PACCAR Inc. Employee Reviews

good entry level job but hard to balance life
Diagnostic calibration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WANovember 2, 2017
good entry level job, old school company not really intune with the changing job market.

Great people, great environment, cool product but management is old school. dosen't seem to understand that wearing a tie vs. having a beard makes you a less capable employee.
Its a good place to work for overall
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 26, 2017
HR needs to work on training for their supervisors, specially those who have never been managers.
They don't like critisism and let people go for no reason.
Pros
good work/family balance
Cons
not a very transparent company
Educated Employer
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 20, 2017
The only thing I can say is that they are focused on creating a professional work environment for their employees.

I recommended my son to them and he works for them today.
Pros
Education focused
Cons
Education focused
No work/life balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2017
Everyone is expected to do multiple jobs. When someone leaves or is fired, their job is split up among others and thats the new normal. Save money save money save money. Employees are seen as replaceable instead of an asset.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Overworked
Job security because there's always more to do
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 16, 2017
For a Fortune 500 company it is astonishing how much it operates in the past. The only thing advanced about it is its product. Management does not invest in their people or care about their opinions. Sure, you'll hear them mention work-life balance but they don't show they even know its meaning. Example: The company's first employee survey was taken in 2015 and again in 2017. Both times, the #1 complaint was outdated systems. And yet, they do nothing about it. Theyre more concerned with pleasing the owners and will bend over backwards for them. I highly suggest one does not work at Corporate unless you can handle the "good ol' boys" mentality and mandatory brown-nosing.

You will struggle feeling satisfied with your work since you'll be so busy with manual work and getting pulled in different directions. There is no time for cross-training and because the turnover is high, when one chair is empty the entire department will feel it. Process improvement is in many job descriptions but you will not get the support to change anything, that includes time.
Pros
Some benefits, workers are very professional
Cons
Work life balance is non existent, suits mandatory, high expectations w/ no reward
MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OK 74013October 12, 2017
I came on board to re-brand the company, to bring my vision and creative style on board to help promote the brands and the company. While working there I made some great friends.
Great company to start off in the trucking industry
Administrative Assistant/Rental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2017
I started out with the company doing data entry in the fuel tax department. I was in that position for about a year before I was promoted to Rental Coordinator. I was in charge of a rental fleet of roughly 200 trucks and scheduled rentals. I was also required to access any new or exiting damages to the semi trucks as well as daily invoicing. I had no knowledge of semi trucks before working for Paccar and it taught me a great deal of the trucking industry. Towards the end of my career at Paccar I also did some accounts payable / receivables as well as payroll for the diesel mechanics.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Could be stressful at times
Leaders lack interpersonal skills
Administrator/Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 4, 2017
Most leaders lack interpersonal skills and leadership skills. They are given a lot of freedom in how they treat subordinates. If you get a good manager, it works out, but if you get a jerk, work-life can be made painful.
Pros
5-day work week
Cons
Leaders lack interpersonal skills
I liked PACCAR, just trying to look at other places.
SAP Solutions Internship (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2017
It was a good internship and I learned a lot, it isnt a particularly exciting company to work for. Has a great work life balance, would be great if you already have a family. Not great to start.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Average age, very conservative
n/a
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WA 98057September 12, 2017
Very lean company with multiple conflicting responsibilities and limited resources. Software and technology needs to be updated and systems are outdated.
Stable and conservative like a bank
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 17, 2017
PACCAR is as stable as it gets. It is a very conservative company but treats people well and provides good benefits. Median salary employer but opportunity to grow.
Run as fast as you can
Production Worker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Plano TexasJuly 28, 2017
If you're not a middle-aged white man you'll never get promoted in this company whenever this company makes mistakes it's not the engineers they get rid of it's the temps through them straight under the bus they hire mostly African-American employees so they can feel like they're running a slave Field and then they work you like a slave and pay you crumbs $12 an hour when you can make 20 at other companies and no how matter how much experience you have you all come in making 12 freaking dollars while the big bosses are making all the good money
Pros
I lost about 20 pounds
Cons
You'll never get promoted unless you're a middle-aged white man
Very good place to work
Secretary/Law Department-Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 28, 2017
If you enjoy working with a diverse group of people then you will enjoy this company. The location is great and the pay is top notch. You will enjoy a wide variety of benefits.
Pros
Cafeteria available on site with other ammenities
Cons
Traffic can be bad
Productive and Best places to work
Project Manager (Supplier Quality Summer Intern) (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 23, 2017
balanced work life
great managers
not the best systems
focus on culture, product and stakeholders
the best place for interns
decent benefits
good encouragement from supervisors
Must watch your back at all times
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 18, 2017
Steady work, but low salary. Not much engineering here so throw that degree out the window. Had several engineering managers without 4year college degrees. Typical day is answering the phone, and typing reports. If your a stellar performer but your manager doesn't like you then it's the end of the road for moving up.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Dress code is outdated, low annual raises
Good
manufacture and customer support (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSJuly 17, 2017
Great experience in working with Manufacturing domain.The support from the colleague are really appreciable.
Overall it was a great Opportunity to work with Paccar.
OK place to work
Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 9, 2017
It is slowly becoming a better place to work. Recent changes to the vacation policy and the work attire have made things a little easier. The HR team has worked hard to increase the benefit package to make it more competitive.
Great place
focus on culture, product and stakeholders
best place for interns
decent benefits
good encouragement from supervisors
Was a good finishing school
Service department (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 28, 2017
I learned a lot of PACCAR and its culture. We were overworked and underpaid, but everyone brought great food to the potluck dinners we had on month end nights. Management would pay overtime, but they did pay for the pizza!
Conservative
IT (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJune 20, 2017
The company is very conservative. New technology scares the user community.

Management are focus on saving money rather than investing in new technology.

Too much legacy software and hardware.

Work like balance is a 3 out of 5 stars at best. I have seen accountants work 12 hours shifts.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
formal dress code environment. SUIT AND TIE!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACCAR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.