Pacific Dental Services

Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews

Review for a GP
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Worked here for 2 years. Probably the worst work culture I have seen among all corporate dental chains. Management is disrespectful towards employees in general. Expected to automatically work long hours with monthly compulsory "training / brainwashing sessions" with no travel compensation. Dentists are responsible for everything that happens in the office. No point in calling it a corporate dental office if you get paid pennies and then have to manage it like a private practice.

Pros are you get to learn about CEREC in depth , but hard to get proficient at something when you have no time to do so. Again this means taking out time from your personal time.
Horrible
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 22, 2016
This company paints a really good picture lol but once your in the amount of care is less than what was said they use and abuse you.. I was an office manager and my Regional manager was a horrible one a lot of Drama and when you try to report anything to corporate they dig for anything to bash you instead of handling the unprofessional things happening in the work place the office was a mess when I got there and I'm sure it's unorganized still because instead of the regional manager teaming up with management and trying to make things flow better they rather talk about who makes the best Tacos and where there going for their next trip and Gossip Gossip Gossip.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Messy
Great place to learn about dentistry and healthcare from an operators perspective
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 21, 2016
Time, follow-through, and attention to detail will help you in your success with Pacific Dental Services. Candidate for Office Managers or Benefits Coordinators with backgrounds in customer service and retail can have great success. Be ready for a high paced environment where taking care of the patient and their overall health needs are #1. Office Managers work hard and this is not a 40 hour a week job. If you put in the time to learn the how's and the why's you can have great success.
Pros
Great entry opportunity for those wanting to break into healthcare
very productive office
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CADecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed working at lake forest dental group and orthodontics. The hardest part of the job was to get enough patients. As an associate dentist I only saw recall patients from previous associates which did not need much work or they were kids with no dental need therefore it was very hard to be very productive.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
competing for patient with the owner doctor
Christian based company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 22, 2017
This is a Christian based company which made it a pleasure to be a part of the team. Everyone had a willingness to be helpful within the various departments. PDS also gave back to the community by donating their time to give free dental care.
Pros
Pleasant working environment
Cons
Need better healthcare rates for employees & their families
Average company
Project and program management (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 6, 2016
I have worked for PDS in various positions and truly enjoy working with the organization.
Pros: You are given autonomy and will be able to exercise your skills with open arms. Fairly flexible.
Cons: If you need structure and prefer clear communication, maybe not the best fit. The direction from upper management is weak, and you will find yourself constantly on your toes trying to juggle fire. The company shifted from their focus on being the best dental company in America to simply profit driven - cutting bonuses to meet internal profit goals. Currently, they are restructuring and not communicating any of their plans - developing a fear and toxic culture. Pay is on par and health benefits are standard $3000 high option deductible.
A corporate experience that relied on walk in patients to do treatment at that time.
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 9, 2016
A corporate chain of dental practices that relied mostly on patients doing treatment at the time of diagnosis. It worked well for them, but sometimes I would be required to perform a full mouth scaling and root planing at the time I would be leaving the office, and also having me perform hygiene services alone in the office.
Most Unethical Place to Work For - Big SCAM
Office (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Pacific Dental Services, and especially this Palmdale office, is a big patient scam, and the dentists know it. one of the guys said it frankly that the patient doesnt have caries but he doesnt want to waste his time for less money, so he lied on the patient to charge insurance more.

They are all about money, do not believe their BS

Scam Scam Scam
Horrible
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CANovember 18, 2016
First of all this place is terrible , they treat their employees like dogs . You work hard , and they don't compensate you or reward you. No raises ever , it's like the manager dodges you when you ask . Working there for 2 1/2 years and no raise is very poor management. This place is like herding cattle in daily , and they don't care about the well being of the patient . Poor Customer service all around . Don't work here if you want to have self esteem or feel good about waking up everyday and working for a great place !!!!
December 6, 2016

