Pacific Autism Center for Education Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic work environment with manipulative management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 1, 2016
This job started out fantastic. It provided the opportunity to work with kids on the Autism spectrum in a truly unique way that allowed for progress across all areas....not just academic. However, the management team began to discourage independent thought, and used fear and intimidation to force conformity and submission. There were also several questionable issues surrounding IEPs and documentation that were either illegal, unethical, or both which the management encouraged.

The management staff has little to no experience working with individuals on the spectrum but were often the first to step in to the limelight to profess their "wealth of knowledge."

During my time there I watched an alarming number of staff leave within a four-five month period, and despite repeated attempts on the part of the staff to make changes, the board refused to acknowledge the problem which ultimately led to more staff leaving, myself included.
Pros
bagel fridays, great kids
Cons
fear based environment, poor communication, poor leadership and management
Hard work with difficult management
Lead Behavior Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 28, 2014
Extremely difficult clients coupled with management who does not seem connected to the day-to-day make this a difficult position to enjoy for long.
Pros
bagel friday
Cons
over-worked
A fun place to work
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 17, 2013
Its a great place to work with special needs kids. Helping those kind of kids is really a pleasure to me because I get to learn and understand their strengths as well as their weaknesses. I also learned to be very patient and more tolerant with people.
The management and co- workers are so wonderful people who are always available when needed.
I enjoyed seeing improvements in the students' behaviors. Seeing that enable me put more efforts in my job.
Pros
they have a very good team work and leadership skills.
Cons
its a totally different path from my new career.
Mission driven organization that provides great services to individuals on the autism spectrum, their families and the community.
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 22, 2012
Having been with PACE for six years I have seen much growth and change. Some change has been positive and some a learning experience for all of the leadership group. PACE is a typical non-profit that is constantly attempting to reinvent and recreate to achieve better performance. In the past six years that I have been in a leadership position, we have had many struggles but have been successful due to the flexibility present within the environment. PACE this year is once again changing. The ever changing environment tends to cause some anxiety for some and excitement for others. The constant variable at PACE is change. Those who do not appreciate a changing and dynamic platform should probably reconsider prior to joining the team.

Overall it is a great place to be that is rewarding and exciting. There is still much room for growth and improvement and PACE will definitely achieve their vision.
Pros
flexible environment, exciting, challenges and bagel fridays
Cons
total compensation, constant change and high stress
PACE is a good place to start
One on One aide (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale CAMay 24, 2012
PACE is a fair work place to get your foot in the door when it comes to working with Autistic individuals of various ages. It can be challenging and at time frustrating, but you make a difference with your sacrifice.

2.8