PACIFIC HOMEWORKS Employee Reviews

Excellent learning experience
AUTOCAD DRAFTER (Current Employee) –  Friday Harbor, WAMay 9, 2016
I work with an Architect who is ready and willing to explain the small details of building design. He teaches me how to build a house as we work together. I have advanced from drawing patterns to suggesting changes in the floor and roofing plans.
Pros
Flexible working conditions. I can work at home.
Cons
Not a full-time job. I'm only employed when a contract is active.
Challenging but worth it
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 2, 2014
I get to come to work everyday and be surrounded by people who enjoy their job. Each department relies on the other. It's a team effort throughout the whole day. I've learned to be organized and goal oriented. Management doesn't micro-manage. They expect you to do your job and if you make a mistake offer to help. I have met great people at work and have formed nice relations with my co-workers. My job can be challenging at time. It can be a long day from start to finish. it is all worth it because I'am able to support my family.
Pros
room for growth and great compensation
Cons
long hours at time and lots of driving
Excellent environment to learn sales and marketing
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working with the sales and marketing teams there. Very knowledgeable about products and the field in general. Definitely a great experience.
Decent work setting with lovely reception and managment
Canvasser, Marketer (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 16, 2013
My everyday in Pac Homes was routine. We clock in at nine to review numbers in a meeting with the managers and staff. we then head out to our corresponding grids and handle door to door soliciting. the rejection becomes stranious but your safety and job security depends greatly on the effort given to the job. To a certain extent there is an extremly competitive atmosphere among co-workers. Although competition is very much welcomed, it can become hgostile very easily. I couldnt complain as an employee.
Pros
full time start, full breaks
Cons
always hiring, beyond competitive atmosphere
Family culture
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 22, 2014
The beauty of working in Pacific Homeworks is that everyday is different, and you are always given an opportunity to learn something new. The management is always willing to mentor and answer any question you have. They have built a culture of family and comradery that makes me excited to go to work everyday. The hardest part of the job is taking on new challenges, but it is also the most enjoyable part. Each challenge helps me grow professionally.
Pros
co-workers
Life changing for me
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 12, 2014
Working for Pacific Homeworks has been personally, a life changing step in my career, Everyone from management to the installers are great people to work for and with. The hardest part of my job is being unable to help a customer that really needs work due to finances. Furthermore, the most enjoyable part of my job is the look of a complete satisfaction on our customer's faces after a job is complete.
Pros
i work a lot less than a doctor and make about the same
Cons
a lot of driving
good management crew
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  torrance, caApril 10, 2014
my typical day at work starts with me calling reset Appointments from past days for the first hours then I swtich to calling reloads back and fourth til I reach my goal the management crew is a good one very helpful team member who help us produce the hardest part of my job is some time getting people to say yes to a appointment
Pros
getting paid every week, 1% commission
Cons
long hours look at computer screens
Great Job
Controller (Current Employee) –  TorranceApril 18, 2014
This is a great job, there is plenty of room for advancement and the company is like one big family.
Pros
company culture, xmas party, great advancement
Cons
work/life balance
Boring, Deceptive need I say more
Telemarketing department (Former Employee) –  TorranceJanuary 23, 2015
The Job especially if you are new is to talk homeowners into getting a "free estimate. You don't need to do anything now just keep it it's good for a year".meaning a long sales presentation. .The poor Sales rep that gets sent has to pressure the client into signing now.Most calls are to people who have said no repeatedly, or declined the overpriced qoute.
If you like harassing people over the phone work here.They teach and pressure to keep on until you agree..If you don't want to pressure people don't work here. .It is a poor business model.
Pros
some good coworkers
Cons
loud place. pressuring consumers. long hours
A good job for people who interested in Outside Sales.
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Working at Pacific Homeworks was an interesting job. For the canvassers work hours was 10:00am til 5:30pm. My duties were to go door to door and give residents in a specific area free quotes on home improvement projects if they were interested. However, I did learn how to apply myself and use better communication skills when I was talking to residents and clients. Management was strict because of the daily quota that was set for the team. Co-Workers were nice and had positive attitudes about the job and their duties. The hardest part of the job was learning to cope with uninterested residents and the weather along with the pressure from management. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was the hours, breaks, and bonuses and incentives.
Pros
an hour long lunch break and the bonuses.
