PACIFIC HOMEWORKS Employee Reviews

It's a job but it isn't all business
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 19, 2016
I've been works here for almost two years as a sales rep. We visit homeowners and sell them our product is. I knew nothing about construction or sales and PHW taught me all I needed to do well.

Their management is extremely motivating. They are extremely patient and do a great job holding people to standards and expectations.

One of the best things about working here (asides from the money) is the rest of the sales team. Once or twice a week a lot of us get together in the evening and do our thing. Feels like I'm back in a fraternity.

I like this job because it allows me to come in, work hard, make the money I need, and go take a ton of time off.
Awesome job with great growth potential.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 19, 2016
Pacific Homeworks has taught me everything I needed to know to be successful. The work environment is very appealing to me because everyone is like family.
I don't have to sit behind a desk, I can work more if I want to earn more, and the company will never cap my salary. I'm happy to have found this job and plan to work here for years to come.
Pros
Reimbursements, bonuses, no salary caps, always busy
Cons
On the go
Fun place to work and great team!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 16, 2016
I love my job! I have been a sales rep for almost a year now and it is by far the best job I have EVER had! Everyone is super friendly and they work really hard with you if you want to succeed.
Good company
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 27, 2016
I was there for a short period of time but the time I was there I made good money with good management and good co workers. I don't know if things have changed but if offered another opportunity to come back with better pay maybe I would go back.
Pros
commission
Cons
work weekends
Not stuck behind a desk!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 18, 2016
I've been an outside sales rep with pacific homeworks for 5 years. The best thing is to be out in the field and not stuck behind a desk... All while not being micromanaged. The team is very positive to work with and does a great job helping one another at getting better at the trade. Most people look out for other near as much as them selves.

I did fairly well my first year; made over $80,000. Every year I got better and my yearly take home was a lot higher

I've got to know management and the owners quite well over the years and each year my respect for them has increased. Quite often we all meet up for a nice dinner or whatnot.
Pros
Outside. High Commissions. Evening Dinners. Don't have to find leads for myself
Cons
Some days can be long, however others will be short.
Fast paced work place
Human Resources Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 31, 2016
I was able to learn a lot the year I worked at Pacific Homeworks. Busy at all times, and schedule was perfect. Started as a receptionist and ending job position was as an Human Resources Assistant.
Pros
free lunches and coffee
Cons
no breaks
Excellent learning experience
AUTOCAD DRAFTER (Current Employee) –  Friday Harbor, WAMay 9, 2016
I work with an Architect who is ready and willing to explain the small details of building design. He teaches me how to build a house as we work together. I have advanced from drawing patterns to suggesting changes in the floor and roofing plans.
Pros
Flexible working conditions. I can work at home.
Cons
Not a full-time job. I'm only employed when a contract is active.
Excellent environment to learn sales and marketing
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working with the sales and marketing teams there. Very knowledgeable about products and the field in general. Definitely a great experience.
A day on the job
Inside Marketing/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2015
Positive work environment. Upbeat and fun. Manager was always there to encourage us to do better and to help us with any issues that arose.
Pros
Upbeat work environment
fun atmosphere and friendly goals
Trainer (Former Employee) –  san diegoMarch 19, 2015
would walk around for about 6 hours throughout the day, talk to people and set leads for sales manger, get 10 thousands dollars in sales weekly.
Pros
hourly plus commission
Cons
weekly quota needed to be met
fun team meetings
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 29, 2015
typically started the day with team meetings and the went on to do sales on home repairs. learned how to work in sales and work with people face to face.
Boring, Deceptive need I say more
Telemarketing department (Former Employee) –  TorranceJanuary 23, 2015
The Job especially if you are new is to talk homeowners into getting a "free estimate. You don't need to do anything now just keep it it's good for a year".meaning a long sales presentation. .The poor Sales rep that gets sent has to pressure the client into signing now.Most calls are to people who have said no repeatedly, or declined the overpriced qoute.
If you like harassing people over the phone work here.They teach and pressure to keep on until you agree..If you don't want to pressure people don't work here. .It is a poor business model.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
loud place. Pressuring consumers. long hours
Exciting job with great earning potential
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 14, 2014
Each day we would begin the day with a morning meeting in which we went over goals met and goals being set. We would then go into the field and perform door to door sales. I found the job to be fun and exciting because each day provided new and fun challenges.
Pros
Uncapped earning potential
Cons
Outdoor weather conditions
Stressful
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 21, 2014
It was a good company but they pressure too many people to make the company
Family culture
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 22, 2014
The beauty of working in Pacific Homeworks is that everyday is different, and you are always given an opportunity to learn something new. The management is always willing to mentor and answer any question you have. They have built a culture of family and comradery that makes me excited to go to work everyday. The hardest part of the job is taking on new challenges, but it is also the most enjoyable part. Each challenge helps me grow professionally.
Pros
Co-workers
opportunity
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, caApril 21, 2014
A year and a half ago I found this job on Craigslist. It has been a blessing ever since. The opportunity to really do something is here. not only is the management extremely helpfull, but I've been able to make some freinds here at work as well. Don't get me wrong it is a good hardworking inviroment, but with weekends off and pay every week, it is deffinetly the place to be.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to make a good living
Cons
Having to deal with the angry home owners.
Great Job
Controller (Current Employee) –  TorranceApril 18, 2014
This is a great job, there is plenty of room for advancement and the company is like one big family.
Pros
Company culture, xmas party, great advancement
Cons
work/life balance
good atmosphere
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  TorranceApril 16, 2014
A typical day would be calling people all day to get as many leads as possible. I learned better phone skills. I do not like the management ways. I love my co-workers and job atmosphere. The hardest part of the job are the rude customers and hang ups on the phone. The most enjoyable part is the atmosphere and the people I work around.
Pros
Atmosphere, weekly paycheck, weekends off, full 40 hr wrk week
Cons
Angry homeowners, hang ups
good management crew
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  torrance, caApril 10, 2014
my typical day at work starts with me calling reset Appointments from past days for the first hours then I swtich to calling reloads back and fourth til I reach my goal the management crew is a good one very helpful team member who help us produce the hardest part of my job is some time getting people to say yes to a appointment
Pros
getting paid every week, 1% commission
Cons
long hours look at computer screens
Laid back office enviroment
Telemarketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 10, 2014
As a manager of a dept., my main goal is to motivate and encourage my team to exceed their own expectations. I try to lead by example by exhibiting good work habits. My immediate management group (GM and owners) are really fun to work for. They give us the freedom to execute what really works for our dept, which is important.
Pros
Laid back office enviroment
Cons
Dealing with misconceptions from the public regarding our company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACIFIC HOMEWORKS. Our community is ready to answer.