Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews

Hours are horrible
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 16, 2017
Patient care is not priority. It is often said but not truly practiced. It is a very competitive atmosphere and does not put patient care first on the list
Pros
career advancement
Cons
hours
Fast paced
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 16, 2017
They expect a lot from you. You must be extremely organized, a fast learner and have good time management. This place has a high turn over not many people stay for very long.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
It’s difficult to always get everything done and my go overtime
Nice place to work for right out of school
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 15, 2017
When i was hired i was told it was full time growing busy practice where my doctor was an "owner" doc and the office was run the way he wanted. Got hired found out it was not. 100$ corporate feel and less then full time needed. Very new staff and managment.
productive
Specialty Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2017
Address the need of patients and clinicians including (Endodontist,Periodontist,Oral Surgeon) in a fast-paced culture. Educate patients on payment options. Secure patients financial commitment to help them start the best treatment possible. Keep accurate financial records using patient software programs. Answer multiple phone calls.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Patients wait too long
Don't Waste your career time
Former member (Former Employee) –  National Support Center, Irvine CANovember 17, 2017
Extremely Poor Benefits & HR Managers. Speaks good on the face and plan on eliminating position, with no good reason in the back. Heavy work load, yet eliminated position under no good reason during holiday season. Used my services to complete a very very hectic Open Enrollment nationwide and immediately eliminated the role the following week. They will USE you before lose you. Favoritism. POOR HR management, ruining CEO's and company's name. Wasted my career time.. by them eliminating the position for Not a real good reason in a year. Invest your valuable time and career Somewhere Else. Don't waste your time!!
Pros
Some good co-workers
Cons
Poor untrustworthy Managers, Low compensation, Hectic Work, Favoritism
Official response from Pacific Dental Services
November 28, 2017

We truly appreciated the work you did while you were at Pacific Dental Services and it is unfortunate we needed to make the very difficult business decision of eliminating a position on the team. We never make these decisions lightly and we consistently strive to do the right thing for our team members. We wish you the very best in your future career endeavors.

Overall I loved working for this corporation
Specialty Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 15, 2017
This company is amazing depending on what office and manager you are paired with. Some offices are ran in conjunction with the PDS moral and ethic and some just are not.
Pros
Again depending on where your at there are great people and great discounts
Cons
Some offices are amazing and some specialize in favoritism
You have to know the right people to succeed here
Prefer Not to Say (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 8, 2017
If you don't know anyone at the executive level, you won't get anywhere. They only care about keeping Regional Partners happy and making money. Employee turnover means nothing to them. They have favorites and if you're not one, don't count on being treated fairly or keeping your job. Culture claims to be great, big joke. Benefits suck. Dental is only at their dental locations and I've hated every single experience at them. If you don't work late and weekends, you're not a team player. Gossip, brown nosers, cut throat executives, saw dozens quit during my short tenure.
Pros
Some coworkers were great people and friends
Cons
Too many to list
After getting to know the Doctors everything was fine.
RDA (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 7, 2017
A typical day here was very stressful cause you hardly get to work with one Doctor for very long and tempers stayed high but in the long run you will use to it or leave.
Pros
meeting up with co-workers after lunch and sometimes the Doctors
Cons
Job was a revolving door.
Great Benifits
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 7, 2017
Great benefit package, very fast paced. Management can be awful depending on office. Offices are very modern, with up to date technology and resources. Pay acceptable with options for bonus based on performance.
Cutthroat management and supervisors
Back office manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma caNovember 7, 2017
Cutthroat management and supervisors. It was all about the numbers it was a Cattlecall, you never get to know the patients and build a rapport with them. it was all about fast-paced hurry up get the job done, if you did anything wrong you were in trouble. I would never ever ever recommend this even to a new assistant very poor working conditions. They claim it’s the best place to work but in all reality it is the worst place to work if you want to have a life. The stress is so high in this job it sucks the life out of you
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Terrible place to work
Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 26, 2017
It was honestly so terrible. You are put in a hostile work environment where all you do is get reprimanded. They don't take their time training their employees and then get mad for you know knowing how to do something. This company is all about the numbers, not the patients. Manager was all about herself and will do ANYTHING not to get in trouble. You also get paid pretty much half of what other offices are willing to pay.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, poor managing, bad work enviroment
Good on the outside
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2017
Company seemed very attractive on the outside and for the most part was what the recruiter promised. However each region is run drastically different and unfortunately the newer regions are at the mercy of the management in that area. Newer managers are treated as guinea pigs as the regional team appears to just figure it out as they go along. I do believe that they will figure it out its just unfortunate that a lot of managers have become collateral damage along the way.
Pros
Decent compensation with ability to earn bonus
Cons
Poor structure in new region lack of transparency
wouldnt work here again if i could
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 18, 2017
not a good place to work unless youre a provider. they will plan to replace you without you even knowing. the doctors didnt apperciate annything they were money hungry. i would get major attitude from the front office for no reason. all i was trying to do was my job.
Pros
cerec experience
Cons
sometimes you dont get a break because the doctors schedule into lunch, rude doctors that threw fits, work goes unapperciated, leads and people that have worked there longer make you do all of the cleaning, theres no balance and a lack of team work, too much office gossip.
Excellent
Assistant Manager-Atascocita Modern Dentistry (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 16, 2017
PDS is an excellent company, the office I work for is amazing and the OD and OM are great. Great team and environment to work with. I would definitely recommend
Pros
Fast pace, cares for patients
Cons
Communication at times
Receptionist in training
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CAOctober 14, 2017
I worked for PDS for nearly two months and during that time, I realized that although the staff was wonderful and hard working, the company ethics are not that great. There's no training book for those who have NEVER worked dental before (when there are clear things to put down in a pre-made handbook for trainees), complaints are through the roof about the work done from the doctors and constant upselling to patients, and the schedule is way too packed and not so accommodating to the patients. The environment was fast paced but still enjoyable, it's good to have prior customer service experience, and be prepared to be thrown into the lions den pretty quickly. Although I loved the workplace culture, the hardest part of the job was the stress, lack of time I had to be with family, and hopping from one job to another. The most enjoyable time I had was gaining new knowledge and an understanding of my workspace with my coworkers and manager.
Pros
Pay, hour lunches, some slow time
Cons
Too fast paced, training not too great, no real social time
Long days, never appreciated
Dental Assistant/Back Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
I really enjoyed starting PDS and the team I worked with until I started seeing the revolving door of staff/managers. It seems to be an unorganized mess.
Pros
Made friends
Cons
Unappreciated
Not what I thought it would be
Dentist/Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 9, 2017
A lot of promises were made but not delivered on. I don't seem to be interested in people who are not trying to quote by in" to their company at 49%. Field heavily influenced as to the type of treatment I could provide and had no flexibility to give free or discounted treatments to friends and family or other people I wanted to. Very frustrating at times.
Pros
Office hours, up-to-date equipment
Cons
Very slow offices, Limited autonomy
It was an ok job
EDDA/Front Office (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 6, 2017
You must experience it for your self. I was able to connect with patients, that was my favorite time. Sometimes I felt as though the dentist would recommend treatment that was not necessary.
Always room for Growth
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 27, 2017
The company is a huge advocate of professional advancement. They provide activities within their region to support commitment and integrity within their employees.
benefits
Great opportunity for new grads.
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2017
I really enjoyed the culture at Pacific Dental Services, great people committed to their patients, very supportive environment, excellent benefits with opportunities for advancement and possible ownership.
Pros
Support, technology.
Cons
Constant need for production.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Dental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7