Pace Payment Systems

Pace Payment Systems Employer Reviews

Outside sales, no office time
Account Executive (Former Employee), Addison, TXJune 12, 2014
Cons: waste of gas and time
The company itself doesn't seem bad but the pay system is extremely slow and once paid you will be let down by the amount compared to the amount you were initially told about in the interview. Being outside sales and using my personal vehicle, I was told I would receive compensation for gas in a Monthly Gas Allowance program set up through the company. I was then told AFTER I was hired that the gas allowance is received after 10 (ten) merchant accounts are set up through the company. I was told by a recruiter that the leads generated by the company are warm. After I left my job back in Chicago due to this "great opportunity" as advertised, I quickly realized that I was not receiving warm leads, and in fact the company doesn't actually provide a true "warm" lead. It is outside sales B2B. Essentially cold calling but in the field in person. Compensation for sale was half of what I was told by company. I was also told I was going to receive a $2,500 sign-on bonus if I accept employment, which never happened. Terrible employer in all honesty. I would never recommend this company to anyone unless you like to drive around on your own dime for nothing.
Great opportunity, No Sales Model, No Help from management.
Team Leader (Inside Sales Manager) (Former Employee), Addison, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: good pay, great commision, advancement oppurtunity
Cons: no help, no defined sales process, no stucture.
I was recruited by Pace based off my success at my previous employer Encore, to help assist in galvanizing a brand new sales channel for the processing industry. This was a great opportunity for me as a young business professional to get in with a company on the ground floor for room to advance. I was then laid off due to Pace not meeting its goals and quotas prior to me being there. There were tons of back office loose ends that were out of my control. Due to retrenchment from Pace i was let go to eventually find out that there were other, more experienced inside sales managers released as well.
Awesome AT FIRST...
sales rep (Former Employee), texasJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: make it sound good
Cons: never got paid, have to wait until the actual equipment is activated before you are paid, no back office, no way to track your sales through them, no agent updates or information, lies just to keep the rep and merchant hanging on a line
You will never get paid. unlike most companies they tell you wait to get paid until the actual equipment is activated, not when you make a sale and sign the paperwork. That should have been a first red flag. Then two weeks later after being lied to continuously that the equipment would be there in two days then three then four well sorry the deal fell through. And agents have no way to track anything with their sales or orders or merchants. Its really unorganized and like I said hopefully you actually get paid eventually.
Productive and friendly enviroment
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Addison, TXDecember 5, 2013
Challenge type of job but also was also flexible .
Sorry our department had to close down
Not a very good place to work
Account coordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 24, 2013
Pros: make your own hours
Cons: they lie frequently
Slow Paying and when they do pay its a lot less than advertised in preemployment
Great company to work for till management changed
VP of In-Direct Sales and Market Development (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 2, 2013
easy going and good atmoshpere at first; management changed and now its a pressure cooker where management hires friends and family
Productive workplace with a diversified staff of highly trained individuals
Operational Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: paid medical/dental coverage, 100% match on 401k up to 3% of contribution
Cons: continious changes, poor communication between the department managers
The Texas location for Pace Payments is a Sales office, involving B2B Telemarketing and Outbound Inside Sales with a total of 30 employees. As the Operational Manager, i offered detailed support and execution of new verticals, strategic plans, and sales support. As the Systems Engineer, my focus was on new development of product offerings and procedures for Operations in California. This required working with Senior Management Team in Sales, Partner Relations, Development Director, and Operations Manager in California. Each member demonstrated high expertise in their departments and provided viable information to reach our goals.