Pacer International

Pacer International Employer Reviews

A great place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Dublin, OhioSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: this company had an atm installed in the cafeteria, they had a lot of employee appreciationn days to let us know our hard work was appreciated
Cons: none...i enjoyed my job with this company
I started with this company in the Accounts Receivable department. Even though I only had a small amount of experience in this area of business and had just moved from another state when I applied for the job, this company gave me a chance to prove myself. Maintaining customer information in the database and sending out bills to customers was the main – more... thing I did. However, before mailing the bills out I had to make sure all the information was correct. I dealt with large, well known companies and my name went on the billing. There is nothing worse than sending a statement with wrong information on it to a customer. It was not only embarrassing to the company, but to me personally. If something was not right with the bill, I worked with other departments until it was corrected.
I learned that having precise and correct information BEFORE a bill gets mailed to a customer is good for business and myself. I may not be as fast in my work as others, but I pride myself in being thorough and accurate.
I would like to think that my time management is good. However, someone else may think I can do better. If this is the case, I will have them discuss with me where I can make improvements and do my best to make any necessary adjustments.
I usually get along with my co-workers. I try to resolve any issues that may arise. I've never had any issues with co-workers that couldn't be resolved in a professional manner.
The hardest part of this job was the mandatory overtime. When business was especially good, OT was part of the job. I didn't mind it, however, sometimes it was hard to schedule family functions on weekends. Mandatory OT could be an ongoing event every weekend, sometimes lasting several months straight. The money was good though.
I enjoyed working with data on computers. I would put my headphones on and get to work. If there were minimal interruptions I could put out hundreds of statements a day. With each statement I printed, I I felt like I accomplished a great deal, especially when I knew the information on them was correct. – less
Great logistics company
Mexico Account Specialist (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 31, 2014
Entry level logistics company for individuals looking to learn the industry. Great management, and training program. High levels of stress.
Management was easy to get along with and seemed concerned about their employees
Freight Bill Specialist (Former Employee), Dublin, OHApril 27, 2014
Pros: occasionally dinners or cookouts
Cons: there was not a lot of training at pacer
There was several changes in departments but I stayed as a biller and survived 5 lay offs until this year. Most of the time I got along with management and co workers. I liked matching up paperwork with invoices
Very good!
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee), Carson, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: paid was good, vacation time very good, all my benefites were very good.
Cons: to bad i could not finish my career at pds trucking.
Was happy working at PDS Trucking, people were friendly, and Management was very experience. To bad the company was bought out by XPO.I like problem solving, helping the customers out and taken care of the problem for the customer made me feel good inside. With my experience and time that I was there all aspects of the job were pretty easy for me, because – more... I built a very good relation with the customers. – less
defunct
As Project Manager (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: out of business
Cons: out of business
out of business. Was a good company to work for.Family orientated
Very family oriented company
IT Work Request Coordinator/Employee Changes (Former Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 27, 2013
A typical day at work started with answering any emails, prioritizing my work. Most important things were done first based on deadlines that had to be met.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other departments closely to ensure that my job was completed with the deadlines I had.
Good complany with benefits
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 6, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: not best work enivironment
Good stable company, benefits available, ok work environment....
Good Working Environment
Sr. MS SQL/SSRS/SSIS Developer (Current Employee), DUBLIN, OHDecember 4, 2013
Good working environment. Co-workers are very helpful. Management is good in handling the project.
The people are so positive and hard working.
Full time Summer Internship in Customer Solutions (Former Employee), Dublin, OhioAugust 14, 2013
Pros: i learned so much and made so many connections and relations.
Cons: constant delays and troubles with loads - causes stress and angry customers.
This was a two part internship -
1.) The program: We worked in groups of 3 to put together and present two presentation on the business of transportation and logistics, and worked in a group of 13 to do a case study on the company onboarding process and presented the results to the company executives.
2.) On the Job training: during my time I learned – more... how to do so many tasks, and helped multiple people every day to help lighten their work load. Everyone I worked with took the time to teach me how to do things so I fully understood what I was doing. While doing those daily tasks I constantly answered calls from dispatchers and customers pertaining to driver detention and accessorial charges.
During this time, I also managed the Whirlpool account for a short period of time while an employee was out. I managed the transportation of appliances from Mexico through Laredo, TX into the United States and Canada. – less
Very fast paced environment, stable work place
Materials Manager (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 2, 2013
I loved Pacer, just wanted to broaden my horizons. Pacer is a very fast paced environment, with many openings for advancement.
Fun and Productive.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), South Gate, CAJune 19, 2013
The time I spent in this position was the best. Friendly people. Nice and productive place not to mention very clean.
its a job
lumper (Current Employee), Lynwood, CAApril 24, 2013
its a ok job. if you have no responsebilities. people are great there but if you are a lumper you might not get your 32 hours
Like talking to the clients and collecting overdue balances
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Successs, NY 11042August 1, 2012
I did like working at Pacer the people were very friendly, in a typical day, I would ran a report to see what account was past due, call the clients with overdue balance. Some time send email as reminder, I send statements, invoices to the clients. I also post payments to the accounts, we had weekly meetting with the comptroler to report any delenquent – more... accounts so that we can decide if we should send them demand letter. or offer them a payment plan if they having a hard time. – less
Here you can learn lot of things. Nice working environment.
BI DEVELOPER/Master Data Management (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJune 18, 2012
People here are very nice and management is very nice. Here you have lots of things to learn and really a nice company to work with.
Strictly formal, by-the-book organization
Shared Service Accounting (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 29, 2012
This organization has very strictly formal values, from employee communication limitations, closely-watched hours, and other such aspects. Coworkers were friendly when allowed, but at-work fraternization of even the shortest length was very discouraged. Hiring process had a tendency to proceed slowly.
International Opportunity
Director (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NLFebruary 28, 2013
Great international business opportunity to grow skills. Company was small and grew quickly due to telecom act.