Pacific Clinics

Pacific Clinics Employer Reviews

Excellent benefit packages and family oriented organization
Contracts Manager (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits and flexibility
Cons: limited professional growth opportunities
Built excellent relationships with peers, co-workers and external liaisons. Fast paced environment, high demand from my job, but loved every aspect of it. Learned a lot about behavioral health and the great need for it in our communities. Unfortunately, there's not much room for advancement for Administrative roles, based on the structure of the agency. The rich benefit package is definitely a plus.
GREAT WORK PLACE BUT THEY DONT PAY GOOD
HOUSING SPECIALIST /MENTAL HEALTH WORKER IV (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good work enviroment
Good work experience a lot of training, great team work and very down to earth Supervisors. very supportive staff
different pay for a working week they had a system of 37.5 hours per week instead of regular 40 hours.
poor leadership and management makes for poor work environment
Marriage and Family Therapist (Former Employee), Monrovia, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers, great clients, free training
Cons: poor management, lots of paperwork, high stress
this agency is just like any other non-profit DMH contracted agency. expect lots of paperwork that is complicated by DMH jargon and unrealistic productivity expectations. depending on your site, clients may have more intensive mental health needs. for the most part clients are wonderful to work with, especially the school based ones.

my work environment was great due to my co-workers. my site have very caring and nurturing staff. i miss them dearly and i miss my clients too. the lay out of the site is conductive toward providing therapy; there is no need to fight for rooms to provide therapy since everyone has their own office.

i was hoping to stay at this site forever, however the revolving door of managers and supervisors made the work environment unstable and unsupportive. it is written in one of the cores values of the agency that the welfare of staff is important, however in reality it is not. productivity and notes are the most important factors to my supervisors even after I had shared of my extremely difficult life circumstances to them that was recent. it is scary to think that they were once therapists themselves. the lack of empathy from them is sad to see. they do not care for your clients well-being nor for yours. i came into this line of work to help people overcome their life challenges; i loved the rapport i had with my clients and staff members however if you get bad managers and supervisors then none of that matters because they make the job miserable and an uphill battle that is not worth fighting for. I left the job not because of the work, but because of poor leadership and management.
Great working and learning environment
Case Manager/ Peer Advocate (Current Employee), West Covina, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: company car, benefits. lunch ins.
Cons: part time no benefits.
Work with consumers in developing daily living skills as well as social skills.
Limited advance opportunity for clerical staff
Administrative Revenue Specialist (Current Employee), Irwindale, CA 91706October 10, 2014
Pros: this company have the best holiday days off ever. co-workers are great
Cons: not able to move forward due to a lot of favoritism. is not how much you know is who you know.
Our Company is one of the best for behavioral services, in San Gabriel Area, however,for employee is very stressful, a lot of work and salary very low . No bonuses ever. Not a salary raise in 3 years. I love my company but I wish management recognize our hard work we do every day!!!
TBS Worker (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAOctober 5, 2014
Loved working with children and caregivers helping solve life challenges.
Very productive envoriment
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Arcadia, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: pay is too low
At this position we had a team of four that would do out reach in the community to place consumers and advocates in a Mental Health Worker Training Course with licensed PsyD's/MFT's(Instructors) to receive their certification in the Mental Health field. After placing them in the 10 week course it was our job to properly place them in a 48 hour internship in one of our Pacific Clinics Facilities to shadow a Case Manager or Administration Supervisor to be prepared to work in that field. It was our job as the Employment Specialist of the program to have a case load of interns in our individual region to visit and make sure all work task were being handled properly. I've always worked in a fast paced environment but this job helps to keep my ability to handle a lot of task effectively and efficient.
Overall great access to clients, poor clinical supervision.
Child Therapist/Child Behavior Specialist (Former Employee), Yucca Valley, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: access to clients.
Cons: lack of clinical support for therapists and management of staff.
I considered the time I spent with my client (children) to be a blessing in my life and loved every minute. I believe that due to financial circumstances, State laws, rural location, and lack of qualified people, essential management was not as present as should have been. That inconsistency after the primary supervisor left caused hardship.
Good experience to have on your resume
Housing Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2014
Night shift working with homeless women. Gave me an opportunity to work with a variety of individuals with different mental illness. I was able to attain a considerate amount of knowledge about how people survive and how to work with individuals that are less fortunate. The most hardest thing is to see an individual struggle and never have the ability to over come there addiction or their illness and know that there is nothing that you can do for them.
Pacific Clinis
Licensed Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: fair compensarion
Cons: overwhelming documentation
This nonprofit, cutting edge provider of MH services has changed. Coming to work for company, for many years felt like you made a difference. You could feel like you were providing excellent services, but no longer. with poor management, this agency is trying to grab as much revenue as possible. Pacific clinics is only concerned with revenue, to the neglect of the consumers.
The over worked staff are no asked to spend more then half their time with documentation. They are no longer providing excellent service.
Consultant
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: advancing, innovative, new
Cons: developing
Developing company looking to advance and is eager to obtain input from others.
mental and behavioral healthcare
Mental health worker (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAApril 8, 2014
Glad I had the experience to be employed by such an innovating company. Pacific Clinics is a wonderful place to gain the hands on experience needed to provide the best case management services possible in the mental health field, starting with their mental health worker training course. The most rewarding part of the job however, was working with the consumers directly and being able to build relationships with other community providers.
Poor
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern #71087 (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: 25 client week expectation
Expectations are unrealistic and the demands are difficult working 37.5 hours a week.
Conflicting reviews
Inquirer of this job position (Former Employee), San Bernardino CountyDecember 14, 2013
Cons: management
After reading all these reviews, I was exhausted. I know what the majority of you went through because I went through the same situation for 3+ years and it really takes a toll on you. Stress daily is not good and I will NOT be applying to this company.
I think this needs to be addressed and some sort of action needs to take place. This has been going on for years that I can see on here.mI am sure it is longer. The few that praise the Management must be friends with them or somehow avoided it or maybe afraid they might get in trouble. The job description should be for Management and Supervisors.
Healthcare should be about the patient/client. It is not a factory. When management gets mad when you show a patient you truly care and spend time on them, that shows you that all they care about is the numbers. We the employees truly care about helping and understanding the people. That is why we got into what we do. This really needs to stop. These are people who need help and most of us want to truly help them.
This is sad and I am not going to forget all that I read tonight.
Good for the ones who got out. The ones that are still there, stand up for yourself and for the people you help. I know jobs are getting harder to come by but no amount of money is worth being unhappy at a job you are suppose to love.
If you all put your foot down, they will be forced to address the situation. I know I shouldn't get so upset by this since I didn't and will not work there, but I went through the exact same thing and it is not right.

