Pacific Drilling S.A. is a growing offshore drilling company that provides global ultra-deepwater drilling services to the oil and natural gas industry through the use of high-specification drillships. Our corporate offices are located in Houston, Texas with operations offices in Brazil, Nigeria, Singapore and South Korea.
The Senior Internal Auditor will conduct and lead audits at Pacific's Corporate Headquarters, as well as international and offshore locations. Audit engagements will include financial and operational audits, SOX compliance, assisting the Company's external auditors and ad hoc engagements, as requested by the Audit Committee and Senior Management.
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Assist in the Company's SOX compliance:
-Coordinating with business process owners regarding the documentation and operating effectiveness of their processes, risks and controls.
-Prepare process level risk assessments to identify significant risks and their related controls.
-Perform independent testing with minimum supervision.
-Coordinate with external auditors on SOX testing, timing, results and related activities.
-Recommend changes and improvements to existing controls, standards and procedures to improve operating performance while strengthening the control environment.
-Coordinate with IT process owners, and related SOX testing, regarding IT application controls that support business controls.
-Provide ongoing SOX training for business unit management and business process owners.
-Maintain and update Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, including test plans, narratives, flowcharts and request lists.
- The Senior Internal Auditor should be proficient in performing the following activities:
-Day to day management of audit projects to ensure that milestone dates are met and projects are completed on time.
-Perform preliminary audit plan, which includes documenting processes via process maps, flowcharts and requests.
-Develop procedures and programs to align Internal Audit objectives and goals with the goals of Pacific Drilling.
-Identify key control points within a process / activity and develop audit test steps designed to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of those internal controls.
-Complete all audit processes and tasks timely, including planning, workpapers, clearing review notes, and drafting audit reports.
-Identify and document weakness in control design and effectiveness based on analysis performed.
-Prepare draft reports of audit findings tailored to the nature of the work performed and with the level of quality necessary for an executive audience.
-Supervise the follow-up on audit reports to determine if required action was taken, document and communicate the results of the review.
-Review segregation of duties and segregation of access to make informed recommendations to management.
-Ensure that audit recommendations are implemented in accordance with the action plans.
-Review the work of other team members as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Master's Degree in business related field preferred, not required.
- 2+ years of audit (internal/ external) experience.
- Strong understanding of SOX compliance regulations and standards.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls.
- Intermediate understanding of IT applications, processes and controls.
- CPA or CIA preferred.