Pacific Life Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company to work for
Field Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJune 3, 2016
The management of Pacific Life dedicates a significant amount of time to finding ways to make the employees work life fun and enjoyable. The work is engaging and dynamic. The pay is competitive and the workload is just enough to keep you busy but not overwhelming. Overall, I'd work for Pacific Life again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Many employee appriciation days. Fantastic management.
Cons
A large amount of work with strick deadlines
Great Company, Great Culture
Operations Audit Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 14, 2015
Great company to work for. Values ethics, culture, and work/home balance. Competitive pay and fair benefits. Not many companies like this left.
Positively Challenging
Senior Broker Dealer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed reaching out to and collaborating with multiple departments on several different high priority projects. However, recent changes in the financial services industry coupled with reduced sales ultimately made the work environment much more stressful and much less flexible.
Pros
Jeans Days
Cons
Corporate procedures and culture too rigid
Average
Travel Expense Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJune 5, 2016
It is not a great place to work, the setup of the cubicles keeps employees very isolated. Managers do not have daily interaction with employees and employees that have been working there for longer time do not accept new employees in their circle. Excellent environment for people that only goes to work for a paycheck.
Pros
Stabe Company
Cons
Employees are just another number
Great Work Life Balance, Excellent benefits
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 20, 2016
Great Work Life Balance - slow to adapt to new technology. Most people have stayed in the company for 10+ years. People are wonderful.
Annuity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 9, 2016
Pacific Life really cares about their employees. They want you to do well at your job, but also ask about you currently and how they can make the current day better and talk about the future. Their plans for development is like any others in this industry.

I have learned great skills in leadership and life. Being a part of some major projects with the department allowed my skills as a communicator and leader to grow exponentially.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Senior Business Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2016
I've learned a lot on personal and professional level at Pacific Life. They are there to help you do better on a personal level but also as a professional.
Overall satisfied
N/A (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 8, 2015
-friendly people (mostly)
-good work/life balance (half days and time off for major holidays)
-decent pay and benefits package
-nice office (Newport/Aliso Viejo)
Cons
hard to move up/change job title
Ok place to work
Project Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 27, 2016
People either do not want to leave their position because they have been here forever or they don't see a point in moving up a level. Management is partial to long term employees and gives step treatment to Contractors.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
No growth opportunities
Good place to work if you are in a permanent role
Project Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 19, 2016
Good Benefits, Good learning experience, good location and great cafe at the facility. No Coffee/Tea for the employees.
Pros
Cafe on the site.
Cons
Contractors are treated lowly
Give Your all, Never Quite Enough
New Business Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 9, 2013
Management did not care about their employees. They only cared about those that were their "favorites" & if you weren't among that group, you were just a number to them. Corporate did take care of us by way of benefits to an extent, but in afterthought, the benefits we were provided came at a fairly high price for individuals that worked there. I learned to do as I'm told, when I'm told, be seen & not heard...yes, they treated us like kindergartners. & if we bucked the system at all, were were reprimanded & humiliated. I'm very surprised that I survived there as long as I did with how unhappy I was.
Pros
management was a group of "cool kids" that held the others down
Cons
benefits were sufficient, but sort of expensive to maintain after it was all said & done.
Decent
Sales (Former Employee) –  NebraskaMay 7, 2016
Overall great pay decent work environment flexibility with schedule would recommend big learning curve but manageable
Pros
Pay flexibility
Great Employer...
Treasury Department Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 12, 2015
Typical Day at Work:
Normally 8am to 5 pm, Monday thru Friday. Review and respond to emails during the first half hour. Pick up sorted account payables through out the day, process approximately 150 to 200 invoices. Respond to inbound inquiry calls in regards to payment statuses through out the day. Special account tracking tasks assigned by management on an occasional basis.

What I Learned:
How to work within a large organization.

Management:
Excellent. They experienced and well versed in their respective positions. They know how to train subordinates and reference up to date Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).

Co-workers:
Good people with strong work ethics.

Hardest Part of the Job:
The repetition of the work.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
The overall caring business culture: People first.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at this position, the environment and the people that I interacted with were positive.

I learned some new skills such as Concur for expense reporting that I will take to my next position.
Corp I.T. lack of communication
N/A (Former Employee) –  Orange county, Ca.May 21, 2014
I would not reccomend working at this company. The atmosphere is somewhat boring & stuffy compared to other progressive companies in the area.
Management & subordinates do not communicate clearly.
Contractors can be treated like second class citizen's. Do not contract there- ever.
Benefits are great if your an employee..
Alot of good people work at this company- its too bad that they have to deal with the antiquated managment system there.
Productive and challenging and very supportive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 28, 2012
Working at Pacific Life & Annuity for 22 years was very rewarding. A great place to learn and opportunities for challenging yourself and plans for advancement. A typical day focused on customer service both internal and external. Teamwork across departments made for a great environment and customer focus.
Pros
benefits, salary, great management and teamwork
Relaxing Environment
Developer (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 29, 2015
My typical work days at PL has been relaxing. Low stress environment with plenty of time to finish work. However this may be different depending on who the manager is.
Pros
Low Stress, Job Security
Cons
Lack of Advancement opportunity
Productive and fun workplace
Instructional Design Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMarch 5, 2015
Interesting industry, fast-paced, blended training methodology. Very involved in charity and community services. Long standing, strong company. Great benefits and close-knit teams.
Great company to work for
Account Exec (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CaJune 21, 2012
Outbound Sales calls throughout the day. Meetings with Brokers on business travel once a month.
Learned to connect with referral partners and strengthen those relationships.
Co-workers were great to work with, good people all around
Pros
business travel, no celing on income
Cons
pac life is now out of the group benefits arena
Great place to work with a lot of stability
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 13, 2015
I've only ever worked here and have enjoyed its people and culture immensely. I have learned everything from here and have seen it grow culturally, as well as it become very adaptive based on the market and its own product offerings. It does have red tape and politics.
Pros
work / life balance
Cons
politics