Pacific Clinics

Pacific Clinics Employer Reviews

TBS Worker (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAOctober 5, 2014
Loved working with children and caregivers helping solve life challenges.
Very productive envoriment
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Arcadia, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: pay is too low
At this position we had a team of four that would do out reach in the community to place consumers and advocates in a Mental Health Worker Training Course with licensed PsyD's/MFT's(Instructors) to receive their certification in the Mental Health field. After placing them in the 10 week course it was our job to properly place them in a 48 hour internship – more... in one of our Pacific Clinics Facilities to shadow a Case Manager or Administration Supervisor to be prepared to work in that field. It was our job as the Employment Specialist of the program to have a case load of interns in our individual region to visit and make sure all work task were being handled properly. I've always worked in a fast paced environment but this job helps to keep my ability to handle a lot of task effectively and efficient. – less
Overall great access to clients, poor clinical supervision.
Child Therapist/Child Behavior Specialist (Former Employee), Yucca Valley, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: access to clients.
Cons: lack of clinical support for therapists and management of staff.
I considered the time I spent with my client (children) to be a blessing in my life and loved every minute. I believe that due to financial circumstances, State laws, rural location, and lack of qualified people, essential management was not as present as should have been. That inconsistency after the primary supervisor left caused hardship.
Good experience to have on your resume
Housing Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2014
Night shift working with homeless women. Gave me an opportunity to work with a variety of individuals with different mental illness. I was able to attain a considerate amount of knowledge about how people survive and how to work with individuals that are less fortunate. The most hardest thing is to see an individual struggle and never have the ability – more... to over come there addiction or their illness and know that there is nothing that you can do for them. – less
Pacific Clinis
Licensed Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: fair compensarion
Cons: overwhelming documentation
This nonprofit, cutting edge provider of MH services has changed. Coming to work for company, for many years felt like you made a difference. You could feel like you were providing excellent services, but no longer. with poor management, this agency is trying to grab as much revenue as possible. Pacific clinics is only concerned with revenue, to the – more... neglect of the consumers.
The over worked staff are no asked to spend more then half their time with documentation. They are no longer providing excellent service. – less
Consultant
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: advancing, innovative, new
Cons: developing
Developing company looking to advance and is eager to obtain input from others.
mental and behavioral healthcare
Mental health worker (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAApril 8, 2014
Glad I had the experience to be employed by such an innovating company. Pacific Clinics is a wonderful place to gain the hands on experience needed to provide the best case management services possible in the mental health field, starting with their mental health worker training course. The most rewarding part of the job however, was working with the – more... consumers directly and being able to build relationships with other community providers. – less
Poor
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern #71087 (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: 25 client week expectation
Expectations are unrealistic and the demands are difficult working 37.5 hours a week.
Conflicting reviews
Inquirer of this job position (Former Employee), San Bernardino CountyDecember 14, 2013
Cons: management
After reading all these reviews, I was exhausted. I know what the majority of you went through because I went through the same situation for 3+ years and it really takes a toll on you. Stress daily is not good and I will NOT be applying to this company.
I think this needs to be addressed and some sort of action needs to take place. This has been going – more... on for years that I can see on here.mI am sure it is longer. The few that praise the Management must be friends with them or somehow avoided it or maybe afraid they might get in trouble. The job description should be for Management and Supervisors.
Healthcare should be about the patient/client. It is not a factory. When management gets mad when you show a patient you truly care and spend time on them, that shows you that all they care about is the numbers. We the employees truly care about helping and understanding the people. That is why we got into what we do. This really needs to stop. These are people who need help and most of us want to truly help them.
This is sad and I am not going to forget all that I read tonight.
Good for the ones who got out. The ones that are still there, stand up for yourself and for the people you help. I know jobs are getting harder to come by but no amount of money is worth being unhappy at a job you are suppose to love.
If you all put your foot down, they will be forced to address the situation. I know I shouldn't get so upset by this since I didn't and will not work there, but I went through the exact same thing and it is not right.

Oh, one more thing, breaks are mandatory and they (supervisors) can get into a lot of trouble if they don't let you take at least two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. I had the same issue and OSHA was on it!
I know you have all heard of OSHA. They take this very serious.You can Google their number. You CANNOT/WILL NOT get into trouble by anyone for calling them.
Maybe if we all take a step to help, it will put up a flag.

