Pace Americas Employee Reviews

Open OT availability, but..not enough
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 18, 2016
This work environment is so demanding especially when Arris bought then out. Not sure why AT&T requires 100%+ attainment in order to stay there. What other data centers wanted that? The pay was too low for tech support ..12.50 hourly?? Get real..sacrificed life's precious hours to work overtime. The desks are damaged and so ate the chairs...rugs are stained, system never works...though I blame Windows. They need Linux . Then they lied and said no one gets fired but hey..AT&T broke contract and people were given 90 days to find new jobs... The managers are unprofessional slackers and slobs and so are most of the people that worked there..but a selected few were normal and cool and not just fresh out of prison or jail...or it seems. Favoritism and Snobbish attitudes in Mgmt..it was horrible and a little bit abusive I think. Yes. That bad. But it brought bacon when needed..prolly a good start job for a tech noob .. but staying there was just painful. They need to treat their employees better. We are not slaves..it's 2016.
Pros
Personal Kitchen Chef was Best(miss him), open Overtime, time off requests get approved
Cons
Low Pay, Stressful Environment, time off not paid, Dirty center, favoritism, no benefits
Good entry level place to work. Company recently got bought out, so work environment may have shifted.
Integration Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 18, 2016
Get to watch TV at work. Easy to zone out and just end up watching live TV.

Rather slow adaption to technology. Probably have quite a few competitors in their industry that do things way better than they can.

Software was super buggy. Felt like we were inundated with bugs. Workload wasn't very stressful though. Had our own computers and we could pretty much do whatever on them without management breathing down our necks.

I heard they laid off a bunch of people recently when they got acquired by ARRIS. Haven't worked there for several years, so a lot of things may have changed since I left.

They didn't start promoting people within my team until I quit, so they probably won't go out of their way to give raises unless you really push them about it.
Pros
free bottled drinks, talented workers, strong emphasis on automated testing, low stress job with no after-hours responsibilities
Cons
nebulous job responsibilities, not a ton of work to go around, not very challenging unless you are self-motivated to make up your own work
Fun inviting environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 15, 2015
Pace will hire just about everyone as long as you have some basic computer knowledge. The training is very thorough and rate out of the gate I was able to meet my requirements and place 5th out of the ranking for our building.

The people are mostly nice and easy to work with and their are a lot of them. The supervisors are awesome and provide transparent feedback on your performance.
Pros
Great Training, Bonuses for good performance
Cons
Pay is not negotiable, Not given raises based on performance
Great coworkers, but management is profit based not customer or employee oriented
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
I loved working here for the people, in and out of the building. The employees and customers had great interactions. Some of the supervisors were also geared towards satisfying customers at all cost because they realize in the long run the customer base is what pays our wages or salaries. I left cause the Management was making the shift to run things as our contractor wanted to operate. which was, 'don't fix the issues, just be there to allow the customers to report the issue through you'. Management also made the steps to assign more middle management that would enforce this business-as-usual policy and attitude that there will be no troubleshooting out of the approved system provided by our contractor.
Pros
Great Employees to spend the day with
Cons
Smelly Carpets, restrictive troubleshooting, contractors and management working against customer and employee satisfaction
Now called ARRIS. You're doing more than just technical support!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 14, 2016
This is NOT tech support, you're also solving order errors, missed repair appointments, billing, and sales disputes which cut into the ridiculous "call metrics" you're expected to meet. The software consistently freezing and limited floor assistance doesn't help things much, either. However, you'll always be advised that there were "workarounds" to this by your supervisors. At some point, you'll probably be hassled for things that weren't your fault (e.g. customers calling back, conflicting advice by other supervisors, etc.) and because this is a 24/7 call center, you'll likely be assigned a work shift that will decimate your existing life balance: unless you get permanently hired, you will be working on holidays at the same pay rate.
Pros
Friendly co-workers if you're into the programmer/hipster culture
Cons
Unpleasant work environment that will burnout even the most dedicated
Pace Americas
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 12, 2016
Overall a good work environment. Very relaxed culture however somewhat disorganized as a whole. A good place to get some entry level experience but there is very little chance of advancement within the company.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Unstable company.
Easy Technical Support, if you can handle rude, entitled customers!
Ubiz Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 10, 2015
Overall Pace is not a bad company per say...its ok. The environment is horribly unorganized. Supervisors choose favorites and write you up for trivial things. You will also be working for AT&T who has a reputation of not caring for their customers nor their employees. The only reason I am giving it 2 stars is because of the friends I made there, they are the only reason I endured 2 years of this mess. Additionally, I did have 1 supervisor who was amazing and helped me improve as an actual agent instead of just writing me up all the time, I won't name him but I hope he is still doing great! The job consists of providing technical support for Uverse TV, Internet, and Home Phone, which is not hard. Be prepared for incredibly irate people and also for shady behavior from management. I would recommend that anyone who wants to work here, only do so with the intent to leave as soon as possible...it is not a positive environment. Oh and they will also make you take on more job responsibility with no pay raise...
Pros
Stable schedule (40+ hours and overtime), Nice co-workers, Easy work.
Cons
Sketchy management, Dirty call center, AT&T.
A great place to begin your career in customer support
Advanced technical support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2016
The goal of the staff was the same across the board. Provide the best customer support for the client and their customers. This was achieved by providing the agents with all tools and suggestions needed.
Pros
The endless challenges that present themselves
Cons
Escalation Support Rep wages are a little low
Good working environment. Open to communicate among different teams.
Senior SQA Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2015
OK on work culture and benefits. Flexible working hours, and nice management. Engineering ages are going to upper middle ages. Smart people and nice to work with.
Pros
enjoy to work with co-workers with same and different teams.
Cons
up level management not stable.
Pace
Application Developer, Application and Development (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2015
Great Company to work for in the PSM area. Directors are supportive, over all environment is very laid back. Application and Development team is very small. I enjoyed our group meetings.
Switching over from contract to full time, took almost 6 months after they offered me a full time position. I was also not being compensated correctly in the role as a application developer but what I was hired on as a document specialist.
Pros
Free can soda, job culture, Management and job/life balance.
Cons
Compensation/Benefits, Contract to full-time
dreadful
ESCALATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 3, 2016
Pace is not a great place to work from the lack of support for your coaches and supervisors. to the low pay and constantly being put down. this is a place where your best is never good enough. Not to mention the place is filthy.Your desk which you share with everyone is not clean and you can tell there are stains that you would not want to ask what they are from. The computers are very old and full of dust you can see it coming out of the vents. and the connections to the network are by your feet and look years old and are easily kicked out of place.

