Pacific Clinics Employee Reviews

Poorly Run
Management (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 4, 2017
I've worked here for 3 years and it could be a good agency, but it's ruled by instilling fear in its employees. Morale is non existent in all areas of the agency and work loads for staff and management are overwhelming. Turnover is high due workload, low morale, lack of support and low compensation. Favoritism runs rampant throughout and lines are often crossed. There's a great sense that corporate management couldn't care less about the employees.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time and free training at their training institute
Cons
Overworked, no support, low morale, low pay
Work Experience
Human Resources- Risk manager (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAFebruary 2, 2017
The HR Risk Manager position required for me to go and visit sites to identify work hazards and provide with guidance to Director, Managers how to correct the hazards. Help with the ideas for Safety meetings.

Other days will work with the Absence specialist to find out how many employees we have on leave and what kind of leaves.

The hardest part was to get people understand the importance of Safety at work and how impact have in our lives not only at work but at home.

I enjoy helping people and my reward was when I was able to make a difference for an employee at work and their perception that management really care.
Pros
good benefits
I have learned so much here.
Program /Revenue Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I am so happy worked with this company because I have learned so much here. also Management team giving me chance and trusted me to do so much fun projects.
Pros
picnick day
Cons
short break
Extraordinary helpful place
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Was a privilege to work in this business. All the staff was very helpful in cooperation and directions. Also enjoyable with staff and clients.
Pros
Healthcare, vacation, and education benefts
Cons
Management and security
Worst Mental Health Agency to work for!
MFT Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 14, 2016
I worked for Pacific Clincs for 2 years and left a position I had sonority for and came to PC thinking it's going to be a better work environment. Management is highly unprofessional and unreliable and act like they are a mafia. They tell you to do one thing and say is ok to do something and then say they never old you to do it. If you have supervisors for unsupportive from the beginning and makes it very difficult to work with them and build a trusting working relationship. Lack of training new staff and mangagment not available to answer questions or help. The higher ups do not care about you or the work that you do all they care about is how much money you were billing Medi-Cal. They do not care if the clients are getting Better all they care about is that you bill your productivity. If you make a mistake on your notes you do not get help from maagment your on your own and don't believe they're open door policy it's all BS and HR does absolutely nothing to support their stuff. I went to HR many times for support and to complain about my work environment and nothing was done about it.
Pros
Great clients to work with.
Cons
To much work load, to much driving, not supportive management
Good Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 6, 2016
The company is committed to making sure that its employees are appropriately compensated and that the work environments are the best they can be.
It was a learning experience and a rich experience won ring with families in the San Gabriel Balley
Casemanager (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 29, 2016
I liked the ability to go to the families school and homes and work with the client and their families . Working with therapist on a daily basis . I liked working there because I got a lot of support from supervision with my supervisor
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long distance from my house
Space to advance
Central County Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 28, 2016
I enjoy that this organization really preaches what they show and take intro consideration the needs of their consumers and employees alike.
emotionally draining work and not enough down time
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 19, 2016
A typical day would consist of seeing 10-15 clients and 2 intakes every Thursday and Friday and individual supervision at least once a week with your supervisor to discuss case load and difficult clients.
Pros
Extensive training available through the organization
Cons
Too much emphasize on productivity regardless of client no-shows
Stressful environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 19, 2016
The worst place I ever worked. So called management in my opinion has no business being in charge of others due to their lack of professional training to oversee the staff at my location. Had no idea this was still going on.
Pros
short drive from home
Cons
lack of good management experience to lead staff and no advocate for staff
Fast paced consumer focused company
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was to develop and maintain program. Provided resources and customer service to community agencies. I learned how to interact with mentally ill consumers. Management was very supportive and assisted in problem solving, co-workers were helpful and did a wonderful job providing information and resources. The hardest part of the job was documentation and the most enjoyable part was seeing consumers obtain needed services.
Mental Health Therapist
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMay 6, 2016
No raise for 3 years. 90 hours/ month billing is very stressful for 7.5hr work day if you factor in mandatory staff meetings 6+ hrs/wk, forgetful clients, non-billable activities...

