Pacific Logistics Corp Employee Reviews

3PL Lead Shipping and Recieving
3PL Shipping/Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NJDecember 1, 2017
Typical day starts with myself greeting the temps. for the day. I would brief them of the shipments to be received and shipped. I would designate the leadership roles between the temps. that had the more experience and time with the company. Management was either on the same page or a step ahead of my department. It always helped us with preparation in receiving and shipping off the docks. The hardest part was waiting for shipments if the docks were packed. Sharing docks with 30 plus customers thing got hectic on Fridays and Mondays. I have learned that everyone matters when it comes to any job. Everyone should be treated with respect and things run smooth. I enjoyed the little office perks during holidays. And monthly office lotteries to win overstock inventory.
Bad place to work overall.
Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJune 12, 2017
My manager and myself were hired at the same time, we were taught everything by doing on our own, and teaching each other. (At least trying to teach each other). We didn't really get help from anyone above us and still had to deal with the actual work load. There is no formal training, experiance if you have any is what you rely on there. Routing the impossible becomes possible, you'll be forced to route product that hasn't even arrived in the country FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!!! Be prepared.
Pros
Learning Experiance
Cons
Bad management
I enjoyed working for Pacific Logistics Corporation.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMay 31, 2017
Supervise a crew of 35+ employees Yard goat to move trailers Knowledge of loading loads by cubic feet or weight Load planner for trailer loads Health & Safety compliance in accordance with company policy. Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior. Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service. The most difficult part was when the agency did not bring enough employees; the job would take longer but we still managed to get the job done with limited timing. The most enjoyable part of my position was helping others grow by teaching them new tactics on a daily basis.
Pros
Every three months of no injuried was equal to pizza and tacos.
Cons
Agency would lack employees on our busiest days
A very productive and fun and professional place to be for work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMay 21, 2017
When I was working with Pacific-Logistics it was a very enjoyable working enviornment. I typically would work with the warehouse and give the warehouse manager his assignments for work for the day for him to check on inbound shipments and making sure that him and his crew understood the aspects of routing the shipments out that day for the drivers. I would work on quotes for the customers that either emailed us or called in to find the cheapest way for them to get the product to the destination they were going to be shipping to. I would answer the phones for customer service issues and work hand in hand with our outside sales staff that were out looking for new customers and making sure that they were taken care of. I would answer emails throughout the day and reply accordingly. I would also work with the GM of our terminal and work on special projects that needed to be done for the corporate office. I would make sure that the shipments that I worked on the day before were either in transit or out for delivery per the customers service level they requested or were quoted on. Making sure that the invoicing from our carriers weather it was from a Truck load or a partial truck load or if the shipment needed to be there over night or in a couple of days anywhere in the world. Mostly domestically but sometimes internationally.
Pros
Employee appreciation from the owner/
Cons
No cons the company was a great fit for me and a great place to work
A typical day at work
Account Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Friendly co-workers, Enjoyable place to work, Flexible with hours, Stay busy throughout the day. Great x-mass celebration and raffles, But need a closer place to home.
Pros
daily coffee/Tea, often get suprised with bagels.
Cons
Strict dress code.
Great management and work environment
3PL Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Days were so busy here but I always enjoyed every minute of it. I learned so much here and I'm ready to share my potential with my new position.
Cons
love it here.
management
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJDecember 10, 2015
Management performance with operation communication is horrible. Managers are told of change 1-2 days before the change takes place.
Pros
love the CEO
Cons
micromanagment
bad management
night operations (Former Employee) –  jamesburgAugust 27, 2015
bad management, but it does have a good pay there is a lot of overtime, there is also a lot of finger pointing people covering there back and trying to blame you
Great working eviorment lots of frienldy co-workers.
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJune 26, 2015
great place , simple warehouse stuff labeling boxes, loading trucks, unloading, and putting boxes in proper places in warehouse
provided a stable, relaxed work enviroment.
Lumper (Former Employee) –  jamesburg njJune 24, 2015
work was your average warehouse job empty trucks,fill trucks.
my shift started at 8am and end at 4:30pm but was then moved to 6am-2:30pm .