I give warning to all who want to work here the job is ok at best but do not expect for hard work to get you a promotion. this is all dependent of the schedule you are willing to take like split shifts.
Pros
most of the employees are nice
Cons
everything else
It's a call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2016
Really not much to complain about here. The management was quick and responsive, there was always work to do, and unlimited overtime available.

If you just need a place to work for a while while you pursue life goals, this is the place to go
Pros
Company-sponsored events with give-aways and free pizza
Cons
It's a call center
Interesting Work, Weak Managment
Consultant Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Boca RatonDecember 14, 2014
Good compensation, but very wishywashy management. Decision making is highly political. Co-workers are mostly courteous and professional.

The lack of vision and leadership made my outlook on job security very questionable, but the time I've spent there thus far has been interesting in terms of project scope.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Weak Management
good people
Assistant Manager and QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 27, 2016
Fun place nice people

Hard work and aggressive schedules but great people

Worked for upper level management and tracked tasks of engineers.

Management drove employees hard but the environment was great.
Pros
good people
Cons
laid off workforce
n/a
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 15, 2016
The company is run bare bones, understaffed on the engineering side, tools necessary to do your job are either outdated or non-existent. The bottom line is everything at that company, It is not an engineering firm.
Pros
very laid back environment
No morale, no culture, poor management
Escalation Desk Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 9, 2015
No morale, no culture, poor management. Everyone is just looking out for themselves because of the way that the business is structured.
Pros
People constantly quit or get promoted, making getting a promotion easy
Cons
No morale, no culture, poor management, no one cares about employees
same as 2wire

same pay as 2wire

Pace just happen to bought out 2wire
cannot recommend.
ICM (Current Employee) –  tempe, azSeptember 2, 2014
Arrive15 minutes early. Take 3-4 minutes to log into a slow and outdated computer. Must be ready 5 minutes before shift starts. The rest of the day, be bombarded by calls from rude customer who hate at&t and pace because of the poor quality and service from corp offices. floor assistants and supervisors are unfriendly and will not help because they are busy gossiping and playing on their mobile phones, or chatting nonsense in the help chat rooms. hardest part of the job is balancing your personal life because they do not give time off for any reason, except death. no holidays or vacations. wanting to advance in your career and communicating with management are other difficulties.
Pros
Over time. If youre willing to take the psychological abuse from customers and supervisors, then a pro is job security at $12 an hour.
Cons
Unfriendly and rude job culture. Underpaid for tier 2 duties.
Good job and room for advancement if you dont mind being on the phone.
Tier 1 Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 12, 2013
Would come in log into my phone. Have 2 minutes to open tools on computer. Start taking calls. You get two breaks and a lunch. It gets easier the longer you work there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Gets a little mundane
Busy work environment with poor management
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 28, 2015
Straining work place with very poor management that often cannot cooperate between teams. Coworkers were very helpful when unable to solve problems and often sent to walk around to assist others. Call volume was often overwhelming with no time between calls. Assisting customers with tv and internet services was most common, doing trouble shooting in order to find out what is wrong with the service.
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pace Americas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9