Pacific Foods Employee Reviews

Poisonous Work Environment
Mix and Blend Operator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 18, 2017
Management is unprofessional. They gossip to each other about their least favorite employees in a hurtful way. Regardless of how hard you work unless you area a favorite you will always be talked down upon.
Pros
The pay and schedule.
Cons
Managements unprofessional level.
terrible management and work ethics
Fill and Retort Operator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 18, 2017
terrible company no bonuses not enough sick time unrealistic expectations no consequence for people sitting around not working reward those people when hey do work and dont acknowledge consistent hard work
Great Quality cultured oriented company
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 30, 2017
I am proud to have worked for Pacific foods because of their core values and beliefs. The company strongly beliefs in employee safety as well as food and safety and quality. They pursue an environmentally friendly goal and considers any decisions how it will impact employees, environment, community and their contractors or services.
Pros
Good philosophy, core values
Cons
Falling under its own weight
Consistent hard work.
Mix and blend operator (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORFebruary 20, 2017
Come in to work and attend a daily meeting with all employees and managers for swing shift then meet for another short meeting with direct manager and employees of a specific section and then meet with the person from the other shift that was being relieved about how the equipment actually ran, whether it was good or bad.
Pros
The team of individuals that were on my shift.
Cons
Micro managing.
A "soup"er place to work!
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 2, 2016
A typical day includes monitoring/testing and documenting raw ingredients, finished products, and package integrity results. The QA Techs will verify that the machinery is cleaned by performing visual inspections and ATP swabs. Time management is key as the line is running for the majority of the shift. It is often fast-paced with lots of walking in the warehouse. Techs will communicate with the operators and solve problems that arise during production.

Management is great. They are very friendly and always work with you and encourage communication. The co-workers are also friendly. There are only about 8 operators per line, per shift, so you get to know each other pretty well.

Pacific will do community events (within the company and with other businesses) and they try to make the culture enjoyable. They will have food giveaways and casino nights. When down-sizing a department, they don't fire any employees, they transfer them to a different line or building, It was very nice knowing that there was job security.
Pros
Free and discounted products, 3-4 day weekends
Cons
Physically demanding
I currently dont want to say too much
Continuous improvement manager/Processing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 2, 2016
I have been there for almost 4 years. I was stuck on a dead end job. If you are doing a great job there you most likely will be stuck there
Pros
Great People in production
Cons
Management is not transparent
Great place to work.
mix and blend/uht operator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 2, 2016
Day to day atmosphere is very comfortable. Half hour pass down between shifts keeps everyone on the same page.

Some intense physical labor, but coworkers tend to be helpful.

Tend to overwork the management team.

Great pay scale, and they are always looking to improve in every way they can.
Pros
Great benefits, free giveaways, company store.
Cons
Tend to be short handed at times.
Very interesting job, challanging and fun learning place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 9, 2016
I started as a maintenance technician and I learned a lot about PLC and automation for Tetra Pack, Stork and other aseptic equipment. Working along engineers and contractors I was exposed to the most advanced technology learning to installing, commissioning and maintained
Pros
Family frednly work schedule, smart people, good benefits
Cons
Little or no training provide
Great company to work for
Mix and blend operator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORDecember 8, 2015
best job i have had yet. the money was amazing. benefits were average. TLs were on point and very coachable. workers were always willing to help regardless the circumstance.
Pros
great people and great environment
Cons
micromanaging
Excellent workforce
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 29, 2015
Learned a lot of food experience...had to move here because my mom and dad got sick. But a great job nonetheless....was head over soy milk production
managenment needs a lot of work
Aseptic Filler (Current Employee) –  tualatin orSeptember 9, 2015
Okay place to work. No room for advancement only lateral moves to other departments. employees are clicky and that is okay by management as long as the job gets done. does not care about advancement of employees, they may plaster owner's motto everywhere but they don't care. 20% attrition rate across the whole company.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, fallow through with employee feed back, training
great place to work
Filler and Retort Operator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORSeptember 3, 2015
This is a wonderful company to work for the hours are long (12 hours) but you work a rotating 3/4 days so you get 4 days off every other week and you earn overtime every day.
Good work environment
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 20, 2015
Typical day is attending production meeting in the morning to receive the work orders that need to be pulled and staged for the day. Perform cycle counts, receive incoming product and distribute to their proper locations, and complete data entry of the product received.
Co-works were great, management was as well. There was nothing hard about the job.
Pacific Foods
Red Meat Processer B7 (Current Employee) –  Tualatin OregonAugust 6, 2015
My day to day work day is not as I've thought it would be like. My co-workers are amazing but my SO is was ruins the shift. People with power that shouldn't have power. But Tl's are amazing and management could be better. Hardest part of my job is dealing with all the rules and specs that they have in play. I've learned a lot at pacific foods. If I explained it, it would be 7 pages long. My enjoyable moment of my day is when my shift is over.
Pros
Na
Cons
Meh
great company to work with
Downstream Operator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 19, 2015
amazing atmosphere, great people to work with, awesome benefits and pay. Would definitely suggest others to apply here. Caring company.
Best Job Ever
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 16, 2015
Best company I have had the pleasure of working for.

