Pacific Dental Employee Reviews

good productive work place
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 15, 2015
Good place to work. They give bonuses and had 401k. Always had overtime.Good managers that help in training you. I filed and scaned paper work. I worked in the posting deparment I posted checks.
Pros
got bonuses
Cons
drive was far and so much traffic
Most the doctors are easy to get along with,on job training
Specialty dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2016
If your starting off in dentistry it's a good plan to learn and pick up skills if you have none. But there's just too much power in most management to where if you have an issue with management there is no one to run too, along with the compensation it's good at first but over a few years it's hard to get a raise, when they should notice we work overtime with no complaints.
Pros
On job training, doctors buy lunch, 401k, review for raise every 6 months
Cons
Short breaks to none working specialty, management out of control, hard to get ahead in the company
Overworked, Underappreciated, and Underpaid
Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 28, 2016
A typical day at work was for the most part pretty repetitive, the daily process was almost exactly the same as the day before but it was very tedious and strenuous. I learned better time management and how to use multiple computer applications. Management was the worst, it seemed that the employees needs and wants were put under managements. Though managers would seem to care and hold meetings to "solve" employee complaints they never really made big sacrifices to ensure employee satisfaction. Managers put extreme pressure on employees while they themselves received the a majority of the rewards. My co-workers were okay, some good and some bad per usual. They seemed threatened by other team members due to competitions held by multiple departments, which sometimes would cause tension. The hardest part of my job was the consistent last minute changes of job duties throughout the day and meeting difficult deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was those employees who were good, kind, and etc.
Pros
Snack market on premises, nice building, free shirts once per quarter, and monthly bonuses(depending on production of company)
Cons
bad management, underpaid, overworked
They take care of their employees
Specialty Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 14, 2016
My typical day at work starts at 5am, I'm on the phones all day assisting patients from all over the United States with questions and appointments, I enjoy some of the unknowns when a patient calls and trying to figure things out for them and love it when they say this is the best answering service they have ever experienced.
Pros
They work with you on hours during the week
Cons
1 hour lunches with 2 -10 minute breaks
This was a fun working atmosphere with good people
Dental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed this line of work because it was something that required me to learn the language of the dental world. You could be creative, and work with some neat tools. I wouldn't mind trying to pursue this career again.
Pros
Creativity with your hands
Cons
I got layed off
i would rather forget I worked here
specialty dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
Poor maintenance of offices, questionable if some offices are even up to code. An overhead light actually fell apart and landed on a patient. Low pay, minimal levels of operation.
Pros
Immediate health benefits
Cons
run down offices, low pay, poor morale
Great company to work for
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 14, 2016
This is a great company benfits are amazing, but the work life is horrible! Doctors are overbooked and stress out, they take it out on all staff and have no respect for the assistants.
benefits
Cons
rude doctors
Excellent
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 5, 2016
Very nice place to work, comfortable, professional, very cosmetic.
Offers good benefits and good services.
Give opportunity to grow in the company and helps with certificate programs.
Pros
Flexible schedule
amazing general dental practice
receptionist (Former Employee) –  marina districtMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work would include in orderly fashion
-check messages
-make necessary changes to today's schedule
-greet patients as they come in
-explain treatment plans as necessary
-set up follow up appointments
-verify insurance coverage, estimate for treatment plans for next day patients
-send out statements
-set up next day schedule, confirmation calls
Loved my co workers, but management provided little support.
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, COMarch 10, 2016
Days were busy and sometimes hectic due to the amount of patient influx. My co workers and I all seemed to get along for the most part. A few, who shall not be named, were granted "permission" to treat others poorly and management always skirted over these facts even when brought to light.

I was told that it would be 3-6 months before I would be proficient at my position, which I was ready for. What I was not ready for was the lack of organization and support from management to get the training needed they said they would provided. After several months of asking to attend the regular training classes but being told I could not go and that I was needed in the office, I was scolded for not knowing a certain aspect of my job. An aspect that was gone over thoroughly in the training classes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was finally being able to tell a patient that their dental care would fit into their budget. The company seems to have a great outlook on things in general. It was easy to form tight bonds with my coworkers in a professional manner. However, my 4 months of demanding the training but being denied has finally rubbed me raw enough to force to find work elsewhere.

I cannot work for a company that promises training, denies it, then hands out pink slips because for not knowing information in said training.
Pros
many
Cons
management is not interested in training
Not personable
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 21, 2016
Not easy people to work with. Very catty and money oriented not focused on what is best for the Pt.
nothing I 8 years of dental experience and was hoping to learn more and they would not teach me new methods.
Management was shady and not forthcoming with information.
They would always have the same person stay 2-3+ hours after COB to finish tasks that others could have before leaving.
Good place to work, tough training
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 14, 2016
Not a bad place to work, just beware that when it comes to training, especially if you haven't worked in dental before, it's up to you to figure it all out.
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
Little support from upper management
Amazing Company with amazing people
... (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 19, 2016
I have never worked for a Company like this! I'm always happy to be at work. There's never a day that I'm unhappy going in, unlike my previous jobs. Everyone is soo friendly. My boss is amazing and tries his best to work with everyone as much as he can. Supervisors are always there to answer your questions when needed. Company is always involved with Charity and have fun contest. Best place I've ever worked!! Extremely happy to be apart of this team.
Excellent Managment Developement Programs
Regional Specialty Back Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 17, 2016
My position was rare in that I made my own day. I worked from home 2 or 3 days a week then went out to the field to visit my teams, specialists and/or offices. This is a support position that requires a highly organized individual with a strong work ethic.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Excessive Hours and availability to employees
overall a good work environment
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 7, 2014
if you don't like being busy and you don't like staying over hours, this isn't the job for you. the manager at my office is the best boss i've had, though i've not heard the same at other offices. the job is demanding and challenging, however, it isn't exactly how it was presented to me and i'm not sure about advancement since they seem to keep hiring managers from outside the company. the only reason i'm looking for another company is because i don't get the whole 'doctor' mentality and i don't see myself fitting in much with the company culture. the best part is the small close knit group that you work with.
Pros
co workers, management
Cons
long hours, busy to the point of insanity
Great management, questionable doctors
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atascocita, TXFebruary 2, 2016
I had fabulous training for my position, however the doctor-patient relationships were not created, making it almost impossible to do my job.
Fast, growing company.
Regional Marketing Team Member (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 12, 2012
Company values is great, but challenging to advance and receive raises.
Pros
great team memebers.
Cons
health insurance not so good.
Collaborative and innovative environment.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2014
Friendly co-workers. Team-oriented environment with fun activities for employees from time-to-time. Heavy workload in a fast growing company. The opportunity to give back to the community and be involved was enjoyable.
Pros
employee involved fun activities.
Cons
lack of good communication from management.
low pay
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaMarch 27, 2015
stressful work environment, stretch all employee positions due to busy volume and dont want to pay for experienced healthcare prof. therefore they hire employees with no experience in the dental field, resulting in high turn over. or in-experienced low wage employees.
Traveled for the company doing perio ,os
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 22, 2014
Company was great to work for ,but needs improvement in the management and communications, and osha laws
Pros
working all over la
Cons
working though lunches, and traveling all over day after day.