Pace Center for Girls Employee Reviews

Poor example of role models
Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce flaJune 26, 2015
Counseling troubled girls. I have learned that even the most troubled girl can be successful. The management at pace lacked the administrative skills to manage the staff and the girls.

My co workers there was dedicated to helping each girl achieve her goals.The hardest part of the job was the stress that I experienced from the management style.

The enjoyable part was seeing that girls develop the necessary skills to move to the next phrase in their lives.
Pros
Helping girls that are in trouble
Cons
Short term position
Great workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2015
While at PACE, I learned that I really wanted to work with nonprofits, especially benefitting youth. The staff was incredible, and really enjoyed working with and helping the students at the Center.
Corporate does not value good employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange/OrlandoApril 28, 2015
The negative environment and unprofessional office manager, academic manager and corporate mekes things difficult for the girls. There is a negative environment 24/7. The staff do not work together, therefore at the end of the day, the PACE mission and vission is not practice at this center.
Pros
helping girls to be succesful in life
Cons
unprofessional, unethical academic manager, corporate team do not care about the girls
Fun, Challenge and rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 1, 2014
I love working at PACE, and I feel it is very rewarding in helping many girls who have been through many difficult situations. I substituted for 7 periods throughout the day and had one period for planning period. Each class I will follow the lesson plan that the teacher provided. I then instructed throughout the period and assisted the girls during the time allotted.
great place for internship/ entry level experience
Social Services MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 14, 2014
helpful staff, loving students- tough love environment. Best environment for internship
Great fast paced, helping girls
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleApril 8, 2014
As a counselor PACE was very rewarding, it can be high stung and stressful at times, and emotional
Pros
several fun days, great relationships
Cons
year round school- highly emotional students
Learning environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 25, 2014
Learning environment. Full time year round school. No summers off
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
some issues
PACE is a small girls school. I really enjoy working there.
Academic Manager and Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 15, 2013
PACE is a fast paced environment. It is a joyful place to work because you are working at helping girls attain their goals. I learned many ways to deal with difficult students in order to help them become successful when they returned to school. Out of all the jobs I have ever had, my co-workers were the best. The hardest part of the job was dealing with federal, state and local requirements that seem to change randomly. It was difficult, but not impossible. The most enjoyable part was seeing girls change before your eyes.
Pros
emotionally rewarding
Cons
overworked
Amazing organization with a fantastic mission!
Special Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2013
PACE Center for Girls is a gender responsive program that serves at risk girls 12-18 through therapeutic and academic services. As a special projects manager I manage the volunteer program and community outreach efforts that engage civic groups and corporate volunteer groups that support PACE through volunteer services such as event support, tutoring, advocacy, and fundraising.
An environment that makes a difference for girls which I enjoyed being part of.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FloridaJune 30, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Pace Center for Girls and believe I would still be there except for an injury with which I was no longer able to preform my responsibilities.

The most satisfying and enjoyable part of the position was my being able to make a difference.
Pros
interacting with the girls
Cons
injury
Absolutely love what I do
Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2013
My social service team is great and I absolutely enjoy being around them. I have a great Social Service Manager that absolutely cares about her team. She is very professional.
Pros
love working with the girl's
Cons
management team unprofessional
Internship
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Ft. LauderdaleApril 24, 2013
Worked with the diversion program within the agency. Conducted intake assessments and ran psycho educational groups.
Non-profit Center
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaFebruary 27, 2013
A typical day at work is a day of me wearing multiple hats. I learned how to be flexible and work in a social service agency. Management and co-workers were a group of individuals were I inherited many skills from. The hardest part of my job is to help teen girls understand the importance of their education. The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive changes that are visible in each student that successfully transitions from the program.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
the inablility for advancement
Cowoirkers
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlJanuary 1, 2013
This can be a great place to work, I was simply not made to work with teen age girls. The staff was great though.
Pros
staff
benefits
Poor work ethic
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 7, 2012
Problem with upper management and unprofessional behavior. True interest in well being of girls but poorly run.