Pace University Employee Reviews in United States

Fun & Fast Paced
Student Activities Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYAugust 17, 2016
I learned so much about leadership working at Pace University. I learned about team work and putting others first. I met a great group of leaders.
Terrible Work Conditions & Compensation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
I formerly worked there for over three years in Admissions. I learned a lot but this institution would good after highschool to gain experience while pursuing degree not someone more seasoned. There is no union so if issues arise with management or with others within, you have no protection. The students can be hard at times but they're great overall. Very stressful. Ended up having health issues due to the office atmosphere. If seeking employment, ask all questions about what the job will require daily. Many were tricked with what the job would require in the interview process.
Pros
10-12 paid holidays including a week off paid in December
Cons
No union, compensation, office environment
Academic environment, full of inspiration
Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
Working at Pace University Tutoring Center after class is a life-learning experience. I met tutors who are also motivated to expand their knowledge of specific fields and willing to help students. A bi-weekly meeting is held to update tutors for better tutoring approaches. Tutors also get their knowledge refreshed by explaining terms and concepts.
A Good Place to Start
Assistant Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2016
There was a lot to learn about computing systems and networks, but unfortunately I only learned from one person. The Professors all seemed lackadaisical when it came to cooperating in the analysis of their machines and became furious if things were not fixed within the hour.
Pros
Free Lunches, Moderate Benefits
Cons
Poor Staffing
Friendly environment to work and learn
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Many different courses and good environment to work, learn and enjoy the great campus. I learned various courses but my interest was in Database and my co- workers were very friendly and the team was very supportive in various programs we did. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was very relaxing surrounding and fun.
great environment
Graduate Academic Advisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
The work environment provides you with hands on experience that you will need in order to become a professional in the nearby future.
Pros
work experience
Cons
na
Positive experience
Football Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYMay 21, 2016
-Internship that got me good working experience. I worked in the football department and assisted them with daily needs
Exciting work environment
STUDENT-ATHLETE (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 15, 2016
Easy to get along with other guys, fun experiences, and safe environment. A typical day was working out and prepping for weekend opponents. I learned to take on a leadership role at my position to give the other guys a person to look up to for guidance.
Very easy going place to work, work pace picks up during periods when fall and spring semesters are in session.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
I worked at Pace University as a Student Assistant, to fill in my work study for financial aide. A typical day at work would require carrying out requests from students and faculty, processing and copying documents, answering inquiries from student through email, and advising some students. The hardest part of the job is handling the influx of students at some parts of the semester. the most enjoyable parts of the job was getting to know some of coworkers and working together to hold some events.
Best Job for a college student
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYApril 30, 2016
In this job, you get paid even while studying. It is perfect for people who have a large credit load. I recommend students to work here
Pros
paid to do homework
Cons
minimum wage
Great school with questionable supervisors.
Basketball Camp Counselor, Athletic Department (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYApril 13, 2016
A good place for kids, however there is questionable management. Pay did not compensate for the work done. Management took advantage of labor.
Easy to be a note-taker
Paid Note-Taker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2016
I am a paid-note taker at Pace University and it's a very easy job and gives balance to work and school--so it's barely even a job--but they are slow when it comes to pay checks.
I enjoy my work. supervisor is very helpful.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2016
Workplace is very good. I enjoy my work. I made webpages for pace university. Co-workers and supervisor are very helpful. Used Html , CSS, JavaScript for webpages. Work on Excel sheet.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
I learn a lot from this job.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I researched on the visual robot project using C++, OpenCV and PhysX in Linux (Ubuntu) System. In which I developed a 3D real-time vehicle game demo through modifying the makefiles and source codes of PhysX samples. Trained and implemented Haar cascade classifiers for vehicle detection using OpenCV.
Constructive Work Environment
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
At Pace University I was given clear job expectations as well as room to grow into a young professional. They were able to scaffold my success as a Resident Advisor while balancing my academic career as well.
The good and the bad
Assistant Director of Student Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2015
The good: Great place to start a career, you can learn a lot from mentors. Very well work-life balance. Great benefits.

The bad: No advancement opportunities, not a lot space to grow.
A great place to start your professional career
Development Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
Pace University offered me many opportunities to learn about the development field, build my professional experience and network with influential and successful alumni in the NYC area.

A typical day of work included the daily scheduling of meetings and prospect visits for the VP of Development, reconciling business cards and travel expense forms for the office, organizing office team building activities and the daily prospect management in our development database.

During my time at Pace I learned the importance of promptness and professionalism in the field of development and how important they are to effective fundraising. I also learned how to work as a team player, being a resource for training, assistance and guidance for the new members of our team.

Management struggled to show investment in their employees and during my 2 years at Pace I saw much talent leave. Our office had an average of 1 person leave per month. In the 2 years I was there, 24 colleagues came and went. Much of this turnover was due to a feeling of being unappreciated and undervalued by management.

My co-workers were all wonderful, hardworking and intelligent people. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting my colleagues with projects large and small, and the natural team building effect this had.

The hardest part of my job was understanding the relationship between myself and our VP of Development, being her primary scheduling assistant, yet not having the access to her that I needed to guide me in making decisions. I was forced to field questions with my direct supervisor,
  more... the Operations Manager, and ask for her judgement. This was an obstacle that I had learned to manage, but which was a constant source of quite frustration for myself.  less
Pros
Great benefits, hardworking team, competitive pay
Cons
Management, lack of professional development opportunities
Healthy, productive school environment
Teacher/Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2015
Working in two research labs and interning at the United Nations all while taking a full course load to receive my masters in psychology I learned so much more then I dreamed in a multitude of environments. Pace provided a safe yet challenging work environment.
Love it
Production Assistant for Untitled Web Series B (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
Working on shows at pace university is a new experience for me and thus far has been wonderful. everyone has been great to work with.
Fun place to work
Student Assistant for Dean for Students (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYOctober 26, 2015
Supportive management
Interesting
Professional setting
Personally grow and develop.
Busy days