PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES Employee Reviews

Trash
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 17, 2017
This is a very poor place sorry managed completely sorry company that should be reviewed by osha and does not follow osha standards by any means and they don t care for there workers
Pros
Work
Cons
Always in the heat no water provided
Time goes by fast
Dispatcher/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 16, 2017
Arrive at 5 am in the morning and by 5:45 am it starts getting busy until 8:30 am. around 9am you touch base with your boss. About a 20 minute coversation. Basically the game plan.. Being a day labor service you work with a variety of different cultures. It is a very fast paced, detail and multi tasking job. Anything can change at anytime and you have to be able to handle it. The best part is when it quite and you can focus on your work.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Health Insurance rates kept going up every year
Very relaxed enviroment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2017
Pacesetters is a good place to refine your skills and make business connections. The company doesn't have a yearly or hourly pay scale but they do pay a daily rate.
Pros
Daily pay
Cons
Assignments are not always available.
Great learning experiences
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
The company and workers was a great environment at times but the quality of professionalism was under the standard I was lead to believe. Customer relationships and worker dedication was one of the main reason I stood on. Even thought false promises were given and bonus were never delivered I stood on due to the positive attitudes and understandings I had for my workers. "Willing to discuss in person"
Pros
Helped my managerial skills
Cons
I learn to deal with a unprofessional environment
All ways have work around the city
General Laborer (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Houston texasJune 19, 2017
Stay hydrated and always have to be aware of your surroundings and never leave the job site early or it will be hard for you to get another job with i
Pros
Food trucks
Cons
Short breaks
Good worksite
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 29, 2017
Eccentric place i have worked for good coworkers. Various jobs i done indoor place to work deal with various people and cultures excited that o had the opportunity to work for a good company which i enjoyed
Pros
Met people
Cons
Short breaks
ping pong work place cenario= application question
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 22, 2017
sounds like the ideal work enviroment right? could be pros & cons maybe thier company manufactues some physical asset of ping pong to be marketed & sold
Pros
customized ping pong balls
Cons
goodness gracious great balls of fire ha-ha lol
fun
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 10, 2017
typical work day is very long I can strongly agree with that. I have learned a lot about customer service working thee. management is very strict about everything. the most enjoyable part about working here is you meet thousands of people daily.
Pros
nice team members
Cons
too strict on certain things
it was a great job with a nice work space
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2017
The job for pacesetters was great, it was nice to work in the warehouse the employees showed me my position and how I would be doing it, and they were very patient with me when I would mess up and we were allowed to listen to music while we were working
Pros
pizza for lunch, my shift was 2p.m to 10p.m.
Cons
it would be very hot in the warehouse, and the floor would be slippery because of the pizza grease
Not recommended
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2017
While Pacesetters provides average service for the companies it holds contracts with, there is many issues with the way the staff treats the workers. Firstly most staff members are disrespectful, and utilize no common courtesy. There is no room for advancing to a better position because there are no other positions. Most jobs pay minimum wage, and there is no way to choose a better paying job. It is a random procedure of whoever comes up to the window the fastest when they call over the intercom to come forward. The building smells, people are literally living in the hall, and almost every "worker" is under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. Do not recommend unless you are in a dire situation and need money the same day.
Pros
Paid daily
Cons
No HR, highly unsanitary work hall
review
Director of Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
Not a place I would recommend. Very old fashioned and not a place for anyone who is not a young female. This is an all mans work environment. Not open to new ideas and a horrible place to be.
Job always kept me busy.
Temp Worker for Walmart (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 21, 2017
Working as a temp at Walmart, I came across rude superiors if they felt like you were not going your job good enough. If I didn't hear my name being called on the intercom, I got fussed at. Real employees of Walmart gave attitude because they felt like we were taking their jobs. There were some superiors who took their time with you and that were nice.
Pros
lunch breaks, two 15-minute breaks
Cons
Dealing with the attitudes of employees and superiors
It's very interesting
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2017
You can never say you're doing the same thing everyday. There really isn't a "typical" day. One day I am cleaning job sites while another I could be doing carpentry work, which I liked. I have been afforded the opportunity to learn new trades and gain new experiences that can help me in work and in life. Being a laborer I have been given the potential to learn trades, and to gain new interest and abilities in the work place. As for workplace culture, it changed daily because the employees changed daily. That was probably the hardest part of the job as well. It's hard to understand how to read the supervisory staff when it is not consistent. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to visualize the product of my labor. I love using tools and working with my hands. To be able to look at a garage door or window I had installed and seeing that it looked amazing was a gratifying feeling.
Pros
Work is never boring, I can learn something new every day
Cons
No benefits, low salary, no guarantee of work or schedule 1
Good place to work for the interim. Friendly Staff and very reliable.
Warehouse Worker/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
They are very thorough in checking your background and references. The assignments are sometimes long but rewarding. You can make lasting friendships and future contacts.
Pros
Reliable with paychecks.
Cons
The pay is daily but low pay.
This is not a good place to work at all..
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
Only thing about this personnel service you actually have to sit and wait on a job thats so irritating and stressful the reason I'm looking to get hired elsewhere with the experience I do have
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
Barely have breaks
Learning experience
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2017
Diverse work environments and cultures in the workplace but no job security and low pay. Also transportation was lacking but overall a good learning experience.
Day labor
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2017
Not really a dependable job because it's day labor so really day to day you never know if you'll be one of the lucky ones to get a work ticket the next morning
Company condones sexism
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 7, 2017
the leads like to power trip , ... a belt would be nice to hold up pants ( I've seen more crack then the projects in the 80s ) & they should probably do a mental Health screening test on workers Like most employers do , (they don't do it so it explains who let the weirdos in )
Pros
Good assignment
Cons
Unfortunately messed up by Little people in imaginarily high places power tripping
Bad
Temporary labor employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
Never know where you'll Work

That that don't mind sending you back home

Their don't respect their employees

They don't care who they spend to work

Having too put Up with drunks and drug addicted people

When you leave to go home
Pros
Non
Cons
Alot
Horrible place to work
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2017
The senior recruiters are very rude and not professional at all. They don't pay good and sometimes will send you to the wrong address for a job site. I will never work here again and I definitely don't recommend anyone to work for this location.
Pros
No Pro's
Cons
Unprofessional, Pay is horrible