Pacific Clinics Employee Reviews in United States

This is an organization of good core values
Housing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 28, 2016
There is never a dull moment at the office, there is always something new to learn from documentation to procedures , concerning the housing department. Support is always provided by management as needed. Professional; co workers are always a welcome sight at the workplace.The hard part , the work pace is fo rapid and before you know it there is no more time , the day has to end. Knowing that you are able to help out the homeless individuals is more than enough to keep your smile until you close your eyes to sleep at night.
Pros
benefits are wonderful, all holidays are covered
Cons
short breaks . . .30 minutes only
Interesting work as a multi-disaplinary team
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day began by meeting with our multi-disciplinary team to review the previous days events regarding our families in counseling.
I learned how to work in community settings and in the concept of the wraparound approach. My co-workers were exceptional to work with due to the intensity of the work.
The hardest part of the job was the protection of the children when CPS did not back us therapist up on our recommendations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching families improve even when it was only incremental levels.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
no show of clients
Worst Place I ever worked
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles WilshireAugust 19, 2015
Management is horrible, all forms of management at this company is really bad. The agency went through what they call "right sizing" which is really laying people off. The way people were treated was in humane for a mental health agency. People who had been with the agency for over 8 years was just let go and walked out of the agency like criminals. This agency is very deceptive, they claim to have high morals and ethics, but yet allowed therapists and mental health workers to fluff billing to help the agency get through a billing crisis, when this was bought to upper management attention they just said "well these staff are helping the agency". Some of these staff was given money incentives for their high billing expectations. Enter this agency at your own risk, if you are a licensed professional protect your license if you work here. There is low staff morale throughout the agency and they don't seem to care only about meeting productivity.
Pros
Can get your hours quickly
Cons
Low salary's, no annual raise's, low staff morale
Awful company
administrative. (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 28, 2015
I was working their quite a few years. The management it's poorly ran. It's all about who you know not what you know. They don't follow protocol. They do illegal practice their. The only good thing about working for this company was the benefits. They keep there employees in the dark. Company is closing sites left and right but they tell us we are in no danger of closing Down. Never worked in an unprofessional place like this in my life. Management hires friends and relatives and you can tell the difference on how they get treated.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
from management to favoritism.
Demanding, management unfair to employees, delivered a great service
Therapeutic Behavioral Services Supervisor (TBS) (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs Ca, Moreno Valley, CAAugust 4, 2015
Very demanding but rewarding job. Gave high quality training to staff, benefits were great. However several programs including this one were closed due to finances. Contracts for services and MediCal reimbursement were tricky. Management could be difficult with inconsistency of direction, micromanagement getting in the way of doing the job. This program relied on the county for referrals, and there were periods when there were plentiful referrals followed by times of few referrals. Per diem coaches were utilized so there was always turnover and sometimes matching a coach to a case was challenging. Most rewarding parts of job were supervising, guiding the coaches to utilize the interventions that I designed in the treatment plan and the positive changes we were able to make in the lives of the children and caregivers that we provided services to. We had very good quality assurance and our standards of documentation were excellent.
Pros
Benefits, training, comaradaire
Cons
Management overly critical, closing of program handled poorly.
Enjoyed working with this company great supervision, encouraged and promoted professional growth, good pay and benefits.
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 31, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company, I learned a lot from my supervisor and from my team. Great overall company support, great pay and benefits, I definitely recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
I enjoyed working with the clients, IGreat working Experience.
Mental Health Therapist
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMay 6, 2016
No raise for 3 years. 90 hours/ month billing is very stressful for 7.5hr work day if you factor in mandatory staff meetings 6+ hrs/wk, forgetful clients, non-billable activities...

Hardest part of the job is dodging the administrative barriers in order to help your clients.
1. A online system that is often temperamental & difficult to navigate
2. Ever changing documentation instructions from QIC dept. for convoluted paperwork (DMH and in-house forms)
3. Taking on extra responsibility outside your job description when your team or other depts. become short staffed (They are always short staffed due to high turnover: some 90% within 5 years).
4. Being asked to open clients (for billing) when program does not have the capacity.
5. It's an effort to get your client an appt. with psychiatrist (the few who stayed are underpaid and overbooked).
6. Passive aggression in management who cares about numbers a lot more than you or your clients.

Best part of the job is your supportive frontline coworkers who understand the hard work and always have your back.
Fast paced consumer focused company
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was to develop and maintain program. Provided resources and customer service to community agencies. I learned how to interact with mentally ill consumers. Management was very supportive and assisted in problem solving, co-workers were helpful and did a wonderful job providing information and resources. The hardest part of the job was documentation and the most enjoyable part was seeing consumers obtain needed services.
management was unethical....
Program Director for TAY (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAMarch 30, 2016
nothing positive to say...management was unethical, didn't care of we provided the services we were funded to provide, and took many "creative liberties" with the budget and line items... I have been around too long not to notice that and decided almost immediately I would not stay there.......
Pros
clients, only
Cons
all else...
Stressful environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 19, 2016
The worst place I ever worked. So called management in my opinion has no business being in charge of others due to their lack of professional training to oversee the staff at my location. Had no idea this was still going on.
Pros
short drive from home
Cons
lack of good management experience to lead staff and no advocate for staff
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 4, 2016
Pacific Clinics Head Start is a great place for hard working individuals who want to learn and grow. Management is very knowledgeable and caring. I have learned so much and I continue learning. Lots of professional development opportunities are available.
Horrible
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 14, 2016
Wonder how this head start is still funded! The management knows nothing. EVERY week someone is quitting! There is no communication. It's just not a positive or functional work environment.

