Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)

Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Employee Reviews

Shift in Culture
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2015
Shift in culture in the short time I've been there and heavily focused on safety, process improvements and increasing overall efficiency. Heavy spending in IT with technology in field, but lack in spending in IT for tools for employees
Difficult job with a lot of indepedence
Auditing Contractor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: A lot of Driving and disorganized project
I was contracted through Robert Stephen Consulting a chunk of all of PG&E's property to see that their floor plans were still the same. It was very flexible but did require a lot of driving and planning beforehand. Essentially, I just walked through their buildings and made sure that everything was exactly as my tablet said. If things did no match up I had to redraw them with measurements and send the drawings to an architect at PG&E to have fixed.
Great Company
Senior Recruiter/ Senior Talent Advisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2015
Amazing company, love working here! Very stable company.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.

Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Great Group
Associate Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 1, 2015
The group I was in was amazing. You get to work with great individuals and learn a lot from a company that has been around for a long time.
Nice people, team aspect is highly driven and working
Night restoration and control supervisor (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: In most cases union personel work well with management.
Cons: Some folks who are key decesion makers, haven't a clue what needs to be done.
Generally, a comfortable place to work. However at some times, some management folks were so focused driven on some goals that would reflect their bonuses or possible promotions .... they in a sense, tuned out the reality of what really happens and what needs to be done. In today's culture, I'm guessing this goes on all over, gathering from various conversations I have with folks whom are in various industries.
Law Dept
Legal Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2015
I was not managed properly or professionally and did not like working for PGE. I would not go back there again. I handled all projects totally alone, but had unreasonable and unfair projections put on me, with the limited resources i was given to work with.
Great company, great values, great people.
Change Management Expert (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits that just can't be beat.
Working for a company that places such a high emphasis on community and personal safety is a delight. I recently had the opportunity (and there are many opportunities here) to visit the field and speak with construction crews. Their concern for the local community and with the safety of their crews and the general public is nothing like I've ever seen before. No matter who you talk to - whether it's an employee or a contractor - you can tell the values of the company are deeply held and honored.

That really is the essence of creating a company culture isn't it? When you see that kind of commitment - it just makes you proud to be an employee.

The best part of the job is that overall, you know you're adding value - and the value goes beyond the internal customers. What you do every day will eventually impact a customer in a positive way.

The hardest part of the job is figuring out roles and responsibilities across the organization. From a change management perspective it's probably the most challenging. However, the transparency of Who's Who - having pictures of people in their Outlook and in an online org chart is fantastic.
Customer Service-Local Presence Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2015
As a intern you learn a lot about the company. As a intern you don't necessarily get to take on too much meaningful work. Management is nice and supportive. The CEO seems like a great person with good leadership.
Policies need a change
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Lots of Overtime Opportunities
Cons: Had to take Verbal Abuse from Customers
The Customers who called in were Verbally Abusive. Rules and Policies were not consistent.

I cant say there was anything enjoyable about this job.
The filing involved people througout the Company - learned a lot.
Case Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Healthcare and Nice People.
Cons: Commuting could be tedious.
Busy workplace with great attention to detail - dealing with legal timelines and accuracy cultivate a focused mind. The annual FERC filing consisted of witnesses crafting testimony for various departments throughout the Company (e.g., Finance Department) - the variety of areas made this work interesting.
Relaxed environment but very political
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), SF Bay AreaMay 6, 2015
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: groups work in too many silos
Great environment for safety. Relatively young workforce. Open work stations that can get pretty noisy. Modern technology and equipment. Most people have flexibility about telecommuting at least some of the time.
Low stress but too traditional
Principal Analyst, Integrated Resource Planning (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Job stability, relatively low stress
Cons: Limited advancement opportunities, lower compensation than its peers
This is a company that offers relative stability and job security but suffers from antiquated thinking and a very hierarchical structure that limits its ability to evolve. The energy business is undergoing rapid transformation and presents great opportunities in many areas including renewable energy, smart grid technologies and electrification of transportation. Unfortunately, despite its size and critical role in providing energy, PG&E is not a very nimble or forward thinking organization and doesn't present an inspiring career environment for anyone seeking to advance quickly in the energy business. I think this is partly attributable to it being a regulated utility and partly because it is a very old company.
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 24, 2015
 Hand on experience the configuration and implementation of various Cisco Routers and L2 Switches.
 Checkpoint Level3 operations support with hardware operations - fixed all problems & RMA's, taking any escalations that dealt with the equipment and its connection: interfaces, VLAN's, routes, etc.
 Maintain and configure Cisco ACS devices to support AAA security for both external remote access and internal wireless connectivity.
 Maintained and provided support for LAN/WAN infrastructure as needed. This included working on specific hardware such as switches, routers, PIX, wireless APs, VPN Concentrators, frame relay, IPSec VPN and other entities.
Traditional Value Company
Legal Finance Associate (Former Employee), CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Slowly upgrading to current technology
Working at PG&E is like working with extended family. The company prides itself on its close knit community. I've made many lifelong friends from all over the bay area. The employees are the most enjoyable part of working with PG&E!
Productive with safety first
Gas Service Rep (Former Employee), Richmond, CAApril 15, 2015
Typical day involved customer generated appointments for gas appliances and service. Along with immediate response to gas leaks and down power lines. Most enjoyable was meeting new customers and filling their needs and eliminating hazardous conditions.
Engineering intern
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), San Ramon, CaliforniaApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Very slow work environment
Project cost analysis for over 200 previous projects. Learned SAP and provided summaries and graphics pertaining to the progress of the clearance operations team.
Customer Suppor Tech (Former Employee), Concord, CAMarch 31, 2015
Took calls from PG&E employees with PG&E facility related matters.
I learned different PG&E applications.
Management was hands on with their employees.
Co-workers were great and approachable.
Making sure that all the PG&E badge request were processed and managing all inboxes.
The Challenge.
Solid Company and a good place to work and grow
Journeyman Gas Measurement & Control Mechanic (Current Employee), San Carlos, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, quality workmanship, good people.
Cons: Very few
After 12 years with PG&E I've learned a lot and accomplished a lot, met a lot of smart people and worked with a lot of quality people. I'm doing what I like and feel that it matters. Everyday I'm learning something new, that's the best way to participate in the growth of a company.
I liked my co-workers and the productivity was good.
T-300 Installer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 26, 2015
We started early in the morning. I learned the installation of gas and electric meters, I also did module work on the meters. I would input the new information into our computer. At the end of the day I would finish up by stocking and cleaning up my truck.
This is a great place to work
Operating Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 21, 2015
This is a great place to work with great people doing a lot of great things. I've learned a lot and grown a lot working for this company:-)

1 2 3 4 5

About Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)

What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, – Read more

Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Salaries