Oh, one more thing, breaks are mandatory and they (supervisors) – more... can get into a lot of trouble if they don't let you take at least two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. I had the same issue and OSHA was on it!
I know you have all heard of OSHA. They take this very serious.You can Google their number. You CANNOT/WILL NOT get into trouble by anyone for calling them.
Maybe if we all take a step to help, it will put up a flag.

God Bless and Happy Holidays. – less
Enjoyed working with children.
Therapeutic Behavior Service Coach (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAOctober 28, 2013
Management and training was excellent.
Watching children change for the better.
Productive. Learned a lot
Data entry clerk (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: a feild/ enviroment i enjoy working in.
Cons: temporary employment
I go in at nine a.m. and sort through progress notes and file them. Typically when I run out of things to do in the clerical department I will help in revenue and at other sites. I learned how to stay within my scope of practice and use different programs such as excel and outlook. My supervisor and all my coworkers are all amazing and kind individuals, who value their jobs and it shows in their work ethic. The job has not been difficult at all. Learning new things and being of service.
Horrible Managment
Lead TBS Coach (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor managment
PC is a great company, but very poor management skills and awful job security. I have been working full-time and will be laid off (due to a budget cut) next month. I have been treated unfairly over and over and have seen many co-workers leave the job due to its horrible working conditions. Managers are rude, immature and set horrible rules. The Program Director said the locks in our office were "ghetto" and constantly uses very degrading language. She runs a terrible program; no wonder there was a budget cut!
very passionate and great benefits
Prevention Early Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAAugust 12, 2013
Work with clients with behavioral complications. Stationed in local schools and community centers
I was not granted vacation time due to the overall work load, I left with 175 hours of vacation time and 150 hours of sick never used
Program Mental health Therapist (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: a good place to work hard and learn much
Cons: the unprofessional atmosphere people have to work in, lack of quiet areas and space
I was an MFT Intern and was able to learn quite a bit of the mental health system. The work load required that I suspend vacations. Working with the clients was the easiest part and enjoyable part of the job. The hard part was working with co-workers without boundaries and prior work experience which made the environment chaotic
Helping people with mental disability
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2013
Provided mental health services to mentally ill adults in an outpatient clinic. Management and co-workers were very friendly and professional to work with.