Pacific Child and Family Associates Employee Reviews

PCFA- Fulfilling work with inability for balance
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 16, 2016
A day of work starts around 7 or 8am with school case conflicts or issues to attend to, and ended anywhere from 7pm or 8pm, while being on call all day. If you did your job efficiently by being available to your staff and clients, a day would last anywhere from 12-13 hours, 6-7 days a week. The work itself was fulfilling, being able to create your own programs and handle interventions with creative license. The hardest part was creating a decent work and personal life balance. Even if you were not visiting clients, you'd have to deal with writing reports, customer satisfaction, school conflicts, IEPs, being available to support staff, and working on materials for cases. This would not always be handled within business hours and work always piled up. There would be minimal time for self-care. Even management had their hands and plates just as full, so while support was present, it was not always enough. I did learn how to manage my time better.
Pros
Able to make your own schedule
Cons
Work 6-7 days a week, 10-13 hours a day
Productive and challenging work place
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 10, 2016
Currently, I am employed at Pacific Child and Family Associates, LLC., as an Applied Behavioral Therapist. I provide support to children ages 3-15 and assist in their acquisition of social significant skills in the domains of daily living, self-help, functional communication, safety awareness, and social skills. The ultimate goal is to increase the consumers’ level of independence in completing such skills so they can access their environment. I also provide training and support within the family system to help in facilitating the success of the consumer. I am teaching individuals how to develop a typical age appropriate social milieu. This involves supporting the individual learner to participate in social activities with typical individuals in the community in order to create positive and social relationships. I facilitate programming that provides individuals with countless opportunities to effectively execute skills learned from a controlled environment into a more naturalistic environment. The programs integrate and bride the skills necessary for an individual to effectively function socially in their community.
Pros
Helping children with special needs achieve their capabilities, building connections with children, families and staff.
Cons
Miscommunication between supervisors, applied behavioral therapists, and scheduling.
Not a fan of this company
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed my job, the management left a lot to be desired. There was a lot of conflicting information given, and items needed for clients were not always available.
Negative
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 15, 2015
The unfortunate experience all started with the management of this company. They have inexperienced/uneducated people running the main office. Sadly, this trickles down to the people working for them. The inadequate leadership and direction effects how people can effectively do their jobs. I will say that if you're looking to get experience in the field, it would suffice. A long term position is not a great idea.
Pros
Learn about ABA techniques
Cons
Inconsistant hours, low pay rate
Pcfa
Office Assistant/Sr. Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 14, 2015
I learned a lot from PCFA and the aspects of behavior therapy. While I was there I had a number of Clinical Directors that were very different. It was fun but not too much room for advancement with out a BCBA.
Working with Children
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 29, 2015
Great clients was the highlight of work day. Sometimes sessions would get cancelled wouldn't get replaced easily. Worked at schools and at clients' homes.
Productive and fun workplace!
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 17, 2015
A typical day at work begins at 8:30am and ends at 5pm. There's a lot of work to do but it's great because it keeps us busy. I like the management because they are human and very compassionate and understanding of various situations and circumstances. My co-workers are great people too. We enjoy working together and often go to events outside of work together. The hardest part of the job is just not being able to help all the families we serve due to a shortage of qualified applicants in the industry. The most enjoyable part is the progress that the children make with the services that we provide.
Pros
Great place to work and the people are great too
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities
Good Company
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 25, 2014
Worked here in 2008. Relatively good company, still operating in Northern California.
Flexible Hours
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 29, 2014
It's an interesting place to work at, your work with your clients is rewarding. Case supervisors can be a good support.
Pros
Competitive pay rate
Cons
Low hours
Challenging yet rewarding workplace
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 18, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day at work because every child with autism is different. I learned new intervention techniques. Management is very supportive and appreciative. My co-workers are friendly and energetic.The hardest part of the job is staying positive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding experience of helping children build their adaptive and functional skills.
productive work place
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Delhi, CAMarch 29, 2013
great helping children improve their development. where i was allow to help children who suffer autism spectrum.
Good experience working with autistic children
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 15, 2013
Therapists start off with only part time, although the pay is decent. You are usually assigned several kids in which you do in-home therapy, usually 1-2 hours. I learned a great of about how to deal/work with children, especially when they have disabilities. While they are sometimes hard to work with, the children are great. It is the reason why I work here. You do not see a lot of your co-workers, except the case supervisors once a week. There is not a lot of communication with the office/managers, which can be frustrating sometimes when you need to request something or make schedule changes, but they are very nice people. The best part is certainly having the freedom to run your sessions while enjoying the children. The hardest part is learning to be patient with them while doing a good job teaching them.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low hours, not much feedback from management, no benefits
Very flexible job!
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 16, 2012
Pacific Child and Family is an excellent company. It provides services to autistic children all around the East Bay and other places.
Working with this company is fun and flexible. Everyday I learn new things about working with PCFA. The most enjoyable part of the job are the moments when I bring my knowledge and all I learned to my clients and see their progress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Child and Family Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6