Pace University Employee Reviews

costume shop employee
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2017
Loved my time in the Pace university costume shop. I had the best boss you could have asked for. i did this as my work study in school and it allowed me a vast amount of experience while working with my schedule. My time in the shop because of my manager was impeccable and I got paid 11.00 an hour which is good for a work study through pace. The knowledge I left with was impeccable.
Pros
shop manager
Great Workplace with Supportive Senior Staff
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
The staff members of the Office of Housing and Residential Life are very experienced, and are always on your side as long as you prove yourself to be a hard worker.
Mortola Library Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJuly 1, 2017
Very laid back environment with a friendly staff. Typically most of the customers know what they're looking for or doing already. The hardest part is staying cool with snippy students.
Pros
Relaxed setting
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work.
Adjunct instructor, Department of Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJune 27, 2017
Great place to work. Very nice environment with colleagues who are willing to help you with project and items you are working on. I would suggest Pace as an employer as they are a really nice institution to work for..
University job
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJune 25, 2017
While at my time at this establishment my boss I thought was very firm but fair. He had very clear outlines as to what he expected out of his employees. This lead to a very organized workplace and I understood what was expected of me if I was to work there.
Pros
Ideal work location
Fun work place
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2017
Pace provided a great learning experience where students and professors collaborated together in a fun, and safe environment. I recommend this school to any prospective students.
Fun working and learning at Pace University
Educational Media - Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
Working at Pace University was a good experience. The work culture is friendly and appreciative. Support from senior staff is upto the mark. Learning new work was not difficult for me at Pace University.
Great
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
I have the most amazing co-workers and my boss is extremely understanding of class schedules and other obligations. School comes first and this position agrees.
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2017
You get real life work experience and most of the jobs available allow you to help out and aid your fellow classmates, whether you've met them before or not.
For the academic minded
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
If you are looking to further your education, or find an inexpensive way to put your kids/family through a good college, and like lots of available time off, working for Pace is a good option. The salaries are lower for the area, but if you take advantage of the free tuition, it balances the compensation.

You get copious amounts of time off awarded to you. Being able to take it might be challenging in certain departments.

Don't let the idea of working for higher education being less pressure fool you here. They are interested in results. If you are staff, be prepared to have older computer equipment and software. In 2017, I was still using Win 8 and SQL 2008R.
Pros
Education and time off
Cons
Low salary, technically behind the curve
Its desk
Student (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 11, 2017
Working at the ITS desk at Pace University(PLV), is an easy job since you are allowed to do your homework. The boss is very nice and understanding if you need days off. Furthermore, it is very comfortable to be working at the library.
Pace review
Student positions (Former Employee) –  163 William StMay 10, 2017
It was a great experience to grow and learn with my time here at Pace University. It has provided me with the security of good jobs while being able to focus on school work.
Tutor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2017
Please be advised that while working with this particular demographic is rewarding, you will NOT be paid until the end of the program in August. You will be required to work for two to three days in the last week of June for registration. The job begins July 5th.
Pros
Intelligent and intrinsically-motivated students.
Cons
If you need a reference from the director, I suggest you ask someone else who will do it for you willingly and in a timely manner.
decent workplace
Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NY 10570April 30, 2017
The university setting was nice, semi laid back and progressive. Research opportunities were sparse, too few opportunities for advancement in the field of science.
Pros
decent workplace
Cons
little compensation
Very rewarding job
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
Taking notes for Pace University is a very rewarding job. In class I take notes normally and submit them online directly after. I know that other people are looking at my notes so I make sure they are the best they can be. Its a good feeling to know that others are thriving off something that I provided.
Pros
Great job with great benefits
Cons
Deadlines are strict
A Great Community for All students, staff and faculty
Student Solution Center OSA Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
Active citizenship and social responsibility extends to all areas of the university community. Pace’s faculty and staff lead by example. The University offers you amazing opportunities to expand your intellectual landscape, to stimulate your scholarly curiosity, and to engage in professional experiences blended with academic learning that is unrivaled in the field of liberal arts higher education.
Networking matters
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2017
The day i joined it was really a energy booster for me and fun learning tasks in the university , where i get to meet so many new people and different diversity and culture.
You get to know the work culture on campus and the good thing about working in a diverse university is that you get to meet so many people, networking is what i call.
So many opportunities
Student Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
Pace University is somewhat magical! It has several opportunities for everyone, there's always something going on for all students. It's a clean, safe and hard working environment.
Supportive Nonprofit Environment
Donor Stewardship Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
Supportive, mission-oriented, not-for-profit working environment. Easy work-life balance, opportunity to delve deep into the history of the University and its community of donors.
Pros
University cultural events
Cons
High turnover
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2017
Awesome School and Work Schedule balance. Everyone is fun and the supervisor is very understanding, he always walk around sometimes to motivate us all