Pacific Lutheran University

Pacific Lutheran University Employer Reviews

Pacific Lutheran
Director of Content Development (Current Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: nice tuition benefits
Cons: low pay when compared with industry
Great place to work, and good people to work with. Culture is changing a bit though, and less warm than it used to be. Love working around the students and their hope and passion. Learned that there is life after journalism.
Relaxed work environment with flexibility in schedule
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), University Marketing and CommunicationsSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: lots of middle management interference
Relaxed work environment with flexibility in schedule. All holidays off. Lots of vacation time. Good benefits. Very good retirement package. Good up-to-date equipment, operating system and programs.
Very intense and extreemly exciting.
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: working in a highly professional environment, and getting a real life experience.
Cons: no cones
Although this job was considered an internship, I also took classes and received a full semester school credits to complete a minor in Psychology. I was assigned readings and assignments to complete on my time off, which were closely related to the duties I was performing at the hospital, therefore it was really intense and challenging three months. – more... But, overall, I really enjoyed working and learning in a highly professional environment – less
Safety Officer
Safety/Communication Officer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 22, 2013
It was a great place to work. They cared about the people that worked for them.
Great school great learning environment
Chinese Language Program Associate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 5, 2013
Pros: small class
Cons: na
I am so blessed to be a student of PLU and have the opportunity to have the experience of liberal arts college education.
The best company I have ever worked for.
Residence Hall Front Desk Worker (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: study while you work (after other tasks are completed), speak to and interact with people professionally.
Cons: none.
I worked with PLU in other capacities than just this job over the course of my four years as a student, but this was the most recent one. A typical day working the front desk for the dorm involved monitoring each person coming and going from the dorm to make sure residents and their guests were safe. Handling of a "money box" and regulating the use – more... of dorm equipment occupied a significant amount of daily time as well. Co-workers were other dorm-mates, so we were able to all become close co-workers. – less
Great working environment
Assistant Rowing Coach (Current Employee), tacoma,waJanuary 17, 2013
I love working for PLU. I get to work with outstanding students that are very fun to work with. I love training the team and teaching them how to row.
Keeps you busy
Library Circulation Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 25, 2012
You do a lot of grunt work, but it is full time. You learn how to communicate in a business manner. The management takes some getting used to, but after some time you get used to it. I would recommend this job as a last resort. It can get extremely boring and repetitive after a month.
Fun and Productive work experience
Facilities Management (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 5, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
A typical day for me is finishing and working on different work-orders around the campus. I have learned many communications skills as I have communicate with multiple people through out the campus including the Vice President and many other Administrative employees.
Great workplace.
Sustainability Business Intern (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 29, 2012
Great workplace for students who are in need of a job in conjunction with a busy schedule as a full-time student.