Day started at 4am and stayed no later the 5pm.
I learned about a new culture and how to bake in a French and Japanese style.
Pacific Foods of Oregon
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 28, 2015
Great food, clean working environment, decent pay and benefits. 12 hours shifts are tuff which might contribute to high turnover.
Pros
Food discounts and daily overtime
Cons
long shifts and average pay
Imagine a glorified High School Mentallity at best.
Dumb schmuck (Former Employee) –  Tualatin OregonNovember 10, 2014
You get your foot in the door and they try to break it. It is the best way to summarize it. There is only a few social cliques there but you better fit it or your out. I have seen people: used, abused, harassed, and humiliated. Sometimes this is for the entertainment of others, sometimes for their petty revenge, and other times to give someone else as bad of a day as their having. I personally witnessed how they get rid of people they don't like. It is not just enough to fire them, or lay them off, they want to infiltrate every aspect of that persons life and make it as miserable as possible until they die or terminate them. If that poor employee tries to find a job somewhere else they break the law and tell the perspective employer a bunch of bad press. You will have your social media and home email investigated. If you signed a HIPPA agreement you will have your medical information invaded and used against you. If you say anything that is not generalized it will be turned against you.

The only building that is climate controlled is the main building. Your work environment can be as cold as 30 in the winter and up to 120 in the summer. You will be exposed to hazardous and deadly chemicals, but if you say anything about the exposure rate they will find a reason to get rid of you.

The tools they supply are a joke at best, if you bring anything from the outside that works better you can plan on having it stolen. I saw one employee have to use dull scissors for over a year. They are that cheap.

If you are a woman you can sleep your way to the top
  more... here.

Others have noted about favoritism. You bet. Before I left I watched the company give one person around a month of free vacation. If you have ever heard of a paid education, where a company pays for the degree without the person getting the education, this is where you will see it.

The insurance there is a joke at best. I mean you are getting a HMO plan without it being a HMO. But hey, you will feel a lot better knowing that lower management on up is making bank, driving nice cars, and living in houses.

So if you want to work in a outdoor environment inside while wearing canvas coveralls, have to kiss up all the time, deal with chemicals everyday, have your personal life invaded, deal with backstabbing on a grandiose scale, be lied to all the time, and just plain out want to shorten your life. Then by all means work here. And if you ever want to know what it is like experiencing the southern end of afterlife, you will have that under your belt.
Pros
a check
Cons
insurance, people, atmosphere, tools, favoritism, quid qo pro
Upper managment is just a joke in all departments
Building 17 (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, Sherwood, WilsonvilleAugust 12, 2014
The company's core values and giving back to the community is great, their ways to recycle are also great. The management and nearly all team leaders have little to zero previous experience with management. To say the upper management picks favorites doesn't even say enough. They 'promote from within' as long as you kiss every behind for as long as it takes. I have been with this company a year and 5 months and I have an actual list of all the people that have either quit or gotten fired. That list stands at 37 people JUST in one of the buildings/departments. Their turn over rate is wild, that alone should tell you how this company is ran. Beware and look elseware, even the temps leave in a hurry.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, a few good men, pay for school after 1 year of employment
Cons
Zero vacation time offered, zero understanding of management, favoritizm, list goes on.
Maintenance team suck, there is no training at all
current maintenance employee (Current Employee) –  TualatinMarch 29, 2014
Normally the Work load is high, they do not give proper training, and the management especially the maintenance team is disconnected from the team, Co workers are good, and the hardest part is there is no appreciation for a good job.
Pros
Good Co workers
Cons
Not a good management, work load is high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Foods. Our community is ready to answer.