Pacific Life Insurance

Pacific Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Family Feeling
Manager (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CaliforniaJanuary 25, 2015
People come to Pacific Life to work and end up finding a life and family. The work is rewarding and beneficial.
Productive work environment with great structure
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: clean work environment, easy to other teams and divisions
Cons: to much focus on longevity for advancement, not enough focus on quality of work
Great structure to the life division with separate areas working in unison to meet the business need.
Great Place to work
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CADecember 29, 2013
Pros: professional
Cons: not a lot of growth
Very professional environment and financially secure the people are great and there is longevity with the company. Technology is a little bit archaic and behind but the company is great.
Great work enviroment and cafeteria
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: beautiful area, work environment
Never a typical day. Resolve server issues.
I learned how to manage and resolve server related issues including application support.
Management was available as needed but not micromanage.
All my co-workers were pleasant and easy to work with.
The most enjoyable part was I could take a break and walk across the street to the mall.
Good company to work for
Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAJune 12, 2013
Company has good benefits and a relaxed dress code. Enjoying your experience here truly depends on the department you end up in. They let you leave early on days before major holidays and most locations have a subsidized cafeteria.
A family-oriented company
Investment Services Analyst (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 4, 2012
Pros: great benefit
Cons: not very fast career advancement
* very stable company to work for.
* Great job security.
* CFA title is important for investment related positions
* MBA's are not valued as much as CFA titles
good company
Mailroom Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 2, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Pacific Life is a good company to work for. They work with your schedule if you have family items
I have learned alot about the insurance buisness since working there
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CaliforniaOctober 26, 2012
Great place to work. It is my second home. People work as a team.
Not the greatest company to work for
Annuity Information Specialist (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: restaurant on site
Cons: too long to list
Definitely not the greatest company to work for in Orange County. There is not much room for advancement and the pay is below industry standards.
Management team average, some worst that others. Benefits excellent, and environment average.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 17, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits, working conditions are good, and people at the worker bee level work well together..
Cons: extremely conservative, too many "clicks" between managers and their favorite employee(s) and project sponsors.
A typical day at Pacific Life was to manage my assigned projects. Since the project environment is forever changing, this made the job both interesting and challenging. But I would adapt new methods for managing my projects, and my team consistently worked their project assignments and work well together.

Although for the most part the Managers I worked for at Pacific Life were great, except for the last Manager I had before I was laid off. My last Manager's style was extremely cruel, harsh, and stripped people of their confidence, dignity, and pride. Our Manager consistently reminded us that Pacific Life needed our Manager because "our Manager fixes things" which was not totally true. This style of management consistently was a road block to gaining a relationship with my Project Sponsor, having the freedom to manage my project based on my approach, and to apply lessons learned from my previous managers who were significantly more experienced in team building, managing of people, and allowing a Project Manager the freedom to develop their own style.

Although I would not judge Pacific Life based negatively based on one bad Manager, I would have to give Pacific Life a grade of B-. A good place to work, but the management core is very tightly knit which can make it hard for those that want to be creative, build relationships, and work together.
Executive Assistant, Legal (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJune 28, 2012
The most enjoyable part of this job was that is was directly accross the street from Fashion Island Mall.