Pacific Life Employee Reviews

An excellent place to work with great Management, benefits and co-workers
Sr Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 29, 2017
I was with the company for 15 1/2 years and loved it from the beginning to end.

I came to this company with years of experience, however I will have to say that the standard of excellence that they talk about is all true!! I've never seen the high level of caring and service to customers anywhere else!
Pros
Great Benefits and great people!
Cons
Company Growth has changed the environment, but they are trying to keep the employee's experience as much as possible.
Careful who you trust
Business Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2017
The company as a whole is good. The pay is good and the benefits are great. It all depends on your department. In the department I was in, there supervisors were friends with the manager. You couldn't trust saying something in a 1-1 that would be repeated and would come back to you. No one soaks up on real issues for fear of retaliation.
Stable Company and good core values
Accountant I - Mortgage Loan Accounting (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 26, 2017
I enjoyed the beautiful building, location, on-site cafeteria. Professional workmates. Business casual. They have a host of learning opportunities (classroom and on-line).
Pros
Good environment to work in
great benefits
Sr Bus Svc Specialist in Annuity Operations (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2017
Company is downsizing and outsourcing to India. Very fast paced work environment. Micromanaged. Some Supervisors are great, others not so much. Job culture going through changes
Do Not Trust Management
IT Manager - Corporate Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 19, 2017
Never believe what management tells you. Upper Management in IT believes they are better than the people who report to them. The culture is a save yourself at the expense of others.
Pros
People
Alright
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 12, 2017
It was alright working here at this company. Good benefits overall. Lots of office politics just like any other company. Worked with many talented people.
Fun activities throughout year to make work fun but productive
Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2017
Plenty of chances for advancement. Fast pace inviroment. Employees work as a team. The benefits are with employees needs taken into consideration. The company is community involved.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time expectations
A man's world
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 9, 2017
As a customer service representative the work was extremely fast paced and demanding which was fine. Within the company the men who worked there were appropriate in their behavior towards and around women, the clients and financial advisors were not. I was continuously sexually harassed by financial advisors and made to listen to crude jokes and inappropriate comments from them with little to no recourse for me as they were the customer that I needed to serve.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and room for advancement
Cons
If working with agents and you are an attractive young woman, expect to be exposed to inappropriate behaviour
Official response from Pacific Life
October 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your work experience at Pacific Life. While we are pleased you had a good experience with your colleagues at Pacific Life, we are concerned with your comments regarding harassment by outside parties. We take great strides to provide a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination by employees, as well as outside parties, and would like to hear more about your experience. Please contact us at 949-219-3540, as we would like to ensure that your concerns are appropriately addressed.

Needs coffee
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 4, 2017
Coffee is available for $$ at the cafeteria. Really? Doesn't management know that caffeine fuels Information Technology? Also, expect a lot of meetings.
Pros
cafeteria on-site
Great team environment
Document Support Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2017
Had an amazing time with my peers (team) they helped so much whenever I had questions.

Management did put pressure to perform flawlessly in a short period of time. I felt more training and guidance was needed for me but was told that more than enough training was provided to do better. Constant pressure from this angle.
Pros
Great team
Cons
short lunches, pressure to submit flawless work in a short amount of time of training

Want to know more about Pacific Life?

Ask a question
Great company to work for with good reputation. Pacific Life always tried to do best by their employees. They also had great perks.
Senior Business Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aksarben Village 6750 Mercy Rd, Omaha NESeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at work started with opening all programs including state websites. Reading all emails and listening to messages. Working on follow up with customers and representatives. Processing all licensing and appointments for representatives to sell Pacific Life products. Insure that all licenses and appointments for reps were up to date. Obtained outstanding paperwork to complete appoints for reps. Made all necessary payments and adjustments to representatives commission payments. Consulted with Broker Dealers and representatives to gather information and answer questions. Trained fellow employees when required. Updated job aids and shared ideas for improving processes within the department. Work to meet deadlines that coincide with the market. I did feel after 10 years that I was ready to move on and start a new chapter. To be honest I did get a bit burned out and wanted to something new. The culture at Pacific life was terrific. You felt like you were family, especially after being there so long. I miss everyone of them.
Pros
Great to employees with many perks. Days went very fast.
Cons
Sometimes not enough time to get everything done. I am a perfectionist.
Fantastic Workplace
Investment Marketing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 15, 2017
Fantastic company to work for, employees are always taken care here. From lunches, employee appreciation week and locker rooms are available if you wanted to exercise during lunchtime.
An Empire State?
Sr. Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 25, 2017
Company is a great place to work if you are in the right department. Sadly, they allow their management to create empires with their own family and friends as opposed to hiring real talent.
stable company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 25, 2017
A good stable company with several employees working for over 20 years, even retired from it. Good work life balance. good benefits, decent pay, cafeteria on site.
good place to work
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 24, 2017
good place to work and get started in the financial industry. You will and are expected to put in long hours to get ahead. The company has a good reputation in the business and treats people fairly
Excellent culture and environment
Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 22, 2017
Friendly, good atmosphere. Follows mission and vision, puts customers first. Building is in a great location, and co-workers are not only nice, but there is an excellent team dynamic.
Pros
Good employee engagement and activities
Productive and good place to work
IT Finance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 17, 2017
Great people; lack data, clear communications, and processes. Leadership is gaining traction, but processes and accountability needs improvement. Emphasis on work life balance.
retirement department
Account Manager / Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 14, 2017
Company dynamic has shifted to a win at all costs environment. managers lead by fear and threats. very unethical in the RSD department. The money is not worth the stress.
Great Benefits and training opportunities
Security Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
Pacific Life has great benefits and training opportunities.

Care about their people and really want everyone to be a success

Fun place to work

Great people
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
Some bad management but some really awesome managers
good place
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 4, 2017
We help people, businesses, and things communicate better.

The digital world promises consumers a better, more connected life, and we’re the ones delivering it. We make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. We’re also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Life. Our community is ready to answer.