Pacific DataVision, Inc. (PDV), with offices in New Jersey and San Diego, is a recognized leader in advanced mobile workforce applications and mobile resource management solutions. Our solutions significantly increase the productivity and efficiency of field-based workers and provide our customers with higher revenue and improved call center and dispatch operations. The largest wireless carriers in the USA offer PDV products to their customers to keep their mobile workforces moving. pdvConnect and NextMail are hosted “Instant Mobile Resource Management” solutions that provide enterprises visibility into their mobile work force. pdvConnect provides mobile workers a way to wirelessly dictate, document, and share™ time sensitive information from any mobile phone to their office by simply using their voice. Workers can document situations and status with photos, time stamp, GPS coordinates and send them to the office without wasting valuable time waiting on hold or navigating a complicated mobile application. Our Intelligent Voice Queuing allows dispatchers to prioritize inbound communications based on the sender, message subject and location. Our solutions significantly increase the productivity and efficiency of field-based workers and provide our customers with higher revenue, reduced costs and improved call center and dispatch operations. Our products work in virtually every industry including transportation, construction, utilities, waste removal, field service, field sales/mobile professionals, public safety, government and others. Due to substantial growth and new partnership agreements, we are currently seeking a highly motivated senior software engineer to join our team of dedicated professionals.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
Job Duties & Skills:
The senior software engineer will have a strong development background in SIP, RTP, C, and C++. It is desired that the candidate have experience with vocoders such as EVRC, AMR, as well as web services & XML, VXML, and voice applications. Previous work with PoC, OMA, PTT and VoIP softphones a plus. Working knowledge of telecommunications network architectures is a plus. Some travel required.
1. Work on team to enhance PDV’s voice platform to include voice and video compression and decompression per our product roadmap and release schedule.
2. Implement new SIP related RFC, PoC, OMA and IMS standards as they emerge.
3. Implement, interface and test push to talk SIP gateway and web services interface and other functionality as appropriate.
4. Follow company software development standards including coding, backup, test, version
control and documentation.
5. Document the above designs in the form of requirements documents, specifications, user guides, and other software documentation.
6. Work on other tasks as part of the engineering team as directed by the Vice President of Engineering.
Basic Skills Required:
- Experience: 5 - 10 years in software development
- Degree Requirement: Bachelors or Masters
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows 2003 Server
- Software Skills - Mandatory: SIP, RTP, C, C++, Java
- Software Skills - Desired: VXML, SQL, VOIP, WAP, WML, AMR & EVRC vocoders, ODBC, .NET, PoC, OMA