Hardest part of the job is dodging the administrative barriers in order to help your clients.
1. A online system that is often temperamental & difficult to navigate
2. Ever changing documentation instructions from QIC dept. for convoluted paperwork (DMH and in-house forms)
3. Taking on extra responsibility outside your job description when your team or other depts. become short staffed (They are always short staffed due to high turnover: some 90% within 5 years).
4. Being asked to open clients (for billing) when program does not have the capacity.
5. It's an effort to get your client an appt. with psychiatrist (the few who stayed are underpaid and overbooked).
6. Passive aggression in management who cares about numbers a lot more than you or your clients.

Best part of the job is your supportive frontline coworkers who understand the hard work and always have your back.
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 4, 2016
Pacific Clinics Head Start is a great place for hard working individuals who want to learn and grow. Management is very knowledgeable and caring. I have learned so much and I continue learning. Lots of professional development opportunities are available.
Horrible
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 14, 2016
Wonder how this head start is still funded! The management knows nothing. EVERY week someone is quitting! There is no communication. It's just not a positive or functional work environment.

Can't wait to find another job
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, horrible management, horrible benefits
management was unethical....
Program Director for TAY (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAMarch 30, 2016
nothing positive to say...management was unethical, didn't care of we provided the services we were funded to provide, and took many "creative liberties" with the budget and line items... I have been around too long not to notice that and decided almost immediately I would not stay there.......
Pros
clients, only
Cons
all else...
Great way to be involved with your community.
Peer Partner (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 5, 2016
Sometimes it gets slow.
I learned how to professionally create relationships
Teamwork environment
You must keep up with tasks
Helps improve communication skills
Interesting work as a multi-disaplinary team
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day began by meeting with our multi-disciplinary team to review the previous days events regarding our families in counseling.
I learned how to work in community settings and in the concept of the wraparound approach. My co-workers were exceptional to work with due to the intensity of the work.
The hardest part of the job was the protection of the children when CPS did not back us therapist up on our recommendations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching families improve even when it was only incremental levels.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
no show of clients
Avoid this company
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJanuary 25, 2016
As a non-profit, you will constantly hear about budget cuts and the resulting increased pressure for employees to increase their billable hours with no real incentive beyond hoping to not get fired. Individual clinicians and supervisors showed care for the clients, however, this was always undermined by the pressure to generate more money for the company. I witnessed and experienced clients being underserved so that clinicians could take on more clients than was ideal, or to take on clients that did not really meet the criteria for our programs in order to increase billing. Billable hours requirements are excessive when taken into consideration all the mandatory meetings, trainings and supervisions you will need to attend. Supervisors are aware that the requirement is excessive and so simply tell you that you must work outside of paid office hours in order to meet productivity, while simultaneously telling you to keep quiet about it since it violates labor laws. If a clinician does not meet the billing requirements, they simply fire them no matter how many years good service was provided. Expect to be given at least 60 hours of work per week, but paid based on a work week of 37.5. I had coworkers with young children speak guiltily of "only" working an extra two hours when they got home instead of all night like they usually did, while ironically being expected in their professional role to help troubled children and hold this work in the highest regard. Much of Pacific Clinic's activity is highly unethical, and I suspect not entirely legal, either. All of this leads to a completely  more... dispiriting experience for anyone with a genuine desire to help others. If you chose to put up with all this, expect to be laid off suddenly and without warning when the company loses county contracts. Do not believe that they will offer you a transfer, because they will not, even people who had been with them for decades were not offered transfers when our office closed. It's all about the money.  less
Pros
Many individual employees, clinicians and supervisors were wonderful people to work with.
Cons
The entire work culture, excessive pressure, hypocrisy, highly unethical activity.
Bad mangement
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAOctober 7, 2015
Horrible work culture with unprofessional support staff. Inefficient operation and excessive pressure on clinicians.
Not good
QIC/QA (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 6, 2015
overworked under pay.. management for this agency lack of communication skills. no pay increase for 5 years, management lack of personal skills. its not what you know is who you know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Clinics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9