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your experience at a PDS®-supported office did not meet your expectations. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Over work for Great pay with poor management
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, New Braunfels, San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Long hours. Far commute. Disorganized, dishonest management. Great pay if you demand it. Empty promises of increasing job opportunities. Friendly co workers that drop like flies. Good benefits. Lunch breaks are rare.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours. Dishonest, disorganized management.
Pacden
It Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 3, 2017
I really have nothing to say about the company other than I worked there expecting to be hired full, and was not. If you like to have non-tech management instruct you on your tech job, this is the place for you!
Co workers are great, environment comfortable, with exceptions. Pay is fair.
Pros
nothing to say about the company.
Cons
nothing to say about the company.
You Will Work Hard
OPERATIONS/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 29, 2016
Favorite part of my role with this organization was building long-lasting relationships with my patients, my team and my regional partners. Unfortunately, some members of executive leadership do not uphold the mission in the organization of developing and retaining its people. The pay is not competitive, in which I took a significant pay cut when agreeing to the position. Bonuses were exaggerated to seem as though my compensation would be what I am used to, but leadership made it difficult to reach maximum bonus. Unfortunately, my staff was making more than me when I was working 10-12 hr days and coming in on my off time without compensation. PDS is a good place to work depending on who your leadership is and the market you work in.
Pros
Community Involvement
Cons
Pay and hours dedicated to the job
December 6, 2016

We thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear you were able to build some long-lasting relationships. We are sorry to hear the job expectations initially portrayed to you did not match with those you experienced. We wish you the best in your future ventures.

Company is striving to move to an agile platform, but still has many challenges to overcome
SCRUMMASTER /SR. PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 8, 2017
I learned that change from one methodology to another required support from the top down to be successful.

This company was not prepared to move to agile and have not made the changes necessary to carry this out.
Fast paced work place
Lead Dentist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 19, 2016
The focus was not patient care as much as it was production and goal settings. The staff were not happy and were replaced constantly. The patient's best interest was not important and we had to keep on producing regardless of what is best for the patient!
Pros
Attractive, state of the art offices
Cons
Goal oriented and production driven
Worst place I've ever worked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  NevadaDecember 5, 2016
Do not work for this company! They treat their employees terribly as well as the patients. They expect so much from you that it's impossible to get it all done. The regional manager plays favorites and so do most of the managers that run the offices. All the doctors treat you like the gum on the bottom their shoe regardless of what position you hold. Most of the employees are two faced because they want to be liked so badly by the regional manager just so they can keep their job. The minute you try to speak your mind and stand up for yourself then they start doing what they can to make your life miserable to make you quit or eventually they will just fire you. The benefits are also horrible and there is no work life balance. Run fast away from this job it's not worth the stress.
Pros
Cons
Management, doctors, patient care, customer service, benefits
Large Company That Encouraged Charity
PLANS BENEFIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2016
Company is quite large and in many states, so performing charity activities is joyful and easy to get involved in, should one be interested. I built a playground in Denver and did the Susan B. Comen walk along with my peers, for example.
Pros
Pros: Charity opportunities
Cons
Cons: poor pay, no room for advancement
November 2, 2016

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were able to be a part of our opportunities to give back to the community! We recognize each office is structured differently therefore, potential for advancement varies dependent upon availability and time. We do wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.

Best place if you want the pay
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2017
The Office in Bernardo Heights was a complete challenge. Your work is never appreciated but its always expected of you to go out and beyond whats needed. Staff rarely takes responsibility for their roles in the office, from the doctors to the office management. Training is done fast and mostly its you standingbover someone so you need to take bites and try things b out if you wver find the time. What made things harder is that they hired a new manager who hadn't known anything of dental services so asking qyestions to your superior was not an option. Theres no professionalism among workers, everyone thinks they're friends and forget its a work facility. Th er y want to know your personal busy so it can be discussed in the front.
I wouldn't recommend thisbplace for someone who wants growth. If you desperately need the paycheck this company is satisfying. Almost makes up for the dreadful office experience.
Pros
Long lunches, pay
Cons
Management, training, unprofessional, unruly commute
fun, teamwork,
Senior Claims Tracing, Insurance Collections (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Team work, family oriented, friendly. Can be stressful at times, but someone is always willing to help. Very high volume of accounts and can become difficult at times to keep up.
Pros
fun
Cons
High volume
Growing Chaos
Interim Head of Engineering (contract) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Family company with growing chaos. There are some really awesome people who made the company what it is today. As always, there are some who are just political.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Growing chaos
Steady job
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2017
Nice day job. Usually pretty busy throughout the week. I enjoyed having weekends off. However, It was difficult to get time off during the week. Fast paced and learned a lot working here.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Dental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7