Pace Center for Girls Employee Reviews in United States

Pace orange
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLMay 21, 2016
The PACE mission is great but not put into practice. Very poor working conditions, no breaks, no support, staff turnover incredibly high, staff to student ratio so high it puts students and staff at risk. ED is a bully ( to staff and girls) and she is supported by HO, there is a culture of fear and no where to turn for help. Worst organisation I have ever worked for. Very sad situation for the girls and no end in sight.
Pros
the girls
Cons
management, E.D., bullying, long hours, poor pay, no breaks
Overworked and Underpaide
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Volusia County, FLMay 16, 2016
Do not work at the one in Volusia I do not like the job and I have no more to say about the company except the staff is nasty especially the executive director and program director and the company is not fully invested in helping girls because they let the girls do whatever they want thats not preparing them for the real world,
Employee Turn Over Says It All
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLMay 5, 2016
Lack of structure and basic discipline impacts the educational outcome for girls, and makes the working environment unnecessarily stressful, and unsafe. Take note of the job turnover - not with the upper management- but with those actually working with students, the counsellors, teachers, office staff.Notice how long it takes to re-place those who have resigned. Watch for the excuses, because they will be there. Be sure you are clear about holidays, vacation, above all... ask questions. Talk to current and former employees, read other reviews. Expect to be buried in paperwork, stealing evenings and weekends. If it's in your nature to care about the quality of work you do, expect burnout.
Pros
Seeing the girls make positive changes in their lives, both personally and academically.
Cons
Unhealthy working environment- lack of structure, never working with full complement of staff, always short staffed.
PACE provides a supportive environment for both students and staff
Program Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLApril 17, 2016
PACE has an amazing mission and philosophy which is operationalized in the use of values and principles. Both the students and staff live by this and all are committed to embracing growth and change as well as seeking excellence. To work in such a dynamic environment is exciting and empowering. The staff are genuinely caring and compassionate and this creates a supportive environment for all.
Not a great place to work - but it could be
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2016
What is happening at this center is really disturbing. They cannot keep staff because of the leadership at the center, particularly the executive director. Therefore, the place is usually understaffed. The leadership takes a long time to rehire people, if they replace the position at all. Everyone is expected to perform more than one job and even step into roles they are not fully qualified to perform. Corporate knows about the situation and does nothing, at least from what the employees can tell. Most employees are constantly looking for another job and it's basically an open secret that everyone plans to leave.

The kids are wonderful, but working with them is a challenge. Staff is not supported the way they should be for the type of work that needs to be done with and for the girls. PACE is a great organization, but this location is not the best example of what a PACE center is supposed to be. I would not recommend working here unless serious changes are made.
Pros
The girls, a worthwhile organization with a great mission, time off
Cons
Poor management, safety concerns, understaffed, HR issues
I wouldn't recommend it
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2016
Pace center can be a rewarding place to work when you see the positive changes that the students are capable of. Work culture takes away from all that due to incompetent leadership and overall hostile work environment. Employees are encouraged to undercut and demean each other in meetings. The staff turnover rate is very high. The stress level is high and you are given no support. those in leadership are constantly absent and unavailable yet when something goes wrong they are quick to point fingers. I wouldn't recommend working at PACE. Not sure how other centers are like but my experience was awful.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
poor/dsyfunctional leadership
Incredibly Negative Enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 8, 2016
PACE Orange Academic Manager and Office Manager work to create a negative work environment. They work to destroy team efforts and the great work that should occur with the girls. They manipulate staff and girls with negativity and lies. The corporate office knows this and does nothing to change it. Many staff members have left and continue to want to leave because of these two individuals.
Pros
Working with girls
Cons
Very negative work enviroment!!
Pace Center for Girls
Internship (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 1, 2016
Pace Center for Girls is an outstanding non-profit center that dedicate their time and service to little girls who can not attend a public or private school. The service is amazing and the values they share are expressed through their skills. The girls are challenging, but building relationships with them is the key to success.
Pros
Great customer service and care for the girls
Cons
Resources
Poor example of role models
Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce flaJune 26, 2015
Counseling troubled girls. I have learned that even the most troubled girl can be successful. The management at pace lacked the administrative skills to manage the staff and the girls.

My co workers there was dedicated to helping each girl achieve her goals.The hardest part of the job was the stress that I experienced from the management style.

The enjoyable part was seeing that girls develop the necessary skills to move to the next phrase in their lives.
Pros
Helping girls that are in trouble
Cons
Short term position
Great workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2015
While at PACE, I learned that I really wanted to work with nonprofits, especially benefitting youth. The staff was incredible, and really enjoyed working with and helping the students at the Center.
Corporate does not value good employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange/OrlandoApril 28, 2015
The negative environment and unprofessional office manager, academic manager and corporate mekes things difficult for the girls. There is a negative environment 24/7. The staff do not work together, therefore at the end of the day, the PACE mission and vission is not practice at this center.
Pros
helping girls to be succesful in life
Cons
unprofessional, unethical academic manager, corporate team do not care about the girls
Fun, Challenge and rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 1, 2014
I love working at PACE, and I feel it is very rewarding in helping many girls who have been through many difficult situations. I substituted for 7 periods throughout the day and had one period for planning period. Each class I will follow the lesson plan that the teacher provided. I then instructed throughout the period and assisted the girls during the time allotted.
great place for internship/ entry level experience
Social Services MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 14, 2014
helpful staff, loving students- tough love environment. Best environment for internship
Great fast paced, helping girls
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleApril 8, 2014
As a counselor PACE was very rewarding, it can be high stung and stressful at times, and emotional
Pros
several fun days, great relationships
Cons
year round school- highly emotional students
Learning environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 25, 2014
Learning environment. Full time year round school. No summers off
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
some issues
PACE is a small girls school. I really enjoy working there.
Academic Manager and Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 15, 2013
PACE is a fast paced environment. It is a joyful place to work because you are working at helping girls attain their goals. I learned many ways to deal with difficult students in order to help them become successful when they returned to school. Out of all the jobs I have ever had, my co-workers were the best. The hardest part of the job was dealing with federal, state and local requirements that seem to change randomly. It was difficult, but not impossible. The most enjoyable part was seeing girls change before your eyes.
Pros
emotionally rewarding
Cons
overworked
Amazing organization with a fantastic mission!
Special Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2013
PACE Center for Girls is a gender responsive program that serves at risk girls 12-18 through therapeutic and academic services. As a special projects manager I manage the volunteer program and community outreach efforts that engage civic groups and corporate volunteer groups that support PACE through volunteer services such as event support, tutoring, advocacy, and fundraising.
An environment that makes a difference for girls which I enjoyed being part of.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FloridaJune 30, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Pace Center for Girls and believe I would still be there except for an injury with which I was no longer able to preform my responsibilities.

The most satisfying and enjoyable part of the position was my being able to make a difference.
Pros
interacting with the girls
Cons
injury
Absolutely love what I do
Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2013
My social service team is great and I absolutely enjoy being around them. I have a great Social Service Manager that absolutely cares about her team. She is very professional.
Pros
love working with the girl's
Cons
management team unprofessional
Internship
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Ft. LauderdaleApril 24, 2013
Worked with the diversion program within the agency. Conducted intake assessments and ran psycho educational groups.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pace Center for Girls. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8