Pacific Clinics Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 14, 2016
Wonder how this head start is still funded! The management knows nothing. EVERY week someone is quitting! There is no communication. It's just not a positive or functional work environment.

Can't wait to find another job
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, horrible management, horrible benefits
management was unethical....
Program Director for TAY (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAMarch 30, 2016
nothing positive to say...management was unethical, didn't care of we provided the services we were funded to provide, and took many "creative liberties" with the budget and line items... I have been around too long not to notice that and decided almost immediately I would not stay there.......
Pros
clients, only
Cons
all else...
Great way to be involved with your community.
Peer Partner (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 5, 2016
Sometimes it gets slow.
I learned how to professionally create relationships
Teamwork environment
You must keep up with tasks
Helps improve communication skills
Interesting work as a multi-disaplinary team
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day began by meeting with our multi-disciplinary team to review the previous days events regarding our families in counseling.
I learned how to work in community settings and in the concept of the wraparound approach. My co-workers were exceptional to work with due to the intensity of the work.
The hardest part of the job was the protection of the children when CPS did not back us therapist up on our recommendations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching families improve even when it was only incremental levels.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
no show of clients
Avoid this company
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJanuary 25, 2016
As a non-profit, you will constantly hear about budget cuts and the resulting increased pressure for employees to increase their billable hours with no real incentive beyond hoping to not get fired. Individual clinicians and supervisors showed care for the clients, however, this was always undermined by the pressure to generate more money for the company. I witnessed and experienced clients being underserved so that clinicians could take on more clients than was ideal, or to take on clients that did not really meet the criteria for our programs in order to increase billing. Billable hours requirements are excessive when taken into consideration all the mandatory meetings, trainings and supervisions you will need to attend. Supervisors are aware that the requirement is excessive and so simply tell you that you must work outside of paid office hours in order to meet productivity, while simultaneously telling you to keep quiet about it since it violates labor laws. If a clinician does not meet the billing requirements, they simply fire them no matter how many years good service was provided. Expect to be given at least 60 hours of work per week, but paid based on a work week of 37.5. I had coworkers with young children speak guiltily of "only" working an extra two hours when they got home instead of all night like they usually did, while ironically being expected in their professional role to help troubled children and hold this work in the highest regard. Much of Pacific Clinic's activity is highly unethical, and I suspect not entirely legal, either. All of this leads to a completely  more... dispiriting experience for anyone with a genuine desire to help others. If you chose to put up with all this, expect to be laid off suddenly and without warning when the company loses county contracts. Do not believe that they will offer you a transfer, because they will not, even people who had been with them for decades were not offered transfers when our office closed. It's all about the money.  less
Pros
Many individual employees, clinicians and supervisors were wonderful people to work with.
Cons
The entire work culture, excessive pressure, hypocrisy, highly unethical activity.
Bad mangement
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAOctober 7, 2015
Horrible work culture with unprofessional support staff. Inefficient operation and excessive pressure on clinicians.
Not good
QIC/QA (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 6, 2015
overworked under pay.. management for this agency lack of communication skills. no pay increase for 5 years, management lack of personal skills. its not what you know is who you know.
Data Entry Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 16, 2015
fun place to work but management not very supportive and basically you have to learn on your own. employee moral is very low no increase pay in 5 years.
Enjoyed working with this company great supervision, encouraged and promoted professional growth, good pay and benefits.
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 31, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company, I learned a lot from my supervisor and from my team. Great overall company support, great pay and benefits, I definitely recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
I enjoyed working with the clients, IGreat working Experience.
Worst Place I ever worked
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles WilshireAugust 19, 2015
Management is horrible, all forms of management at this company is really bad. The agency went through what they call "right sizing" which is really laying people off. The way people were treated was in humane for a mental health agency. People who had been with the agency for over 8 years was just let go and walked out of the agency like criminals. This agency is very deceptive, they claim to have high morals and ethics, but yet allowed therapists and mental health workers to fluff billing to help the agency get through a billing crisis, when this was bought to upper management attention they just said "well these staff are helping the agency". Some of these staff was given money incentives for their high billing expectations. Enter this agency at your own risk, if you are a licensed professional protect your license if you work here. There is low staff morale throughout the agency and they don't seem to care only about meeting productivity.