Cons
strict management and the quotas
exciting job that requires skill, but long hours
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 21, 2014
A typical day of work is getting up excited to work and meet new people at different locations in Socal. Drive to different customers and measure different products. Pulling permits, critical thinking, helping customers and the company make the project a success. I've learned it requires skill with the product and people skills to work for pacific homeworks. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with - friends. The hardest part of my job is having a list of duties and being spread out miles away. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing all tasks and having happy customers.
Pros
commissions, transportation provided, new jobs in different areas, good pay.
Cons
long hours, extreme customers, city inspectors
Fun and interesting job, customers can be rude
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 14, 2014
I have worked for pacific homeworks for seven years now, I have never enjoyed a job more so than this one. I fell so financially secure that one and a half years ago, I got married. Three months ago I purchased a brand new car. Two months ago I had my first child. When I came into the work in the morning there is always work for me to do, we all find ways to keep it fun and interesting. I like that the company lets me find a balance between being a father and my career.
Pros
everyone here sets and equal opportunity, we all get a chance to shine and the employees care like a close knit family
Cons
on the rare occasion, we have to go to a hoarders house that smells very bad, and the customer is very rude.
Room for advancement and I love my job
Canvassing Manager and Rep Suppot (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CaMarch 19, 2014
I've been with pacific homeworks for several years and have held several positions with the company. I've advanced through departments and I'm now in a career that I love. Pac Homes gives everyone advancement opportunity. They have a family first policy which allows me to be a good father and employee. I have medical insurance - I make a healthy wage - I still have room to advance - and I'm in a leadership role. Overall review would be... I love my job.
Pros
advancement, everyone i work with is nice and happy, goal oriented
Cons
n/a
Nice opportunity and fun work enviroment
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  TorranceMarch 12, 2014
With this job I have the opportunity to help people with their home improvement needs and wants. I most enjoy the end result and the customer satisfaction. Job allows me to meet a lot of interesting people. The hardest part of the job sometimes is getting jaded people to separate us from a lot of the riff raff out there and being willing to take a moment to hear about who we are and how we do things differently.
Pros
management treats employees very well and happy employees lead to fun, rewarding work environments.
Cons
hours; amount of driving
Laid back office enviroment
Telemarketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 10, 2014
As a manager of a dept., my main goal is to motivate and encourage my team to exceed their own expectations. I try to lead by example by exhibiting good work habits. My immediate management group (GM and owners) are really fun to work for. They give us the freedom to execute what really works for our dept, which is important.
Pros
laid back office enviroment
Cons
dealing with misconceptions from the public regarding our company
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 4, 2014
All in all it's a great place to work. Gives you the ability to take care of your family and make enough money for extra activites. Enviroment is safe and productive and fair. The hardest part in the long hour and having to plan appt. around schedule but bring able to take of bill makde it worth white in the end. Most enjoyable part of the job is being to meet goals set.
Pros
bonuses/commission/good work conditions
opportunity
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, caApril 21, 2014
A year and a half ago I found this job on Craigslist. It has been a blessing ever since. The opportunity to really do something is here. not only is the management extremely helpfull, but I've been able to make some freinds here at work as well. Don't get me wrong it is a good hardworking inviroment, but with weekends off and pay every week, it is deffinetly the place to be.
Pros
excellent opportunity to make a good living
Cons
having to deal with the angry home owners.
sense of pride but rude customers
Marketer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 14, 2014
It gives me a sense of great pride to be a part of one of the most prominent home remodeling corporations in SoCal. My work days are enjoyable, & management is very encouraging & motivational. Working with co-workers that enjoy their jobs & genuinely hope to see others succeed is refreshing. The hardest part of my job is the rude customers.
Pros
compesations package, enjoyable work enviroment
Cons
rude customers
good atmosphere
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  TorranceApril 16, 2014
A typical day would be calling people all day to get as many leads as possible. I learned better phone skills. I do not like the management ways. I love my co-workers and job atmosphere. The hardest part of the job are the rude customers and hang ups on the phone. The most enjoyable part is the atmosphere and the people I work around.
Pros
atmosphere, weekly paycheck, weekends off, full 40 hr wrk week
Cons
angry homeowners, hang ups
Awesome workplace with a lot of perks
Admin (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 6, 2014
This company is a great place to work. The people are always generous and friendly, once you work here you're pretty much like family. They do make you work here; so it's not a slacker's job which is why I think many people put it down. Come to work to be productive and you won't have any problems.
Pros
free lunches every friday; good management attitude; other perks
Cons
no complaints