God Bless and Happy Holidays. – less
Enjoyed working with children.
Therapeutic Behavior Service Coach (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAOctober 28, 2013
Management and training was excellent.
Watching children change for the better.
Productive. Learned a lot
Data entry clerk (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: a feild/ enviroment i enjoy working in.
Cons: temporary employment
I go in at nine a.m. and sort through progress notes and file them. Typically when I run out of things to do in the clerical department I will help in revenue and at other sites. I learned how to stay within my scope of practice and use different programs such as excel and outlook. My supervisor and all my coworkers are all amazing and kind individuals, – more... who value their jobs and it shows in their work ethic. The job has not been difficult at all. Learning new things and being of service. – less
Horrible Managment
Lead TBS Coach (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor managment
PC is a great company, but very poor management skills and awful job security. I have been working full-time and will be laid off (due to a budget cut) next month. I have been treated unfairly over and over and have seen many co-workers leave the job due to its horrible working conditions. Managers are rude, immature and set horrible rules. The Program – more... Director said the locks in our office were "ghetto" and constantly uses very degrading language. She runs a terrible program; no wonder there was a budget cut! – less
very passionate and great benefits
Prevention Early Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAAugust 12, 2013
Work with clients with behavioral complications. Stationed in local schools and community centers
I was not granted vacation time due to the overall work load, I left with 175 hours of vacation time and 150 hours of sick never used
Program Mental health Therapist (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: a good place to work hard and learn much
Cons: the unprofessional atmosphere people have to work in, lack of quiet areas and space
I was an MFT Intern and was able to learn quite a bit of the mental health system. The work load required that I suspend vacations. Working with the clients was the easiest part and enjoyable part of the job. The hard part was working with co-workers without boundaries and prior work experience which made the environment chaotic
Helping people with mental disability
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2013
Provided mental health services to mentally ill adults in an outpatient clinic. Management and co-workers were very friendly and professional to work with.
Do not trust this company!!!!
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), El MonteMay 16, 2013
Pros: working in teams equals more support, flexible schedule
Cons: billable hours are all that matters to management/company
I was recently fired after 5 1/2 years of services because I did not make enough productivity hours. I was short 39 billable hours of the "target goal" and that was enough for them to fire me. I had excellent rapport with all my clients and peers and had no other problems besides the billable hours. I had only recieved a raise one year out of my five, – more... all because my billable hours were not "on target". This company also routinely uses fear based tactics to keep their employees doing more with less by threatening employee benefits (such as raises and vestment to your retirement plan) at the first sign of a budget cut. This company and it's management (including directors) say they care about you and their clients, but I found out firsthand something I always knew, it's all about the billables. It doesn't matter if it is unfair, they will bully you to feel like an awful employee for not making them their money. I am very sad because I really enjoyed my peers and clients. It's too bad the company favors quantity over quality. – less

May 20, 2013

DO NOT TRUST THEM!!! PROGRAM DIRECTORS, SUPERVISORS,TEAM LEADERS. They are all the same they don't care about you, all they care is meeting their billable hours. And the most important thing to me was the clients and how I can give them my time, they wanted me to do less for the clients and to billed more! do not applied to this company they are a big FRAUD they all know how to cover their backs.

June 29, 2013

I understand. I was there over 8 years and in one day...bam you out of a job. No one ever talks about how much money the CEO and CFO make? It is suppose to be public knowledge because it is a "non-profit" but you'll never find it anywhere. There are so, so many upper admin. making tripple digits it is not even funny.

Great Supervision
Intern (Former Employee), Glendora, CAMay 11, 2013
Pacific Clinics is a wonderful place for a Master's level internship.
Fantastic
On Site House Monitor/Counselort II (Former Employee), West Covina, CAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: co workers were team players
Cons: not enough hours in the day
It was a wonderful place to work, great team spirit, ethical managers, good benefits, etc.
Fast pace, caring for client's in clinical setting and home visits
Licensed Psychiatric Technician Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: building therapeutic relationships with client's and staff
Cons: having to administer im injections to certain client's in their backyards
Provided direct client care, administered prescribed medications per MD orders. Obtained client's history, vital signs, observed and assessed client's response to medications. Documented and notified physician regarding client's response to medications and reported any adverse signs or symptoms to physician. Provided Group therapy and counseling.

May 11, 2013

LPT's are out of scope when they provide "group therapy" or "counseling."

Excellent place to work.
LVN (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 8, 2013
An overview of Pacific Clinics, Southern California's largest behavioral healthcare agency, offering life-changing services to men, women, youth and families since 1926.