Pacific Dental Employee Reviews

Run away as fast as you can
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  TXJune 7, 2017
This is a sales job. It is all about convincing patients to agree to do expensive treatment. The sole focus being on doctor production. You will feel like a used car salesman, always trying to get them to agree no matter what.

Leadership is a joke as they are rarely seen but always heard. No support just demands.

I would not recommend this company to anyone anywhere at any time.
muy buen ambiente de trabjao
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 20, 2017
Fue una muy buena experiencia, excelente grupo de trabajo. muy buenos doctores, trabaje muy a gusto el tiempo que estuve en esa clinica, pero siempre me mantuve buscando algo mas cerca de casa, y un lugar que me permitiera realizar otras activiades.
Terrible and un organized
Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 18, 2017
The management was all messed up and things were always getting stolen from the office. Hours were cut short cause they had to many workers. just overall terrible
Great place
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2016
I had the best time working there and learning new technology with great staff!!! Would highly recomend this place in Atlanta. I got to meet a lot of chalenges with new technology but it was great!
Pros
Great company
Cons
Healthcar
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 6, 2016
Good place to work, more family oriented. Alot of family works in the construction department. which many not always be a good idea for someone who wants to move up in the company.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
too many family members
good
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2016
Great opportunity to get into the healthcare industry. Good business model. Empowered to grow, build and develop your team. Very fulfilling and rewarding
Good for experience only
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 20, 2016
Management does not listen to their employees. Hard work is not rewarded. Very intense work environment for low pay. Too many changes happening in the call center and not for the good.
Pros
experience is good
Cons
everything
Lots of room for professional development
Traveling Oral Surgery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2016
Pacific Dental Services is a rapid growing company with a lot of growth potential. It also allows you to move around if you would like to relocate.
Pros
Competitive pay and full benefits
Cons
My position does not allow much for work/life balance.
Overworked, Underappreciated, and Underpaid
Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 28, 2016
A typical day at work was for the most part pretty repetitive, the daily process was almost exactly the same as the day before but it was very tedious and strenuous. I learned better time management and how to use multiple computer applications. Management was the worst, it seemed that the employees needs and wants were put under managements. Though managers would seem to care and hold meetings to "solve" employee complaints they never really made big sacrifices to ensure employee satisfaction. Managers put extreme pressure on employees while they themselves received the a majority of the rewards. My co-workers were okay, some good and some bad per usual. They seemed threatened by other team members due to competitions held by multiple departments, which sometimes would cause tension. The hardest part of my job was the consistent last minute changes of job duties throughout the day and meeting difficult deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was those employees who were good, kind, and etc.
Pros
Snack market on premises, nice building, free shirts once per quarter, and monthly bonuses(depending on production of company)
Cons
bad management, underpaid, overworked
Good dentists helping patients get healthier and happier
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 16, 2016
Good place for someone to break into the healthcare field...Having a background in retail (in particular if you can manage multiple teams and projects) could be a plus. Growing dental support organization with lots of training and support.
This was a fun working atmosphere with good people
Dental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed this line of work because it was something that required me to learn the language of the dental world. You could be creative, and work with some neat tools. I wouldn't mind trying to pursue this career again.
Pros
Creativity with your hands
Cons
I got layed off
Great company to work for
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 14, 2016
This is a great company benfits are amazing, but the work life is horrible! Doctors are overbooked and stress out, they take it out on all staff and have no respect for the assistants.
benefits
Cons
rude doctors
Excellent
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 5, 2016
Very nice place to work, comfortable, professional, very cosmetic.
Offers good benefits and good services.
Give opportunity to grow in the company and helps with certificate programs.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
They take care of their employees
Specialty Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 14, 2016
My typical day at work starts at 5am, I'm on the phones all day assisting patients from all over the United States with questions and appointments, I enjoy some of the unknowns when a patient calls and trying to figure things out for them and love it when they say this is the best answering service they have ever experienced.
Pros
They work with you on hours during the week
Cons
1 hour lunches with 2 -10 minute breaks
Most the doctors are easy to get along with,on job training
Specialty dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2016
If your starting off in dentistry it's a good plan to learn and pick up skills if you have none. But there's just too much power in most management to where if you have an issue with management there is no one to run too, along with the compensation it's good at first but over a few years it's hard to get a raise, when they should notice we work overtime with no complaints.
Pros
On job training, doctors buy lunch, 401k, review for raise every 6 months
Cons
Short breaks to none working specialty, management out of control, hard to get ahead in the company
i would rather forget I worked here
specialty dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
Poor maintenance of offices, questionable if some offices are even up to code. An overhead light actually fell apart and landed on a patient. Low pay, minimal levels of operation.
Pros
Immediate health benefits
Cons
run down offices, low pay, poor morale
amazing general dental practice
receptionist (Former Employee) –  marina districtMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work would include in orderly fashion
-check messages
-make necessary changes to today's schedule
-greet patients as they come in
-explain treatment plans as necessary
-set up follow up appointments
-verify insurance coverage, estimate for treatment plans for next day patients
-send out statements
-set up next day schedule, confirmation calls
Good place to work, tough training
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 14, 2016
Not a bad place to work, just beware that when it comes to training, especially if you haven't worked in dental before, it's up to you to figure it all out.
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
Little support from upper management
Loved my co workers, but management provided little support.
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, COMarch 10, 2016
Days were busy and sometimes hectic due to the amount of patient influx. My co workers and I all seemed to get along for the most part. A few, who shall not be named, were granted "permission" to treat others poorly and management always skirted over these facts even when brought to light.

I was told that it would be 3-6 months before I would be proficient at my position, which I was ready for. What I was not ready for was the lack of organization and support from management to get the training needed they said they would provided. After several months of asking to attend the regular training classes but being told I could not go and that I was needed in the office, I was scolded for not knowing a certain aspect of my job. An aspect that was gone over thoroughly in the training classes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was finally being able to tell a patient that their dental care would fit into their budget. The company seems to have a great outlook on things in general. It was easy to form tight bonds with my coworkers in a professional manner. However, my 4 months of demanding the training but being denied has finally rubbed me raw enough to force to find work elsewhere.

I cannot work for a company that promises training, denies it, then hands out pink slips because for not knowing information in said training.
Pros
many
Cons
management is not interested in training
Amazing Company with amazing people
... (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 19, 2016
I have never worked for a Company like this! I'm always happy to be at work. There's never a day that I'm unhappy going in, unlike my previous jobs. Everyone is soo friendly. My boss is amazing and tries his best to work with everyone as much as he can. Supervisors are always there to answer your questions when needed. Company is always involved with Charity and have fun contest. Best place I've ever worked!! Extremely happy to be apart of this team.