Pacific Clinics Employee Reviews

Demanding, management unfair to employees, delivered a great service
Therapeutic Behavioral Services Supervisor (TBS) (Former Employee), Palm Springs Ca, Moreno Valley, CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits, training, comaradaire
Cons: Management overly critical, closing of program handled poorly.
Very demanding but rewarding job. Gave high quality training to staff, benefits were great. However several programs including this one were closed due to finances. Contracts for services and MediCal reimbursement were tricky. Management could be difficult with inconsistency of direction, micromanagement getting in the way of doing the job. This program relied on the county for referrals, and there – more... were periods when there were plentiful referrals followed by times of few referrals. Per diem coaches were utilized so there was always turnover and sometimes matching a coach to a case was challenging. Most rewarding parts of job were supervising, guiding the coaches to utilize the interventions that I designed in the treatment plan and the positive changes we were able to make in the lives of the children and caregivers that we provided services to. We had very good quality assurance and our standards of documentation were excellent. – less
Awful company
administrative. (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Health insurance
Cons: from management to favoritism.
I was working their quite a few years. The management it's poorly ran. It's all about who you know not what you know. They don't follow protocol. They do illegal practice their. The only good thing about working for this company was the benefits. They keep there employees in the dark. Company is closing sites left and right but they tell us we are in no danger of closing Down. Never worked in an unprofessional place like this in my life. Management hires friends and relatives and you can tell the difference on how they get treated.
Amazing Experience
Nutrition Intern (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great experience
As a Nutrition Intern, it was a great experience to teach the mothers and children proper eating habits. The way the cooking classes and nutrition classes were incorporated made the class a great learning experience for both the class attendees and the teachers.
Great learning oppurtunity
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR INTERN (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: team support
Cons: none
I was an intern at Pacific Clinics at the Bonita location. I would schedule intakes, conduct screenings, intakes, assessments, and develop individualized treatment plans for each client. I would conduct group counseling sessions with adolescents and adults. I learned how to implement what I learned in school with clients. I developed working relationships with other therapists and counselors. Supervisors were always there to help when needed and I would meet with the supervisor for supervision to talk about my progress. Hardest part of the job was when clients would have a negative downfall, because as a counselor you want your clients to reach success. I greatly enjoyed working with all of my clients, adolescents and adults, i find it to be a very rewarding career working as a counselor.
NA
Ontario, Team Leader (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMay 20, 2015
Great company, great benefits. Supervised clinicians and mental health workers that provided services to children with an open Los Angeles county DCFS case
Productive fun work place with great rapport building activties for staff
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee), Yucca Valley, CaliforniaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Trainings provided as well as friendships built
Cons: county audits and reviews.
This has been the best place I have worked thus far. I have learned so much from my supervisor and have become a better clinician because of all the hard work I put it. i saw about 6 clients a day and in the end had amazing coworkers to bounce ideas off of or to ask for help when needed.
amazing opportunity
Mental Health Worker intern (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced
Cons: Did not lead to employment
I enjoyed every bit of our mental health course and internship. I gained knowledge I need to be employable. The fast-paced nature of the course was a huge plus considering the fact that I am eager to find work quickly.
Good perks
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), West Covina, CAApril 13, 2015
The company is a great and truly cares for individuals that suffer from mental illness. Great employees that love what they do. Can be extremely stressful due to constant "billing" aka Notes. Have to write a lot of notes (90 hours a month). Fast paced environment. Unfortunately I had a horrible experience with a supervisor who was not supportive and used threatening tactic like "this could be a write up" and used micromanagement style to run the office. Don't let this discourage you because I have herd of wonderful supervisors at different offices that allow room for growth and are very supportive. Work hours are typicaly 9-5 and weekends off. One of the perks is getting paid for many holidays and having those days off.
Productive place to work.
TBS Coach (Therapeutic Behavioral Services Coach) (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunch breaks as well as two 15 minute breaks.
Cons: This is a very good place to work, learn, and grow.
I had individual and group supervision once a week.
Saw clients in their homes and taught coping skills as
well as interventions.
Co-workers were very helpful.
Diverse
Lead LVN IV (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: learning the dynamics for the treatment and safety of the homeless and mentally ill.
Cons: frustration in the event, that alot of homeless and mentally ill, choose to not accept the many benefits offered to them
I was the primary medication nurse for those that excepted medication for their illness. I also provide out in the field support and management of clients. These clients needed one to one intervention,medication ADL and legal matters.
Illegal Practices
Employee (Former Employee), Moreno ValleyFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: front line staff
Cons: everything else
Divisional directors create an atmosphere of fear and hostility. The managers are told to treat lower management poorly. Must have something to do with money. Firing people for no reason, keeping people down, micromanaging, different rules for different people, harassment, discrimination. No one does anything about it. If you complain they come after you.
Front line staff are awesome. Upper Management destroying peoples lives for fun. Jealous insecure childish and poorly educated people run the show. Keep looking.
Worst morale ever
Mental Health (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: they probably exist at another site
Cons: poor management, deceitful cya philosophy
There is a huge discrepancy with regard to how employees of Pacific Clinics feel and how much they enjoy their work. The site I worked for is the worst and infamous within the organization for the leadership and treatment of their staff. Does anyone at corporate do anything to change it? No. It goes beyond dissatisfaction with work and leadership and treads into the realm of illegal. Yes, I said illegal.
They say they value their staff but all of their actions show otherwise. Apply anywhere but the West Valley Intensive division.
GREAT WORK PLACE BUT THEY DONT PAY GOOD
HOUSING SPECIALIST /MENTAL HEALTH WORKER IV (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good work enviroment
Good work experience a lot of training, great team work and very down to earth Supervisors. very supportive staff
different pay for a working week they had a system of 37.5 hours per week instead of regular 40 hours.
poor leadership and management makes for poor work environment
Marriage and Family Therapist (Former Employee), Monrovia, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers, great clients, free training
Cons: poor management, lots of paperwork, high stress
this agency is just like any other non-profit DMH contracted agency. expect lots of paperwork that is complicated by DMH jargon and unrealistic productivity expectations. depending on your site, clients may have more intensive mental health needs. for the most part clients are wonderful to work with, especially the school based ones.

