Pacific Child and Family Associates

Pacific Child and Family Associates Employee Reviews

Pacific Child and Family Associates
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 28, 2015
As a clinical supervisor at Pacific Child and Family Associates, I manage a caseload of 18 clients at a time. I connect with each team weekly and prepare and manage programs that we use in therapy sessions. I interact with the parents to ensure that we are meeting their needs and they are happy with progress. School visits occur weekly to help collaborate with the team that works with the children there. I work in Fresno and the surrounding central valley area (i.e, Clovis, Sanger, Madera, Chowchilla, and Coalinga).

A typical day at work includes answering email, text messages, and phone calls from case workers, parents, and therapists on the team. Organizing schedules and team meetings. Preparing materials and programs. Daily visits to client's homes to make sure programs are being implemented correctly and the family training is occurring. Quarterly reports are written per child to update progress and plan for future learning. Assessments of client developmental levels are administered at the beginning of services and then after as needed throughout treatment to promote accuracy.

I oversee an average of 30 therapists, and manage the programs for 18 clients and their families. I work alongside seven other clinical supervisors in the central valley area. I have two clinical directors, and an execute director, that I report to weekly. One of the more challenging areas of my job is to work with families that are upset or frustrated about an issue.

Working for Pacific Child and Family Associates had been a wonderful experience. It is so rewarding to work with a child who has several behavioral issues be able to learn how to manage and work through them. I have had the amazing opportunity to help a child, who was not able to communicate, learn to talk or use other forms of communication to get their needs met. It also is so rewarding to help the families get through difficult situations, and be able to educate the community around them.
Good Company
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 25, 2014
Worked here in 2008. Relatively good company, still operating in Northern California.
Flexible Hours
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: competitive pay rate
Cons: low hours
It's an interesting place to work at, your work with your clients is rewarding. Case supervisors can be a good support.
Challenging yet rewarding workplace
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 18, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day at work because every child with autism is different. I learned new intervention techniques. Management is very supportive and appreciative. My co-workers are friendly and energetic.The hardest part of the job is staying positive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding experience of helping children build their adaptive and functional skills.
productive work place
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee), Delhi, CAMarch 29, 2013
great helping children improve their development. where i was allow to help children who suffer autism spectrum.
Good experience working with autistic children
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee), CAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low hours, not much feedback from management, no benefits
Therapists start off with only part time, although the pay is decent. You are usually assigned several kids in which you do in-home therapy, usually 1-2 hours. I learned a great of about how to deal/work with children, especially when they have disabilities. While they are sometimes hard to work with, the children are great. It is the reason why I work here. You do not see a lot of your co-workers, except the case supervisors once a week. There is not a lot of communication with the office/managers, which can be frustrating sometimes when you need to request something or make schedule changes, but they are very nice people. The best part is certainly having the freedom to run your sessions while enjoying the children. The hardest part is learning to be patient with them while doing a good job teaching them.
Very flexible job!
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAAugust 16, 2012
Pacific Child and Family is an excellent company. It provides services to autistic children all around the East Bay and other places.
Working with this company is fun and flexible. Everyday I learn new things about working with PCFA. The most enjoyable part of the job are the moments when I bring my knowledge and all I learned to my clients and see their progress.

About Pacific Child and Family Associates

Pacific Child has made two recent strategic acquisitions that have diversified our core competencies; Children's Learning Connection – Read more