. benefits seemed to be fair.
Good Company to work for.
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, MSFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: strong financial history, cost controls in place, benefits, especially 401k
Cons: average communications from executive level to plant level.
Long history of excellent quality products with a strong and profitable financial history. They provide good working environment along with necessary tools to perform your job.
Good place to work at
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Renton, WADecember 23, 2014
Good place to work at conservative workplace though. Not for everyone
Great Company
Financial Reporting Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 15, 2014
Great company to work for. Great people and culture. Interesting work.
Not for everyone
Leadership Development Program (Former Employee), Renton, WADecember 10, 2014
You will need the right mindset to work here. Management is very old school and hasn't yet figured out how to compete for talent, especially in the Pacific NW.

The company is very conservative and if you learn to work within their framework you will be very successful.
Paccar Review
TITLE - Design Engineer (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: none really, cost of medical, salary, culture and all things considered; there is a free vanpool to ensure employees get to work.
Cons: high cost of medical, very low number of sick days, average compensation
PACCAR is a firm where an engineering degree whether mechanical or electrical "gets you in the door" but after that you'll never use any of the education you learned in you engineering studies; say for example your an EE, forget about PLC's, VFD's, LT Spice, Matlab, Simulink, Labview. Yes it is true that some engineers will find their way and can get a niche job doing Labview at PACCAR's PTC tech center, for the majority what you learn over time is how to answer the phone (when dealing with cross functional silos), set up meetings, answer missed BOM calls or work orders known as REI's. Work in the industry a decade or two at a commercial truck manufacturing firm and go look for work as an EE elsewhere and you'll find you won't be able to call yourself an experienced EE as "power systems, high voltage power, three phase, etc" things that are expected of Senior engineers just aren't things you'll do here. You will need to be good at presenting in meetings, creating powerpoint presentations and supporting the truck manufacturing plants. The overall morale at PACCAR is low at times due to the culture at PACCAR where employees are asked to do something they might not like to; such as come in clean shaven as the perception that engineers look a certain way is enforced. Pay at this particular employer is only average. Opportunity for advancement exists as long as your manager likes you. PACCAR is a great firm to gain intern experience and then you can decide to leave while I would not recommend it as a dream employer firm.
Good job for college students
Financial Reporting Accountant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 25, 2014
Good job for college students, cool up beat vibe. The company takes care of their employees.
In general, PACCAR is a good company. But It is male-oriented and no development space for minority woman.
Global Sourcing Program Manager (Current Employee), Renton, WAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: rigid working hours, no development space for minorty woman no matter how hard you work.
In general, PACCAR is a good company. It is male-oriented and no development space for minority woman. It is partially because it is HD industry which is male-oriented.
Style over Substance
Product Development Manager (Current Employee), Algona, WAJune 30, 2014
Pros: easy to work an 8hr day.
Cons: management rules by fear, original thinking penalized, living in past, and not a problem solving culture, rather a quick fix and move on culture.
Management rewards people who can look good and make mundane daily activities look good.
This is not a problem solving culture and attempting to solve problems is met with resistance. Speaking against management, or having an original thought is considered insubordination.
Management rules by fear and smart people are mushed into corner for non-technical people that speak well but have no practical experience.
The culture lives in the past about how they have always made money cutting employes benefits in the down turns to pay dividends and make profits, but isn't innovating and looking to be competitive in the future.
Nice Career with Incredible Opportunities
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Columbus, MSJune 15, 2014
I learned a lot at this company even in the short amount of time I was there. My experience was an internship and I would love to consider employment with PACCAR after graduation.
To be discuss
Onsite coordinator (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, WaMay 27, 2014
Pros: good work culture
Cons: nothing
Good interaction with team
Learned about OBD and Aftertreatment system
Old School Philosophy
Corporate Commodity Manager (Current Employee), Denton, TexasApril 11, 2014
Dynamic environment, hands on experience gained in terms of logistics, reading drawings, material management, supplier quality, project management. The commodity manager is the point of contact for any issues that happen anywhere in the supply chain at any point in time. Great learning ground, however long term career growth, management development, or mentoring programs are a major weakness at PACCAR.
Management too controlling and not focused on helping employees succeed.
Analyst (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: work is pretty consistently 40 hrs/week
Cons: no collaboration, teamwork or growth.
Senior management creates a culture of intimidation that is not healthy for the employees. Focus is too heavy on shareholder return rather than career development and longevity of the company. There is a "do what your told" mentality rather than collaborating to find the best solution.
Great place with good people
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Morrow, GADecember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch, extended breaks
Paccar is a growing company that has a lot to offer to those that know how to operate forklifts. It can get real busy at times during the spring/summer seasons. I learned how to operate forklifts and other equipment.

About PACCAR Inc.

Global and diverse opportunities! Smart and creative colleagues! Exciting assignments and growth prospects! What drives your – Read more

PACCAR Inc. Salaries