Pace University

Pace University United States Employee Reviews

Challenging and fun environment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: vacation, food, learning environment
Cons: tight office space, compensation
Started working here recently and thoroughly enjoying it. I think the university has made big changes for the better. My current position is great. I get a lot of support from my team, department, and provosts.
Productive Work Environment
Operations Supervisor, Ed Media Department (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 23, 2015
Typical day was setting up equipment for classes. Recording videos of events and webcasting.
Excellent work environment, great co-workers.
Wonderful ezra curricular activities
Executive Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 15, 2015
Loved being part of the P.A.C.E Board organization. A great learning experience & chance to be part of successful on campus events. Got to meet a lot of people as well as celebrities.
PRODUCTIVE
Head Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
the management here was very considerate and understanding. They worked with my flexible schedule and was always available to help when necessary.
The interaction with faculty, staff, and parents provided an opportunity to learn from and serve different groups of people.
Communications Generalist, Independent Contractor (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYJanuary 27, 2015
I was able to set my own hours and work from home. A lot was accomplished remotely. Once a month, I met with the Executive Director and the Board. The hardest part of the job was trying to find supporters of the Center for Literacy Enrichment. While under the umbrella of the School of Education, the Center is a non-profit organization with scarce resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was writing a compelling story about the Center's mission and goals--to teach children and young adults how to read. When like-minded organizations and individuals responded favorably to our request for funding, my coworkers and I were joyous.
Productive and Educationial
President of G.S.A - Treasurer of WPAW (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 12, 2015
I highly enjoyed my time at Pace University. It was the time of my life.
Friendly, supportive environment
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: fully paid sessions including paid lunch time (and if the day ends earlier than predicted, we still are paid the full amount of hours that we were booked for).
Cons: cold exam rooms at times, and occasional boredom during the long general exam days.
I work part-time as a Standardized Patient with Pace University, at their lower Manhattan campus as well as in Pleasantville, NY (Westchester County). I was hired in fall of 2012 to help train medical students by acting in various kinds of scenarios. I may portray a mother or other relative of a patient who I feel is not being properly taken care of; or I may be asked to present one more symptoms that the student must then try to diagnose; or I could just be a "warm body" that is used to test students' knowledge of the proper steps for, say, a general neurological exam.
I have learned to appreciate more fully the standards that medical students must strive to meet, and the extreme volume of information that they must learn and retain in their training.
The hardest part of the job is remaining patient (no pun intended!) during full days when I am undergoing repeated exams, which tend to start feeling rote and slow as the day goes on.
The most enjoyable part of the job, aside from knowing that I am helping to prepare tomorrow's health professionals, is the very pleasant, supportive vibe among the staff and my fellow actors.
The pay level is reasonable, and I find this a very amenable way to earn part-time income.
My only real complaint is that through no fault of Pace, the months of work are essentially limited to the academic semesters, so there are gaps in which work is not available.
No overtime
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 28, 2014
Good economic value. Higher Education environment is unique. Working with many qualified people in positions that require much contact with various departments.
Great place to learn while helping others
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
Working alongside academic advisors to assist students with advisement needs.
provided real world experience
Assistant student Project Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 6, 2014
provided students with tasks they would deal with in their professional life.
The people are great but management needs improvement
Part Time Clerical, Financial Aid Office (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
There are three campuses and NYC has the most student but it is the campus with the least assistance from upper management.
Learning experience
Graduate Assistant - Marketing, NY (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Learnt about different ways of research and working in tems
Creative and open environment to educate nursing students.
Simulated Patient (Former Employee), Fulton StreetSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: gracious students, excellent training program
Cons: cold exam rooms
I get a script, learn the lines then role play in an actual exam room and get diagnosed with various ailments.
I have learned about my health.
The best part of the job is being able to act and getting paid for it.
The hardest part is getting 5 scripts and having to learn them immediately.
Exciting and fun workplace that focuses on Lawyer development
Guest Lecturer to Law Students (Current Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pave University and I created a program that focuses on the art of storytelling for the lawyer. Pace University's administration is incredibly supportive of the program.
Higher Ed
Lead Web Services Specialist (Current Employee), Briarcliff Manor, NYSeptember 6, 2014
Student Standpoint: Great job
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
As I was a student worker, I can't say too much from a professional standpoint. My boss was great and was actually knowledgeable of the position I worked in (PC Support). My coworkers were really cool as well and made it a great place to work.
Great place to teach and learn!
Adjunct Faculty Member, Political Science (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: lots of funding for innovation, supportive co-workers
Cons: space could use updating
Great place to work as adjunct. The department chair is supportive, and there are many opportunities to do more, learn more, show more and become a better instructor
Highly professional staff and place with lot of growth oppertunities
Student Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2014
Very good place to conduct research in which ever area of computer science of Information technology that interests you. The professors are very supportive and encouraging. I like the work environment, it is very laid back yet motivating that really helps the students and employees to bring the best out of them.
Was an interim job as I completed my advanced degree for Mental Health
Fulfillment Center Supervisor (Former Employee), pleasantville nyJuly 14, 2014
I enjoyed supervising my staff. Working as part of a team is tremendously satisfying to me no matter what the end goal is.
Productive and Professional Enviornment
Student Assistant Secretary (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at Pace University. I couldn't have asked for better supervision. I have gained great skills that I will use in all aspects of my life. I am grateful for this work experience.

1 2 3 4