Pace Industries Employee Reviews

Great place to be
Any (Current Employee) –  Loyalhanna, PASeptember 11, 2016
Pace is the first place I have been that cares about personal safety outside of work as well as workplace safety. This is the first company I have seen that has chaplains available corporate wide, as well as on site health clinics for its employees.

The nature of the business isn't the cleanest, but it sure feels like a family.
Pros
Family friendly, safety, wellness
Cons
lower pay than the rest of the area, low 401K match
Very much like a prison.
Summer Hire (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJuly 15, 2016
Typical day at work was whatever tedious jobs they could find us.
I learned how a dye casting plant works.
Management was very prejudiced.
Coworkers made the best of the situation and it helped time pass.
Hardest part of the job was the smell.
Most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Pros
regular 1, 2, 3 shifts.
Cons
The prejudice and blatant racism.
Job work/LIfe balance
CNC Operator/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIMay 27, 2016
For the most part my supervisor was very engaged with our crew, as a result work was enjoyable. Great atmosphere to work in I learned a lot working for Pace. Quality and precision was my main focus; I learned to think of myself as the customer, which was a strategy I used when trying to satisfy our vendors.
Pros
Chaplains, Potlucks and Perkplus discounts
Cons
Mandatory overtime 7 days a week
productive work place Good all around
Finish department/ Robot operator (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARMay 1, 2016
Working here was very enjoyable, most days I woke looking forward to going in. enjoyed my position co-workers and management staff usually was on top of any problems that arose. very physical but well worth being tired as you were compensated well. hours are good and can fit most schedules.
Cons
very hot work enviroment during summer
Positive work environment
Die Cast Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIApril 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working in such a great work environment with great co -workers. It was always a fast paced environment but you would always be helped if needed. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to be cross trained to work in other departments so that you can advance when the time became available. I really learned a great deal about die - casting and the quality of each piece that was made at the job.
Pros
flexibility
fun place tonwork
WAREHOUSE AND DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 28, 2016
arrive early
check shipping equipment
check and maintain inventories
contact customer
contact corporate office
do daily inventory
hire and fire help
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Runs smoothly
Secondary Parts Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIMay 16, 2016
Pace was a good employer. I'd go back. They always have a lot of work and I really like how much over-time is available. They have advancement opportunities and a good working environment.
Pros
cookouts
Cons
no smoking policy
Former maintenance technican
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  North Billerica, MAFebruary 15, 2016
Be very careful when accepting a job offer from this company !
they will low ball you and try to get you in the door
I would not recommend working for this company at all
Pros
Cons
the company, that place is a death trap
Belt Sander/ Floater (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARApril 10, 2016
I felt as if my job wasn't good enough for the company. I felt like they were constantly breathing down my neck for no reason.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Pace was a great place to work
Floater/ trim press (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARDecember 1, 2015
When I was put on medical leave this company took great care of me. They are a wonderful company to work for.
Management was awesome, I remember the VP of the company would come down on the floor and was a down to earth individual we were treated like a friend, coworker, he learned from us as we learned from him, he would listen to us and ask us how we can make the work place more productive, and work for management as well as the employees.
Hardest part of the job was when the parts were stacked taller than me and weighed more than me with the added card board, but it ended up giving the co-workers a good laugh.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with, I could not have asked for a better environment to work in.
Pros
management, employees
Cons
cold winters, hot summers but then again those could be pros as well

Want to know more about Pace Industries?

Ask a question
nice place to work
truck driver/28ft box truck (Former Employee) –  hammond laDecember 28, 2015
pick up load at 6pm 5 days a week finish delivery by 5am that morning rain or shine,i learn how to deal with people. great co workers, the hardest part of my job was unloading my delivery where i had to pull a pallet jack through rocks sometimes mud and dirt hated that
Bad Management
trimmer (Former Employee) –  1600 7th ave Grafton,WIJanuary 13, 2016
All the managers have bad people skill. If you just want to just have a job, you may like it. Your breaks are when they feel like making you go, never on some kind of set time.
Pros
work
Cons
All of the company
Great place to work, would still be there if it had not closed.
Lead Melt Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe City, MOAugust 12, 2015
Typical day was hot and demanding. Learned ho to run a spectrometer and how to alloy metal. Management was so so and the co workers were all easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the heat and the best part of the job was the heat also.
Pros
The heat and the people.
Cons
lots of overtime
Great benefits! great company!!
Lead Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work! great pay as well! They cared about you and your family. I would go back to work there if I did not have to travel!!
Pros
days off
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  harrison, arOctober 12, 2015
fast paced industrial job. aluminum die cast. watch out for the forklifts. dont know something just ask someone. get good boots with good insoles and good detergent to get the dust off your cloths
One of the few magnesium die casting companies in the US
Trim Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNJanuary 31, 2015
Report to assigned machine for the day. Look over work instructions. Ensure machine is prepped for the day's work. Operate the machine to produce quality parts and troubleshoot to maintain quality standards.
I have learned it's essential to work to uphold safety protocols and company standards.
The hardest part of the job is prototyping new parts.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the troubleshooting aspects.
Productive workplace
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  North Billerica, MAJune 13, 2015
Everyone is always willing to help another out making sure that everything get done correctly and timely. You are expected to work on your own and keep up with everything. Management does need to be organized differently.
Dirty, unorganized, poor management.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 15, 2014
First day got cussed at by a fellow coworker and no disciplinary action was taken.

Upper management is very slow or uncooperative in making changes in the company.

The workplace was very dirty, I mean it's a die cast company but still. The Quality lab was dirty unorganized and the CMM has oil leaking from the air lines.

Machining is more concerned about quantity than quality. Supervisor at the time did not want to fix things. Often times machinists seem to be more qualified.
Pros
there were a few good people left when i left the company.
Cons
i just don't see any long term benefits with this company, the whole organization is too old fashioned and will be out competed.
Good place to learn...
Quality Engineer in Automotive Accounts (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIDecember 16, 2013
Pace is a good place to learn. Unfortunately, most of the time is spent fire fighting. Little time is available for planning and self development. At Pace, you develop by encounter problems after one another. Management are good at various level, but can be frustrating because not everyone is on board with the same ideas and pace.

Lots of senior talents to learn from. This can be a good or bad thing.
Pros
learning through troubleshooting
Cons
too much issue, all the time!
A productive company with great products.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
Everyday is different and you just work as you go. Learning how to deal with everyday new challenges. I love how management multi-task everyday challenges. My co-workers are very friendly and helpful in times of need. The hardest part of the job is trying to get more work done when you don't the proper tools to do your job. The most enjoyable part of the day is 2pm when I know I have 1 1/2 to go before my day ends.
Pros
hours are great!
Cons
benefits not that great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pace Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9