PACE Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work, especially if you are young and cheap
Unidentified (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Great people, excellent culture, nice as a stepping stone to something else. Small pay increases; tough to get ahead unless you are young, cheap and inexperienced but also awesome. Evolving company frequently hires from the outside to fill perceived needed roles and offers no training to existing staff who would like to learn/grow/advance.
Pros
Pick your hours; food trucks; the availability of Keurig machines
Cons
Consistently late annual reviews; expensive benefits; small pay iincreases
This high school provides an alternative to the typical large high school setting while allowing credit recovery and /or early graduation.
Receptionist/Attendance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 7, 2016
I love working at this school! It's never monotonous or slow-paced, and I am part of a much bigger picture - educating students. PACE specializes in preparing them for the next phase of their lives in addition to earning a diploma. I am proud to be a small part of the enormous role our staff play in molding kid's lives.
Great job but has its downsides
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 4, 2016
PACE is a fantastic place to work. Its fast paced and you are never bored. I've learned to work with all kinds of different kids and have learned a lot about what goes into running an after school program. The only down side to PACE is the hours, they are very inconvenient and make setting up a school schedule very difficult. The location of my school is also very far from where I live.
PACE is a great model to support families caring for their elderly.
Clinic RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 18, 2016
PACE is an Adult Day Ctr with the Participant (PRT) being transported by van from/back to home, breakfast and lunch provided along with recreation therapy in Day Ctr. Adjacent is clinic where the PRT's Physician and pharmacy are located. Social work, PT/OT and Home Care also @ PACE and part of the Interdisciplinary Team.

As RN in the clinic: triage acute walk-ins, perform semi-annual assessments, contribute to Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each PRT. Provide treatment as ordered, education to PRT and their family on treatments, medications or other concerns about PRT.
Worked with professionals in multiple disciplines of care and found them to be compassionate and exhibiting real 'care' for PRTs.

Hardest: Everything listed above can become overwhelming to provide.
Best: contact with PRTs and working with some very special people.
Not a very good place to work
Internal Care Management Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2016
call center currently closing down at this time as are many due to outsourcing of main client
not a fun job
horribly slow equipment
always forced to lie to customers
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Horrible work culture, no recognition, favoritism
Job work/Life Balance
Full-time Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 29, 2016
No job work or life balance. Unable to take time off unless scheduled months in advance.

PACE is a good place to work except I believe that management should take into account personal time needed for last minute activities.
Productive and fun environment with kids
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMay 27, 2016
Typical day at work would include scheduling outdoor activities, ensuring all children ate dinner and completed all homework assigned for the day.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No full time hours available
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 14, 2016
the best company in the world.The best company in the world. my main job was to help out people who are hungry to obtain what ever food they desire.
worked at my own pace
personal care asistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILApril 6, 2016
I liked being an personal assistant because you work at your own pace you set your own schedule.and you get to pick who you are willing to work for that way your not set up with someone who you cant handle.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
never a problem with getting paid.
The assignment was with a well known corporation with horrible management
B Tier 2 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2016
Several temps that started at the same time all quit at the same time, THAT is a red flag as the management was awful very unprofessional
Get place to work
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 1, 2016
It was a great place to work till their system started changing and they got rid of 95 percent of their senior agents
I had a six (6) month Independent Contractor contract to catch Pace up with Capital procurements.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 8, 2015
This was a nice job that management would let me only work eight hours per day compared to my previous position with the CTA. I had worked at Pace 21 year at Pace before so I knew quite a few associates from day one; very nice.

I completed catching up with their back log of Capital (Federally funded) procurements one day before my six month contract ran out.
Pros
It was nice working with old friends and the latest version of Oracle
Cons
It was a great experience that lasted for 6 months.
Fun and rewarding
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 31, 2016
I love this company and working here is rewarding. I enjoy working with disabled and mentally challenged persons. the flexibility and dependability on the company is the main reason I have devoted so much time and care.
Horrible place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2014
The management here sucks. They only care about themselves. The supervisors are lazy and never want to take sup calls. They actually have tier 1 agents takethe calls and pretend to be supervisors. They ended up giving new people that started a raise and us employees who had been there for years were excluded. Supervisors lie to make their reports sound good. The tools we need to work are constantly going down every day so its hard to work. I would not recommend anyone to apply here!
Cons
bad management
Fun place to work for
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 9, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Especially if you love people and love driving. The best part of this job is the opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Hectic work schedule.
Hardworking evironment with good benefits.
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 5, 2015
Pace has a strict policy but good benefits. The atmosphere is very positive and clean. Typical work day is grueling but it makes the time go by. Management is fair and sticks to the policy with no favoritism.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No cons
always an interesting place to work
Pace Business Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 3, 2015
there was never a dull moment at that place. we'd get calls from all types of people ranging from the calm and collect, irate and furious, presumably misinformed, to the "my internet's out, i demand compensation!"
Pros
co workers and supervisors were top notch
Cons
no time to take a breath in between calls
this is awesome company
Patient Account Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 10, 2015
its a great company its help me expand my knowledge in the medical field the staff is friendly. I was able to learn another part of insurance billing .and would recommend using them again.
Pros
found me a job close to home
Cons
the contract is almost up and not another job lined up
Good place to work for money not so good for job security
Technical support (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 29, 2015
Liked working there for the money and the fact that it was a simple job. Didn't like the fact of lack of job security. Answering phones was the easiest part of the job. The supervisors were great to work with. Customers were difficult most of the time but there were some that made my day.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
strict breaks lack of job security
This is my personal business.
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Wylie, TXOctober 26, 2015
I have several contracts that I work for at the moment. I typically make my own schedule that is conducive to obligations and my family.
Pros
I am my own boss.
Cons
I need to stay busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACE. Our community is ready to answer.