Pros
pizza lunches
Cons
laid off
Forward thinking company always looking to improve the company that eventually filters down to the employees
Senior Account Executive National Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJune 15, 2015
Good Management to work for
Celebrate events making going to work enjoyable
Competitive Salaries
Average Benefits
Has relaxed summer dress code
Disorganized management w/ a greedy CEO
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 6, 2015
Worst company to work for. Management was completely non existent when help was needed, and micromanagement occurred in sales daily. By the time I had left the company they had 1 full time sales person along with the COO for calls and business.
Pros
Cons
Long work hours, horrible management
it was a okay experience
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 9, 2015
it was a everyday daily basic working at the warehouse. Do the routine, labels, stack, drive. work hours varies at night shifts only.
Good Job
3rd Party Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJNovember 23, 2014
At this job I worked extremely hard and moved up the ranks very quickly. I went from a laborer to the 3rd Party logistics supervisor. I would run the manifest and a group of 5-15 temporary employees. I had to make sure all freight was accounted for. I also did inventory checks and offloaded freight myself using a forklift. I also went to companies we had contracts with to make sure all shipments were safe and offloaded properly.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Hard labor
Not worth it.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera,CaNovember 19, 2014
No stars.... Their logistics division is a joke. If you want to work with shady upper management, this is the place to be!
Pros
Cons
everything
Not a fulfilling job
Inbound Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDSeptember 2, 2014
There is little or no room for advancement at this job, and I want more room to grow.
Very disorganized management
Sales Account Exec (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 28, 2014
The CEO and management seems to no see eye to eye on a lot of things. Once the VP of marketing left, everything was in disarray.
Interesting and fun working environment
International Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJOctober 14, 2013
I arrived to work by 8:00, sign in to the system; openned my outlook to read if any urgent emails came from overseas or coloaders; follow up the exports/imports operations made the night before (check on: flight departure, cargo arrival, cargo pickup from local carriers, etc). If receive new export instruction, then I begin to coordinate with local carrier the pickup of new exports; contact the shipper to receive confirmation to pickup the cargo, make reservations with the airlines (pick the best one with good departure/arrival time and costs). Communicate information and costs to overseas agent to get approval; receive via email copy of complete export docs in order to file AES online. Send complete draft of documents to overseas agent in order to receive approval to proceed. Coordinate reweight and redim the cargo for actual and confirmed cargo information in order to avoid mistakes with the documents to the airline. REceive confirmation from overseas agent, print original documents to the airline; send pouch of docs to the airline or local carrier via Fedex. Confirm the drop of cargo to the airline's warehouse on time and complete the follow up via phone with the airline customer service. Scan all export documents to the agent. Follow up of airline departure and arrival to the agent. Update information in the system on costs and invoice to the agent. Scan docs to the agent to complete the operation. Inform step by step to supervisor (follow up of operations on an excel format). Inform exported on departure of cargo and arrival into destination. All the above is for air export.  more...

For ocean export, once I receive instruction to contact the shipper then it is reaedy to proceed with the cargo pickup coordination with my coloader. Request copy of export docs to the shipper and proceed with the coordination. Inform of options with expected departure date and arrival date, and cost. Request booking with the carrier of choice. File AES if necessary and SLI information is sent to SLI responsible person to file it. make sure that cargo and docs are confirmed. Wait for departure confirmation from coloader and reconfirm information to overseas agent. send scan copy of all documents for their follow up. Continue with follow up of cargo until arrival.

Update cargo information and charges into the system. Finally, send our invoice to overseas agent.
Pros
Friday of bagels, nice people.
Cons
Little to none training, international managent do not communicate or provides training to a certain situation or event.
One of the finest owners to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 19, 2013
One of the best transportation companies out there...unlimited growth potential...incredible personell and infrastructure
Good place to work,but they have a small yard for so many trucks etc.
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2012
I liked working there,dispatcher was perfessional and nice. There boss too.
Pros
family ran small co. good place to work
Cons
small yd

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Logistics Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Logistics Corp Reviews by Location