Can't wait to find another job
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, horrible management, horrible benefits
Diverse
Lead LVN IV (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2015
I was the primary medication nurse for those that excepted medication for their illness. I also provide out in the field support and management of clients. These clients needed one to one intervention,medication ADL and legal matters.
Pros
learning the dynamics for the treatment and safety of the homeless and mentally ill.
Cons
frustration in the event, that alot of homeless and mentally ill, choose to not accept the many benefits offered to them
Very productive envoriment
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 30, 2014
At this position we had a team of four that would do out reach in the community to place consumers and advocates in a Mental Health Worker Training Course with licensed PsyD's/MFT's(Instructors) to receive their certification in the Mental Health field. After placing them in the 10 week course it was our job to properly place them in a 48 hour internship in one of our Pacific Clinics Facilities to shadow a Case Manager or Administration Supervisor to be prepared to work in that field. It was our job as the Employment Specialist of the program to have a case load of interns in our individual region to visit and make sure all work task were being handled properly. I've always worked in a fast paced environment but this job helps to keep my ability to handle a lot of task effectively and efficient.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
pay is too low
Limited advance opportunity for clerical staff
Administrative Revenue Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CA 91706October 10, 2014
Our Company is one of the best for behavioral services, in San Gabriel Area, however,for employee is very stressful, a lot of work and salary very low . No bonuses ever. Not a salary raise in 3 years. I love my company but I wish management recognize our hard work we do every day!!!
Pros
this company have the best holiday days off ever. co-workers are great
Cons
not able to move forward due to a lot of favoritism. is not how much you know is who you know.
Great way to be involved with your community.
Peer Partner (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 5, 2016
Sometimes it gets slow.
I learned how to professionally create relationships
Teamwork environment
You must keep up with tasks
Helps improve communication skills
Horrible Managment
Lead TBS Coach (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 26, 2013
PC is a great company, but very poor management skills and awful job security. I have been working full-time and will be laid off (due to a budget cut) next month. I have been treated unfairly over and over and have seen many co-workers leave the job due to its horrible working conditions. Managers are rude, immature and set horrible rules. The Program Director said the locks in our office were "ghetto" and constantly uses very degrading language. She runs a terrible program; no wonder there was a budget cut!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor managment
Na
Ontario, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 20, 2015
Great company, great benefits. Supervised clinicians and mental health workers that provided services to children with an open Los Angeles county DCFS case
Do not trust this company!!!!
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  El MonteMay 16, 2013
I was recently fired after 5 1/2 years of services because I did not make enough productivity hours. I was short 39 billable hours of the "target goal" and that was enough for them to fire me. I had excellent rapport with all my clients and peers and had no other problems besides the billable hours. I had only recieved a raise one year out of my five, all because my billable hours were not "on target". This company also routinely uses fear based tactics to keep their employees doing more with less by threatening employee benefits (such as raises and vestment to your retirement plan) at the first sign of a budget cut. This company and it's management (including directors) say they care about you and their clients, but I found out firsthand something I always knew, it's all about the billables. It doesn't matter if it is unfair, they will bully you to feel like an awful employee for not making them their money. I am very sad because I really enjoyed my peers and clients. It's too bad the company favors quantity over quality.
Pros
Working in teams equals more support, flexible schedule
Cons
Billable hours are all that matters to management/company
Avoid this company
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJanuary 25, 2016
As a non-profit, you will constantly hear about budget cuts and the resulting increased pressure for employees to increase their billable hours with no real incentive beyond hoping to not get fired. Individual clinicians and supervisors showed care for the clients, however, this was always undermined by the pressure to generate more money for the company. I witnessed and experienced clients being underserved so that clinicians could take on more clients than was ideal, or to take on clients that did not really meet the criteria for our programs in order to increase billing. Billable hours requirements are excessive when taken into consideration all the mandatory meetings, trainings and supervisions you will need to attend. Supervisors are aware that the requirement is excessive and so simply tell you that you must work outside of paid office hours in order to meet productivity, while simultaneously telling you to keep quiet about it since it violates labor laws. If a clinician does not meet the billing requirements, they simply fire them no matter how many years good service was provided. Expect to be given at least 60 hours of work per week, but paid based on a work week of 37.5. I had coworkers with young children speak guiltily of "only" working an extra two hours when they got home instead of all night like they usually did, while ironically being expected in their professional role to help troubled children and hold this work in the highest regard. Much of Pacific Clinic's activity is highly unethical, and I suspect not entirely legal, either. All of this leads to a completely  more... dispiriting experience for anyone with a genuine desire to help others. If you chose to put up with all this, expect to be laid off suddenly and without warning when the company loses county contracts. Do not believe that they will offer you a transfer, because they will not, even people who had been with them for decades were not offered transfers when our office closed. It's all about the money.  less
Pros
Many individual employees, clinicians and supervisors were wonderful people to work with.
Cons
The entire work culture, excessive pressure, hypocrisy, highly unethical activity.

2.8