Pacific Life

Pacific Life Employee Reviews

CASE OWNER/COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAApril 10, 2015
Poor management, room for advancement
Team orientated culture with helpful team
1035 and Accounting Representative (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pacific Life is very team oriented with team members always willing to lend a hand and always willing to help you learn. Communicated with team members very well and nobody ever felt left out. Management made sure we remained on task without spying and hovering over us. Environment was very positive and uplifting.
Good Place to build form
Internal and External Wholesaler (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 30, 2015
Great opportunity to build from in the financial industry. The training is great and most of the people are great and opening.
Fortune 500 Compnay with a Strong Customer Service Focus
Senior Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 26, 2015
My husband and I have decided to relocate to the Pacific Northwest. I enjoy working for Pacific Life and would probably not be leaving if there was an opportnuity for transfer to a position in the Pacific Northwest.
Mutual Company is commendable
NICE Perform Certified Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: desire to excel
Cons: middle management
I was always impressed with the desire to keep in front of new technology. This can also become an obstacle. It can lead to the desires of a view become declared as policy.
Bad culture and management
Anonymous (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: good benefit, coworkers
Cons: bad managers, micromanagement, backstabbing culture, promote distrust among team members, managers are hypocrites, favoritism, inept people get promotion, below average pay.
Bad management. Company culture sounds good on paper, but get lost down the line. Managers are very very petty and play favoritism. Company does not like to promote from within. Hard to move around in company both vertically and horizontally. Job performance review makes no sense (Messy desk resulted from working too hard is negative, etc). Inept people get promoted because they kiss up.
Well Branded Historical Company
Bank Recon and Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 6, 2014
My typical work day reflect on running daily reports. Providing division updated report status. Manage daily Bank Reconciliation on Corporate and subdivision accounts. Review, match and apply any adjustment to bank statement and company transaction.
I work with a great management team as well as my peers. Makes my work day enjoyable.
My daily work load is understandable and easy to complete all or any deadline in a timely manner.
excellent company
Director Information Technology Services (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAAugust 29, 2014
great benefits, good advancement opportunities,
good work environment and enjoyed customer contacts
Supportive company
Sr. Project Analyst (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAAugust 12, 2014
Typical day included supporting end users on systems, processes, procedures, etc.
Corp I.T. lack of communication
N/A (Former Employee), Orange county, Ca.May 21, 2014
I would not reccomend working at this company. The atmosphere is somewhat boring & stuffy compared to other progressive companies in the area.
Management & subordinates do not communicate clearly.
Contractors can be treated like second class citizen's. Do not contract there- ever.
Benefits are great if your an employee..
Alot of good people work at this company- its too bad that they have to deal with the antiquated managment system there.
Horrible place to work
Annuity Information Specialist (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers, a cafeteria in the building
Cons: micromanaged to death, incompetent people running the place, no comrodery, horrible place where you are treated like a cow in a stall
I was hired on in October 2010 and went through a very extensive training stint that lasted 4 weeks to pass the series 6 license with a class of 12 people. Once we all passed the series 6, two people were forced out. ( I think they over hired thinking that some wouldn't pass the series 6)

when it came to being on the phones, mind you this is a customer service job sitting in a cubicle answering calls for 8 hours. I enjoyed helping customers get their money, transfer their funds and help with completing their forms. However, it soon became obvious that my manager, who will remain nameless yet not shameless) continued to bring me in for the minimalist of infractions over the phone. Such as I forgot to tell the client what business hours when closing the conversation.

Pacific Life would record all conversations with clients and then pick 4-5 calls that were not perfect out of 45-50 and nail you on those calls why you didn't do this and why you didn't do that. This was done, I believe because they wanted to get rid of me and wanted to find something. I have been in this industry for 20 years and they kept calling me in for stuff while other people who were never part of this industry never received the same scrutiny as I did. It was extreme micromanagement.

Pacific Life has these old computer and programs from the 1980's when Ronald Reagan was President. That should tell you all you need to know about the total incompetence of the people running this company. It's sad because there were alot of nice people that I met there. Unfortuenately, it's a horrible place to work.
Not so fun
New Business Risk Associate - Temporary (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CaApril 7, 2014
If you like sitting in a cubicle being micromanaged this is the place for you.
Basically a good company
Senior Systems Analyst, Corporate Division (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Due to technology departments being merged, I was put into a position (in July, 2013) for which I was not a good fit.
wholesaler
Regional Vice President (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: statewide travel
Proven leader wholesaling divers financial product lineup
Productive and fast paced company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 29, 2014
A very fast paced environment with continua changes. Management is very intuitive and always looking for ways to improve the organization.
Self motivated and efficient
Accounting Control Specialist II (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 11, 2014
I am self motivated and very productive at work I am self driven towards learning. My strong accounting skills are AP, AR, journal entries, month end, bank reconciliation and account reconciliation-revenue, expense, accrued, prepaid and asset accounts. I have internal audit experience of 3 years.
Interesting place to work
Sr. Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 11, 2013
A typical day at work involved regulatory review and updating various divisions on requirements as applicable to them. I learned more about the insurance industry had professional relationships with my co-workers. The job was not hard.
Excellent benefits, great environment and good name/brand in the industry.
Realty Analyst (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 2, 2013
Excellent company to work for, employees were treated well and felt like they were part of the organization. Great leadership and vision.
Unorganized, unprofessional & non-responsive
Internal Wholesaler - Not an employee (Former Employee), Omaha,NESeptember 26, 2013
Pros: widely known company
Cons: shady local management/leadership team
This company is a very risky option if you are thinking about working with them. I had 4 interviews with them and they demonstrated a great deal of shady behavior during the interview process. I was constantly provided conflicting information from different people. I was asked the same questions multiple times and they were non-responsive. It just felt very unorganized and unprofessional. Just be careful, pay attention to the signs and proceed with caution.
Good place to work!
Operation Service Representative II (Current Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits!
Stable company to work for.
Good hours.
Management is easy to work with and talk to.

About Pacific Life

While the breaching whale logo used by Pacific Life Insurance evokes the West Coast, the company operates all across the US. As – Read more

Pacific Life Salaries