Pacific Alliance Medical Center Employee Reviews

Hospital located in Chinatown. Emjoyed Chinese culture experiences.
Director of Medical Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Chinatown, CAFebruary 23, 2017
The hospital was located in Chinatown, surrounded by good Chinese restaurants. With a heavy Chinese patient population, It was interesting to experience culture, e.g., Chinese New Year, foods, i.e., dimsum.
Pros
It was a management position. Supportive physicians.
Cons
none.
Well structured
Manager of Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Established culture and work organization. Doctor and nurses communicate well. The medical center is small and there is not a lot of room for advancement for nurses. The turn over rate is quite high and nurse leader are held accountable for nurse retention. Nurse executive micro manage the daily operation on who should be promoted to who would be let go. Middle management do not have autonomy to do the job we were hired to do.
Pros
Well organized.
Cons
Micro management from executive level
Learned a lot
Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2017
i learned a lot from this place, it was my first clinical experience, some of the staff were very helpful making sure we understand all the procedures
Pros
Good place for my internship
Cons
don't know
The hospital is in a great location for Chinese food!
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  ChinatownFebruary 5, 2017
This hospital is a wannabe Magnet hospital. A LOT OF things would need to change to get it to that level. Unfortunately, the management micro manages you to death. Who needs that kind of stress?! Isn't being a nurse hard enough? I guess they don't think so!
Pros
Great location for Chinese food and Boba's!
Cons
Management micro manages you into the ground
Ok
Radiological Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Work is great, but it is not easy to advance because it is a small place and no one really leaves. parking is really far from the hospital and there is no shuttle.
Work ethics is very much recomendable
BOILER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90012November 24, 2016
Work schedule varied, have to cover for others who take a day off. Have maintain boiler operating efficiently. After a job is done completely well a feeling of accomplishment is exiting.
Good balance and culture
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2016
Good place to learn, good coworkers, somewhat limited due to size and lack of emergency room. Good work environment and location.
Excellent relationship
Admitting PBX Manager &Patient Relations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2016
While in a stressful environment as Health Care is, PAMC has the influence of Eastern Culture of Respect with the Western culture of service.
Pros
Great cafeteria, small family oriented hospital
Cons
parking, lack of carrer oportunities
Best boot camp HIM dept.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2015
What I love about working here is the diversity in tasks. My supervisor is amazing in believing her team and their skill set. Sometimes it can be a intense around here, especially around doctor suspension day. Where at any time your asked a rapid paced series of questions regarding why was a deficiency opened as if that particular chart is on your mind at that moment. But, it reminds you to stay on your toes.
Pros
Very little micromanagement
Cons
Intense negative energy at times.
Team work
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2015
They have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with patients, families and other team members. My record is one of increased responsibility and accomplishments. I am especially known for my professional and caring attitude towards patients and staff, being a good resource person for others, efficiency and organization, and loyalty.
Good learning institution and helpful employees to work with
Respiratory Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2015
My training starts with a few assigned patients for me to work on. I make sure patient's info are in the system so to make my rounds easier. I developed organizational skills and time management which is a very critical aspect of this field aside from decision making. I have preceptors that were highly skilled which helped me in my training. I still need additional and first hand experience and skills to be an effective Respiratory Therapist. The difficult part of my job is determining the utmost recommendation that is effective for the patient. But once a therapy I do creates a relief to my patient then I know I am helping which is the enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Lectures, free lunches
Cons
Parking
My Day AT Work
Security Ambassador (Former Employee) –  CAApril 1, 2015
Must be prominently seen, by patients, and visitors entering OB elevator lobby area. Ensure that the OB policy is carried out accordingly to visitor identifications, number of visitors allowed per patient’s room, number of visitors allowed per patient in labor and delivery and also in OB waiting room.
Maintained vigilant observation of movement of babies through the unit.
Respond to all emergency codes as appropriate. Serve as a member of the fire control team in response to “Code Red” and all other codes as appropriate.
Utilized the “pipe” patrol system to document activity by hitting a location button, every ten to fifteen minutes.
Bad Management
Urgent Care Technician/ EKG/Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Poor Patient customer care, poorly managed hospital, and old equipment. My experience is that the hospital staff do not treat people as people and that is why I think that this hospital should be reformed.
Pros
Great Experience working with Patients
Cons
Poor patient care from medical staff.
Busy work environment
Administrative Assistant & Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniJanuary 4, 2015
Attention to detail, busy phones, enjoy my co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job will be leaving the people I work with and the most enjoyable part of the job was training employees. Enjoy the healthcare industry and the people I meet.
A another great place to wor
Accounts Payable Clerk (contract) (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 21, 2014
A typical day at work is posting the invoices, calling different departments for the correct coding, matching and batching checks after check run, preparing checks to be mailed, filing, and helping different departments with the status of an invoice. My co-workers were hard working yet friendly and kind people. The hardest part of this job was when my assignment ended.
Pros
Great pay and great people
Cons
Temps do not get any benefits.
great experience
Medical assistant Front and Back (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2014
front and back office learn to work with electronic files.room the patients,prepared and administer injections,schedule appointments,check insurance elegibylity.
Pros
holydays
Cons
nice workplace, every day is a new learning experience
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2014
good coworkers. very good on patient care, enjoyed working here because of coworkers. nice and clean. good management. feels like home
active environment
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Chinatown, CAJune 30, 2014
the place is active most of the time, hardly any time to finish other things.
Pros
we got one hour lunch breaks
Cons
very unorganized and dirty
Great people to work with
Medical Surgical RN (Current Employee) –  Chinatown, CAMay 27, 2014
Love my coworkers, always busy but entertaining. Hardest part about the job will have to be dealing with all sorts of medical surgical patients and their families, but that is with any healthcare industry jobs! The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with each healthcare member and working as a team to treat and provide quality care. Treat out patients the way we want our families treated when they're sick.
Excellent hospitals facilities services.
Licensed Boiler Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angels , CaliforniaMarch 14, 2014
excellent plant and hospitals operations and maintenance services.
Pros
no free lunch.
Cons
short breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Alliance Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Alliance Medical Center Reviews by Location