Pacific Hospital of Long Beach

Pacific Hospital of Long Beach Employer Reviews

productive and fun
Workers Compensation Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 3, 2014
Customer Service Representative/Benefits Counselor (Contract Assignment)
• Answer complex inbound calls from customers (internal/external) in a call center setting
• Provided superior customer service and promptly addressed client questions/concerns
• Made outbound calls to follow up with customers
• Assisted in educating and servicing clients regarding – more... their insurance benefits (health, dental, vision, and life)
• Followed up on requests for renewals, changes, and cancellations of benefits
• Provided additional data entry and administrative support when needed – less
Great first time experience for entry into security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 28, 2014
As my first job in the security field, hospital security allowed me to bridge 5 years of customer service experience into something very different through the scope of safety and security of the hospitals facility, employees and clients all of which entailed a wider range of responsibilities.
busy and fun
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2014
always a great time working and volunteering here! many different departments and i recommend this placed to others
very fast paced employment
TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 18, 2013
Transportation for several surgery centers. Constant contact with every patient to confirm surgery transportation. Constant contact with surgery staff and physicians. Routing drivers, adjusting routs, payroll.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE WAS GREAT
PBX OPERATOR (Former Employee), LONG BEACHOctober 30, 2013
Pros: social staff gatherings
MY TYPICAL DAY WAS ANSWERING MANY CALLS AND OVERHEAD PAGING WITHIN THE HOSPITAL. I LEARNED HOW TO PROPERLY CALL CODES IN EVENTS OF EMERGENCIES. MANAGEMENT WAS HELPFUL ALSO. COWORKERS WERE NICE TOO. NO HARD PARTS HERE. ENJOYABLE PARTS WERE OUR GATHERINGS AND STAFF DAYS.
Great commraderie in the RT department. Mgr really encourages us to further our careers by getting more education to increase our professional skills
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: located in beautiful, sunny long beach
Cons: i am per diem, and no full time position are being offered at this time.
This is a smaller hospital with an outstanding manager who encourages her staff to further their education so that they can be pillars of the respiratory care profession. I recently ran clinical simulations for rapid response and code blue team procedures, this included engaging and teaching about 150+ RN's, RT's and other ancillary staff as to evidence – more... based protocols and hospital policy and procedure as it relates to checking the crash carts readiness.

I am fortunate that each of my coworkers are great therapist, most are pretty tenured and we all help each other out. No one sits down for lunch until all of the procedures are completed, we all pitch in to help each other.

The hospital has recently been sold, so we don't know if we are going to still have jobs within the next couple of week. This is the hardest part of the job, not knowing if I'll have a job to go to in a couple of weeks. – less
Small Osteopathic Hospital
Clinical Nutrition Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 25, 2013
I have learned to treat the whole body not just the condition.
Family oriented
Communication Specialist/PBX (Current Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 3, 2013
This company goes bt the book of policy and procedure on everything.
good environment to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), long beach californiaJuly 4, 2013
>good teamwork.
>learned how to draw difficult stick
> management are graciuos
>coworkers are great to work with
>the hardest part of the job is to see patient suffers from their illness
>interacting with different types of people from different cultures
Good patient care and very productive staff
Volunteer/Er (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 2, 2013
They have great patient care and services
I ran blood and urine sample to the lab
the staff were all nice and productive
Productive place to work at in the healthcare field
Unit Secretary/CNA/BHW (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: happy patients
Cons: sad patients
A typical day at work was 12hrs of helping others get better in any way you could help. I learned a lot working there like, patient care, as well as clerk work. My co workers were a great team. management could use improvement. The hardest part of the job had to be seeing the patients unhappy.The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patients – more... happy. – less
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 14, 2012
Good place to work, but the managing company (Aramark), was very focused on patient satisfaction scores.
Very busy and productive Help Desk Environment
Help Desk Analyst Tier I & II (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: close location
At this hospital with a family like environment, I grew the most in an exciting time of IT at the company with the implementation of the Electronic Medical Record known as Cerner's Millenium EMR.
Poor Training and Work Ethics
Admitting Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach,CaOctober 26, 2011
This company does not provide good work Ethics from the Department Manager. They are very Prejudice and not a Clean company to work for.

About Pacific Hospital of Long Beach

At Pacific Hospital of Long Beach, we strive to be a Center of Excellence in all that we do for our patients and our employees. – Read more