my work environment was great due to my co-workers. my site have – more... very caring and nurturing staff. i miss them dearly and i miss my clients too. the lay out of the site is conductive toward providing therapy; there is no need to fight for rooms to provide therapy since everyone has their own office.

i was hoping to stay at this site forever, however the revolving door of managers and supervisors made the work environment unstable and unsupportive. it is written in one of the cores values of the agency that the welfare of staff is important, however in reality it is not. productivity and notes are the most important factors to my supervisors even after I had shared of my extremely difficult life circumstances to them that was recent. it is scary to think that they were once therapists themselves. the lack of empathy from them is sad to see. they do not care for your clients well-being nor for yours. i came into this line of work to help people overcome their life challenges; i loved the rapport i had with my clients and staff members however if you get bad managers and supervisors then none of that matters because they make the job miserable and an uphill battle that is not worth fighting for. I left the job not because of the work, but because of poor leadership and management. – less
Great working and learning environment
Case Manager/ Peer Advocate (Current Employee), West Covina, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: company car, benefits. lunch ins.
Cons: part time no benefits.
Work with consumers in developing daily living skills as well as social skills.
Limited advance opportunity for clerical staff
Administrative Revenue Specialist (Current Employee), Irwindale, CA 91706October 10, 2014
Pros: this company have the best holiday days off ever. co-workers are great
Cons: not able to move forward due to a lot of favoritism. is not how much you know is who you know.
Our Company is one of the best for behavioral services, in San Gabriel Area, however,for employee is very stressful, a lot of work and salary very low . No bonuses ever. Not a salary raise in 3 years. I love my company but I wish management recognize our hard work we do every day!!!
TBS Worker (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAOctober 5, 2014
Loved working with children and caregivers helping solve life challenges.
Very productive envoriment
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Arcadia, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: pay is too low
At this position we had a team of four that would do out reach in the community to place consumers and advocates in a Mental Health Worker Training Course with licensed PsyD's/MFT's(Instructors) to receive their certification in the Mental Health field. After placing them in the 10 week course it was our job to properly place them in a 48 hour internship in one of our Pacific Clinics Facilities to – more... shadow a Case Manager or Administration Supervisor to be prepared to work in that field. It was our job as the Employment Specialist of the program to have a case load of interns in our individual region to visit and make sure all work task were being handled properly. I've always worked in a fast paced environment but this job helps to keep my ability to handle a lot of task effectively and efficient. – less
Overall great access to clients, poor clinical supervision.
Child Therapist/Child Behavior Specialist (Former Employee), Yucca Valley, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: access to clients.
Cons: lack of clinical support for therapists and management of staff.
I considered the time I spent with my client (children) to be a blessing in my life and loved every minute. I believe that due to financial circumstances, State laws, rural location, and lack of qualified people, essential management was not as present as should have been. That inconsistency after the primary supervisor left caused hardship.
Good experience to have on your resume
Housing Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2014
Night shift working with homeless women. Gave me an opportunity to work with a variety of individuals with different mental illness. I was able to attain a considerate amount of knowledge about how people survive and how to work with individuals that are less fortunate. The most hardest thing is to see an individual struggle and never have the ability to over come there addiction or their illness and know that there is nothing that you can do for them.