PACE Employee Reviews

Pace is out of business here in Phoenix the Call Center closed to the surprise of no one paying attention
Tier 1 and 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 20, 2017
Poor Paying, Poorly Managed, They would rather fire employees than help them advance. To the shock of no one they recently closed their call center here in the Phoenix area
Fun and rewarding
SOCIAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 11, 2017
Met with elders in the facility and at times in their homes. I learned the special needs of elders and the challenges they face as far as accessing care and navigating systems. I enjoyed seeing my patients happy and feeling relaxed because of things I was able to start up for them
Be prepared to work and work hard
Driver/Professional Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2017
This is a company that will either make or break you. From the demand to receive your CDL license, to training and the everyday hustle and bustle on the job; PACE will make sure you earn your paycheck. Like in other place, it is all about what you put into the job that will determine your results.
Never know how your day is going to start are end. It depends on what mood your boss is in
Adult Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJune 4, 2017
You cannot clock in early you cannot clock out late you cannot make up time there are no advancements and you never know if your job is secure or not. You cannot talk to co-workers you're treated as a child I would not recommend unless you like being stepped on.
Pros
You will love the participants
Cons
Sometimes you don't even get a break
N/a
HOME HEALTH COORDINATOR SENTARA (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 2, 2017
I was the Home Health Coordinator at Sentara Pace. I ensured Pace participants received personal care services in the home. I conducted visits to see if their plan of care changed.
Very challenging with opportunity to learn and grow professionally
Director Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
I gained experience in working in the area of Quality Improvement by collecting, analyzing, and transmitting data to CMS on quarterly basis. I learned to compile data and initiating an Excel spreadsheet that facilitated the sorting of the information obtained from patient incidents, grievances, infections reported.
Pros
Able to work indepently
Cons
Not sufficient support staff at times
Enjoyed every minute of working with families.
Billingual Family Development Advocate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2017
This is a great stepping stone but they want you to continue going to school unfortunately they don't want to pay you more. Bombarded with caseload and work.
Pros
Working with loving families who are very thoughtful and carrying
Cons
No room for growth
Not very employee friendly
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 1, 2017
Job is entirely performance based, with little regard to the human element. Employees are treated more like a piece of meat than a human being. No permanent assigned workspace.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Constant belittlement by supervisors
Intersting place to work
Cabinet Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2017
I liked dressing the cabinets I was responsible for putting drawers , doors ,baseboards, etc... On the kitchen cabinets it was fun working with the large power tools
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Short breaks
Opportunity to be able to make lifetime connections
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2017
This internship really was able to make connections with other individuals around the school and really developed my networking skill. This also helped better my communication skills
Great Chain Of Gas Stations In South Georgia
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 19, 2017
Good company to work for. I was the manager for more than three years. I learned a lot about sales and customer service. Friendly environment great customers and great people.
Pros
Not any at the moment.
Cons
Vacation time
Nursing Home with no walls
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 19, 2017
We service an elderly community and meet their needs at home. We are an IDT (Interdisciplinary Team) and we drive the care to the geriatric community in an individual holistic approach.

Our participants love how we provide service. We are their medical insurance, pharmacy, primary care physician, RN, home health aid, PT/OT, SW, dietitian, recreational therapy, and much more. We are a Program all inclusive care for the elderly. Presently we also include the participants with special needs.
Pros
Excellent Elderly Care
Cons
Participants increased enrollments vs Staffing.
Fun place to work as long as you don't care about money
Editor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2017
The atmosphere is fun and light, with plenty of perks. However, everyone I know who has left there has left because they found a job making more money. WAY more money.

You will be told there isn't enough for raises every year beyond 1–3%, and you'll be told that next year should be better. It won't be.

There will also be a lot of unanswered emails to higher-ups when you try to apply for positions that would advance your career.
Pros
Massages, free food sometimes, get to leave early day before holidays
Cons
No real respect for employees
backbreaking
Packer/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2016
monotonous routine. everyday building the same shelves. coworkers were ignorant. the best part of the day....LUNCH!
Pros
monday thru friday
Cons
working for peanuts
i loved it
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 19, 2016
Just was a good environment and good people. I was always right at home and treated with respect. They were kind understanding and more. Its a good place to work.
Fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 24, 2016
PACE is a nice place to work and it is a after school program. It is a environment fulled with kids and their different abilities and work ethics. Once you are at work your cell phone and any other electronics go away and out of sight. You will get there 30 minutes before the children are out of school, set up the lesson plan for the day, go get the kids from the hallways, they should be lined up and ready to go to the cafeteria to eat snack and start on homework. The co-workers there are very nice. If you are unable to come into work, then they will watch your kids and theirs. The day typical ranges from 2:30pm-6pm. And at the end of the week we would do this thing called student of the week. And us staff would express why we choose the student of the week. There wasn't really anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part about the program was going on field trips.
Pros
Field Trips
Cons
Hours
Fun place to work
Technical Support/ Escalations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2016
Providing excellent customer service to U-verse customers in a timely manner
Providing resolution to complex issues that customers brought to my attention.
Explained billing information to customers with billing questions. Providing credits were needed
Utilized multiple programs that were provided to me by the company to assist with any troubleshooting problems customers had.
Answered each call in a timely manner, to prevent customer's having to wait long periods to speak with a representative.
Up sell products with customers when needed. Providing options to customer that would better suit their needs.
Pros
Great management team
fair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2016
A typical day at Pace is busy and no get support team. Management needs a upgrade and the place is really dirty. They need to expand there restrooms.
Pros
get off at 6pm everyday
Cons
management bad and dirty
Not a very good place to work
Internal Care Management Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2016
call center currently closing down at this time as are many due to outsourcing of main client
not a fun job
horribly slow equipment
always forced to lie to customers
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Horrible work culture, no recognition, favoritism
fun place tonwork
WAREHOUSE AND DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 28, 2016
arrive early
check shipping equipment
check and maintain inventories
contact customer
contact corporate office
do daily inventory
hire and fire help
Pros
see above
Cons
see above