Teach, Lead, Inspire
Join the Pacific Coast Kids Team!
With a mission to bridge the summer gap between school years and to create a fun learning environment for children to explore and discover, Pacific Coast Kids offers an exceptional summer camp experience in the Bay Area. Hosted in elementary schools in Palo Alto and Los Altos, classes are led by credentialed teachers who are enthusiastic about teaching and dedicated to make the summer learning fun for children. Pacific Coast Kids offers a wide variety of camps including Lego Camps, Science Camps, and Girls Camps. Campers range from children entering Kindergarten to sixth grade.
Each camp class at Pacific Coast Kids is designed to engage children's inquisitive minds, to encourage positive learning, and to inspire creativity. It takes a team that is highly responsible, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to deliver this exceptionally high-quality program. This team consists of experienced credentialed teachers, qualified college student counselors and high school volunteers interns.
Now you can be part of this team! If you're a highly energized college student who is looking for a great opportunity to inspire summer camp students, to be a role model, and to sharpen your professional skills this summer, join the Pacific Coast Kids Summer Camp Success Team!
Pacific Coast Kids is a day camp in Palo Alto, CA and Los Altos, CA. Neither lodging nor travel is compensated.
To apply, visit www.PacificCoastKids.com/jobs.htm
- Compensation based on experience
- Monday – Friday from 8:45 am – 3:15 pm
- Additional hours are available for handling extended care
- You're currently enrolled as a college student or a graduate student
- You love working with children
- You're enthusiastic, energetic, and creative
- Assist the main teacher/instructor to deliver the Pacific Coast Kids summer camp curriculum
- Collaborate with the teacher/instructor to create a collaborative and interactive environment
- Take initiative to identify and solve problems inside and outside the classroom
- Provide 1:1 attention to campers as needed in order to support the teacher/instructor's overall teaching goal
- Assist the teacher/instructor to identify the strengths and areas of improvement of each child in the class
- Assist the camp director to organize recess time camp-wide activities
- Lead the recess time outdoor activities and ensure a positive experience for children
- Ensure that all the children are involved in the various activities
- Provide leadership guidance to the high school volunteers
- Maintain adequate communication with the main teacher/instructor
- Participate in the mandatory pre-camp meeting and classroom setup
- Participate in the mandatory post-camp meeting
- Provide feedback on the curriculum and the camp operations
- Report to camp site on time
- Prefer commitment of 4 consecutive weeks or more