Pros
Can get your hours quickly
Cons
Low salary's, no annual raise's, low staff morale
Demanding, management unfair to employees, delivered a great service
Therapeutic Behavioral Services Supervisor (TBS) (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs Ca, Moreno Valley, CAAugust 4, 2015
Very demanding but rewarding job. Gave high quality training to staff, benefits were great. However several programs including this one were closed due to finances. Contracts for services and MediCal reimbursement were tricky. Management could be difficult with inconsistency of direction, micromanagement getting in the way of doing the job. This program relied on the county for referrals, and there were periods when there were plentiful referrals followed by times of few referrals. Per diem coaches were utilized so there was always turnover and sometimes matching a coach to a case was challenging. Most rewarding parts of job were supervising, guiding the coaches to utilize the interventions that I designed in the treatment plan and the positive changes we were able to make in the lives of the children and caregivers that we provided services to. We had very good quality assurance and our standards of documentation were excellent.
Pros
Benefits, training, comaradaire
Cons
Management overly critical, closing of program handled poorly.
Awful company
administrative. (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 28, 2015
I was working their quite a few years. The management it's poorly ran. It's all about who you know not what you know. They don't follow protocol. They do illegal practice their. The only good thing about working for this company was the benefits. They keep there employees in the dark. Company is closing sites left and right but they tell us we are in no danger of closing Down. Never worked in an unprofessional place like this in my life. Management hires friends and relatives and you can tell the difference on how they get treated.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
from management to favoritism.
Amazing Experience
Nutrition Intern (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 27, 2015
As a Nutrition Intern, it was a great experience to teach the mothers and children proper eating habits. The way the cooking classes and nutrition classes were incorporated made the class a great learning experience for both the class attendees and the teachers.
Pros
Great experience
Great learning oppurtunity
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR INTERN (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 10, 2015
I was an intern at Pacific Clinics at the Bonita location. I would schedule intakes, conduct screenings, intakes, assessments, and develop individualized treatment plans for each client. I would conduct group counseling sessions with adolescents and adults. I learned how to implement what I learned in school with clients. I developed working relationships with other therapists and counselors. Supervisors were always there to help when needed and I would meet with the supervisor for supervision to talk about my progress. Hardest part of the job was when clients would have a negative downfall, because as a counselor you want your clients to reach success. I greatly enjoyed working with all of my clients, adolescents and adults, i find it to be a very rewarding career working as a counselor.
Pros
team support
Na
Ontario, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 20, 2015
Great company, great benefits. Supervised clinicians and mental health workers that provided services to children with an open Los Angeles county DCFS case
Productive fun work place with great rapport building activties for staff
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CaliforniaMay 18, 2015
This has been the best place I have worked thus far. I have learned so much from my supervisor and have become a better clinician because of all the hard work I put it. i saw about 6 clients a day and in the end had amazing coworkers to bounce ideas off of or to ask for help when needed.
Pros
Trainings provided as well as friendships built
Cons
county audits and reviews.
amazing opportunity
Mental Health Worker intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed every bit of our mental health course and internship. I gained knowledge I need to be employable. The fast-paced nature of the course was a huge plus considering the fact that I am eager to find work quickly.
Pros
Fast-paced
Cons
Did not lead to employment
Good perks
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 13, 2015
The company is a great and truly cares for individuals that suffer from mental illness. Great employees that love what they do. Can be extremely stressful due to constant "billing" aka Notes. Have to write a lot of notes (90 hours a month). Fast paced environment. Unfortunately I had a horrible experience with a supervisor who was not supportive and used threatening tactic like "this could be a write up" and used micromanagement style to run the office. Don't let this discourage you because I have herd of wonderful supervisors at different offices that allow room for growth and are very supportive. Work hours are typicaly 9-5 and weekends off. One of the perks is getting paid for many holidays and having those days off.
Productive place to work.
TBS Coach (Therapeutic Behavioral Services Coach) (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 13, 2015
I had individual and group supervision once a week.
Saw clients in their homes and taught coping skills as
well as interventions.
Co-workers were very helpful.
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks as well as two 15 minute breaks.
Cons
This is a very good place to work, learn, and grow.
Diverse
Lead LVN IV (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2015
I was the primary medication nurse for those that excepted medication for their illness. I also provide out in the field support and management of clients. These clients needed one to one intervention,medication ADL and legal matters.
Pros
learning the dynamics for the treatment and safety of the homeless and mentally ill.
Cons
frustration in the event, that alot of homeless and mentally ill, choose to not accept the many benefits offered to them